Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

40 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Don’t understand why everyone is so pressed about gerrard. Had a bad time with villa in his second season but did a great job with rangers. Could potentially bring in some Liverpool youth on loan or even poach some that aren’t up to the level of playing for Liverpool.

Wouldn’t be my first choice but definitely isn’t as bad as some people are making out that he is. 

I suspect the Gerrard storyline may well be a plot or smokescreen to apply a little pressure on the manager they they really want.

4 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I'm Scottish, live on the west coast and would estimate that 45% of everyone I've ever met or know support Rangers. It's kind of inescapable. 

He done well in terms of results but like I've said, the football wasn't great and to put together that starting 11, he had a LOT of misses. 

The Liverpool youth for example, for every Kent, there was an Ojo, Ejaria and Flanagan. 

I’ll take your word for it, I’m far removed from Scottish football and don’t have the time to catch up on his entire career and signings. Obviously the Scottish league is not comparable to the premier league so he was always going to struggle jumping from a 2 team league, managing one of those 2 teams, to the most competitive league in football managing a mid table club.

I know everyone sh*ts on him because of how well Unai has gone on to do with Aston Villa, but unai is a top top quality manager, if he didn’t do better than gerrard I would’ve been shocked.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

He got 2 players in on loan from Chelsea while he was at Derby. 

Hardly. Reason to give someone a job. 

Again no one is saying give them the job. His post was in response to someone else saying Lampard/Gerrard wouldn't use the loan market for Chelsea Liverpool youngsters. Lampard's time at Derby shows he did this. Gerrard less so with Rangers I think 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Ffs

Scotland's premiership is a pub league.

If you manage Rangers or Celtic it should add no credibility to your ability as a manager.

Can we finally put this argument to rest? 

Rodgers won the FA Cup, an achievement that should rank very high in our history. 

MON, arguably our most successful manager prior to 2016, went from us to this "pub league", which in itself speaks volumes.

They have won European trophies which we haven't come close to doing in our entire history.

Can you take much from a manager winning the league with Celtic? Maybe not, but you also cannot just dismiss it because you don't rate the competition.

By the same virtue, it makes the dominating teams of the Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 look like they're playing in pub leagues.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Clever Fox said:

I can see Gerrard being a disaster here. I'd sooner have Puel back to finish the job he started.

I'm not so sure you could rate Gerrard as highly as a disaster...Puel for DoF maybe.

I'll be honest, the only SPFL manager I'd be excited about having here is one who'd either won something in Europe with Rangers or Celtic or had broken their hegemony in the domestic game.

Winning trophies in Scotland with those two is absolutely meaningless and tells us nothing beyond their ability to better one vaguely competitive side over a season.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Again no one is saying give them the job. His post was in response to someone else saying Lampard/Gerrard wouldn't use the loan market for Chelsea Liverpool youngsters. Lampard's time at Derby shows he did this. Gerrard less so with Rangers I think 

2 players. That's it. 

What is odd is that Potter (or his agent), went public turning us down (if we even enquired in the 1st place), but this time round, nothings been said. 

That twitter user yesterday said there's some negotiation on control of transfers, perhaps there's something in that and we've been given an ultimatum by Potters camp, and we're trying to force his hand with the Gerrard link.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

It's a tough crowd, especially when they assume you want him in as your first choice because you dare to see both sides of the coin 

Honestly, people can’t wait to jump down your throat on here can they 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, norwichfox said:

I'm not so sure you could rate Gerrard as highly as a disaster...Puel for DoF maybe.

Yes, I just hope it's a deflection while we negotiate with someone else behind the scenes. Puel would be a great  DOF.

• Like 3

I'd go for Potter.

With our paying over the odds for everyone we should be able to blow the other clubs away.

But then again, if we are now as broke as the club seem to be saying, our interest gets blown away.

So it's anyone's guess at the moment which way we will go. My gut says that they will p*ss about until a week before the season opens and appoint someone on the cheap.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

2 players. That's it. 

And those two players being mason mount and tomori who have both since gone on to play in champions league games and in the England set up. He also took derby to the play offs. Fair enough lampard has been shit at both Everton and Chelsea. Can’t argue that.

We are now a championship team, we aren’t going to be getting the likes of pochettino 😂

Just now, Spiritwalker said:

Your not the same person by any chance?

Yes mate, my life is that sad and lonely that I’ve made two accounts on here to support myself so that I look better on a football forum, because I value all of your opinions so highly.

• Haha 2