Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

47 minutes ago, ramaiya2 said:

What's the delay?

Big Sam & Rafa B are available. Get Nigel P if possible, or Cambiasso with Kasper as a coach

I know people want Potter but maybe he doesn't want to come. Don't waste anymore time, Either keep Dean Smith or use the options above.

Great post. Love that Kasper should come as a coach but only if it's with Cambiasso in charge.

Don't waste any more time Top, either keep Dean Smith or get in one of the other 4/5 choices we've got here.

Hopefully we hear something re: Potter today. Think the Celtic job would be attractive for him, as well as Palace - if we want him, we need to move fast and get an attractive offer in. We should move quickly anyway, as if/when he turns us down, we'll need to get secondary targets interviewed. 

• Like 2

Really though I hope those who laugh Gerrard/Lampard out of the room don't want to entertain the idea of Cambiasso as manager. He is literally the other two minus the managerial experience, not to mention the probable language barrier.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Really though I hope those who laugh Gerrard/Lampard out of the room don't want to entertain the idea of Cambiasso as manager. He is literally the other two minus the managerial experience, not to mention the probable language barrier.

He hasn’t proved that he is a poor manager, the others have

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

He hasn’t proved that he is a poor manager, the others have

So at a fairly important time in our history, we should be looking to appoint some foreign bloke with no managerial experience to oversee our rebuild based on nothing but his playing reputation and/or the fact he spent a season here?

• Like 3

OWP: So, Steve. What are your thoughts about being the new Leicester manager?

SG: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…….. course happy la’.

Edited by Pliskin
  • Haha 4

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just to be clear, the sole source for all the Gerrard rumours was a story in the Sun. All the other media reports have just quoted the Sun story. So just one source, and a highly dubious one at that. 

I find it interesting that no bookies seem to be running a book on our next manager on their main sites despite offering odds on the next West Ham, Palace and Leeds managers. I’m not sure why this is. Yesterday a lot of people got into a panic because Gerrard was favourite on the Betfair Exchange (where punters bet directly against each other). However his odds have drifted significantly this morning and Potter is now favourite again. Unfortunately I don’t think this means Potter is about to join - it just likely means nobody has a clue.

I wouldn't pay any attention to that market, there's no liquidity at all in the market. from my contacts at the bookies, reason there is no odds currently is basically the bookies have no appetite for the risk of this market. Really hard to price it up currently and a big risk people will have genuine info and clear them out. There was a few bookies that had a market previously and one fella I know took 40's on Potter when he was still at Chelsea, so guessing the market history has something to do with it as well

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...you appear to be advocating for him,  even though you stated that you were not looking for us to bring him in, but would rather we chose Carrick!!!

Waiting 3 years in this league will set us back so far, we might as well give up on expansion and development around the ground. We are not looking to standstill we need to go back up straight away. The amount of revenue we would be missing out of, will be a few hundred million pounds, the staff at the ground is then reduced even further, parachute payments drop to 25% by year three, we cannot afford to take that risk.

I wouldn’t say advocating is the right word, I just don’t get all the doom and gloom posting that goes on here. I wouldn’t be angry at Gerrard but carrick would definitely be my number one choice if I was making the decisions. I don’t see how that’s hard to understand from my posts?😂

I get that being in the championship would not be great for us financially. If we bring in a higher calibre manager, which I don’t think we will be able to do, on a big salary and don’t get promoted the fans will call for him to be sacked and the mood around the club will be terrible (not that it isn’t already) and we will still be in the championship much worse off next season.

12 minutes ago, Stinky said:

So at a fairly important time in our history, we should be looking to appoint some foreign bloke with no managerial experience to oversee our rebuild based on nothing but his playing reputation and/or the fact he spent a season here?

Sounds like the exact sort of appointment we are capable of atm 

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We must hear something about potter today? a member of his coaching team has been spotted at Seagrave. 

IMG_4758.jpeg

I thought Hagrid was usually on Coach One.

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

Hopefully we hear something re: Potter today. Think the Celtic job would be attractive for him, as well as Palace - if we want him, we need to move fast and get an attractive offer in. We should move quickly anyway, as if/when he turns us down, we'll need to get secondary targets interviewed. 

Celtic could be attractive to rebuild his reputation, play in the UCL and win loads of trophies but they can't/won't pay anything close to what he'd get with us. 

Palace on the other hand.... 

Apparently Potter is the first choice, they are hoping he will fancy the challenge of a rebuild both of the team and his career. They are interested in Pearson and the link to Gerrard has some truth in it.

Apparently 5000 season tickets renewed so far , early days though. Some of the big sponsors are allowed to end their agreement due to relegation so need to shift players out asap.

Vardy is on 150k , now reduced to 100k 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Apparently Potter is the first choice, they are hoping he will fancy the challenge of a rebuild both of the team and his career. They are interested in Pearson and the link to Gerrard has some truth in it.

Apparently 5000 season tickets renewed so far , early days though. Some of the big sponsors are allowed to end their agreement due to relegation so need to shift players out asap.

New shirt sponsor next season? 

25 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

I wouldn't pay any attention to that market, there's no liquidity at all in the market. from my contacts at the bookies, reason there is no odds currently is basically the bookies have no appetite for the risk of this market. Really hard to price it up currently and a big risk people will have genuine info and clear them out. There was a few bookies that had a market previously and one fella I know took 40's on Potter when he was still at Chelsea, so guessing the market history has something to do with it as well

That all makes sense. I’m just curious why the market for our next manager is inherently more risky than the markets for other teams’ managers…

53 minutes ago, Stinky said:

But the other two had the experience and were proven to be crap. Cambiasso was a serial winner on the world stage, would command more respect and we previously witnessed his influence at Leicester. Might not be many people's first choice but a better risk than two proven failures surely?

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

OWP: So, Steve. What are your thoughts about being the new Leicester manager?

SG: EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE…….. course happy la’.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE fell over 🤣

27 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

...nobody else is looking to appoint Gerrard and we are looking to do so, unbelievable!!!