Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Just now, StinckleyFox said:

Yes mate, my life is that sad and lonely that I’ve made two accounts on here to support myself so that I look better on a football forum, because I value all of your opinions so highly.

Just asking.:)

I'd like Potter in, but if he's another that wants full control over everything like Rodgers I'd rather we just stick with Smith and crack on. He's done it before and been successful at this level.

Lampard and Gerrard have done nothing in England and only get mentioned due to their player profiles so a massive no for me

That being said though, I will have to support whoever comes in.

Just get it done by next weekend, get rid of everyone that wants out and start the rebuild 

1 minute ago, Buzzell said:

It was bad enough seeing Gerrard’s name pop up in here. But now seeing Lampard’s name here makes me really worry. 

I've not seen Lampard be linked with us

**should just add I don't want Lampard as our new boss. I realise I forgot to call him profusely rancid in my original post, don't want to mislead anybody 

Edited by Stinky
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I've not seen Lampard be linked with us

**should just add I don't want Lampard as our new boss. I realise I forgot to call him profusely rancid in my original post, don't want to mislead anybody 

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

There haven’t been any credible links with either.

Good. Let’s hope it stays that way lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stinky said:

Why? As in they wouldn't go down that path or that their players would turn us down?

Why would players from Liverpool or Chelsea want to ruin their career by being managed by Gerrard or Lampard? What would their clubs get from allowing it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

Lampard managed to get some of the youth from Chelsea whilst he was at derby though, so why wouldn’t he be able to do it again?

It was ages ago and he’s been since been found out, three times.

why would Chelsea risk ruining the career of some of their younger players.

Edited by hackneyfox

Potter would be the dream option (I'm not an imaginative person).

From the more realistic options, Benitez has to be the outstanding choice - a manager who can stamp a little discipline and structure into our lazy rabble.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would players from Liverpool or Chelsea want to ruin their career by being managed by Gerrard or Lampard? What would their clubs get from allowing it?

You really think players see it the same way that you do through your tinted specs? lol young lad who's Chelsea through and through and adored Lampard growing up gets offered the chance to be managed by him for a season, thinks nah he stunk the room out at Everton. Your head is in the sand. 

Hmm, why would Chelsea allow their kids to go on loan and play under the manager they just hired to see out their season? Bloody hell 

1 hour ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Hopefully mentions of Gerrard and Lampard are their agents running their names up the flagpole to see who salutes, which is hopefully no one.

I'd rather they keep Smith. At least he has somewhat of a track record managing - unlike these two.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, shen said:

Can we finally put this argument to rest? 

Rodgers won the FA Cup, an achievement that should rank very high in our history. 

MON, arguably our most successful manager prior to 2016, went from us to this "pub league", which in itself speaks volumes.

They have won European trophies which we haven't come close to doing in our entire history.

Can you take much from a manager winning the league with Celtic? Maybe not, but you also cannot just dismiss it because you don't rate the competition.

By the same virtue, it makes the dominating teams of the Bundesliga, La Liga and Ligue 1 look like they're playing in pub leagues.

Rodgers and O'Neill were already decent managers. 

Rodgers used Celtic to springboard  back to the big time.. with???

There are more teams in La Liga  and Ligue Un plus they are all better than Scottish teams outside of Rangers and Celtic.

Just because Real Barca and PSG are dominant doesn't mean the rest are pub league.

In SPL there are fewer teams and Rangers and Celtic get to play these pub league standard teams 4 times.

Btw, you wanna put this argument to rest?

How's about don't bring it up?

:teehee: