Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But the other two had the experience and were proven to be crap. Cambiasso was a serial winner on the world stage, would command more respect and we previously witnessed his influence at Leicester. Might not be many people's first choice but a better risk than two proven failures surely?

Lampard, and to a lesser extent Gerrard were winners on the world stage. Would they not command respect? That's such a weird argument. Is Russell Martin gonna walk into the Southampton dressing room and the players not listen to him because he only used to play for Norwich? I mean Gerrard has had maybe 3 or 4 years in management so he's still fairly young and new to it all, he's done pretty well bar one year and suddenly he shouldn't be employed ever again. It's odd. 

• Like 1

I think Potter's going to wait until after the conference final on Wednesday to make a decision. If West Ham lose that, Moyes will probably get the sack, opening up a good job opportunity for Potter. If that happens we'll get Gerrard or keep Smith. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, whetstonefox said:

Apparently Potter is the first choice, they are hoping he will fancy the challenge of a rebuild both of the team and his career. They are interested in Pearson and the link to Gerrard has some truth in it.

Apparently 5000 season tickets renewed so far , early days though. Some of the big sponsors are allowed to end their agreement due to relegation so need to shift players out asap.

Vardy is on 150k , now reduced to 100k 

Pearson 

gerrimin 

:pearson:

• Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

But the other two had the experience and were proven to be crap. Cambiasso was a serial winner on the world stage, would command more respect and we previously witnessed his influence at Leicester. Might not be many people's first choice but a better risk than two proven failures surely?

Lampard has shown that he isn't good enough to be a premier league manager currently, yes. But what about his time at Derby, in the championship, the league we are now in? 

He also had good cup runs, in both the FA cup and carabao whilst at derby.

Cambiasso has made a few nice posts about leicester on instagram though, so certainly more qualified :appl:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

Apparently Potter is the first choice, they are hoping he will fancy the challenge of a rebuild both of the team and his career. They are interested in Pearson and the link to Gerrard has some truth in it.

Apparently 5000 season tickets renewed so far , early days though. Some of the big sponsors are allowed to end their agreement due to relegation so need to shift players out asap.

Are you a new itk?

I thought Vardy had taken a pay cut when he renewed.

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

That all makes sense. I’m just curious why the market for our next manager is inherently more risky than the markets for other teams’ managers…

think it's a combination of a few things, less interest from punters, less rumours, nowhere to really lay it off and previous history of the market. the fact that there's been only £22k matched on Betfair as well since March 27th shows there ain't much demand

Guest lcfc80
1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

season tickets on direct debit auto renewed though didn't they?

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

So at a fairly important time in our history, we should be looking to appoint some foreign bloke with no managerial experience to oversee our rebuild based on nothing but his playing reputation and/or the fact he spent a season here?

Nope.

Not sure how you’ve made that logic jump? 

I merely stated the difference between not knowing someone’s abilities, against proven failures

9 minutes ago, lcfc80 said:

season tickets on direct debit auto renewed though didn't they?

Yeah, so I presume that unless you've either cancelled already or opted pay in full (not DD), no existing direct debit renewals will become active until the cut date has passed. 

1 hour ago, sm1 said:

I think Potter's going to wait until after the conference final on Wednesday to make a decision. If West Ham lose that, Moyes will probably get the sack, opening up a good job opportunity for Potter. If that happens we'll get Gerrard or keep Smith. 

would moyes cone here

4 minutes ago, Fridgechef said:

would moyes cone here

No, because there is no way West Ham will sack him, with or without winning the Conf League. I wouldn't mind Moyes, but not a chance.

With Postecoglou off to Spurs, I think Potter will go for the Celtic job, (unfortunately).

I guess that leaves us with Gerrard or Smith. :(

• Haha 1

I’m not sure Potter will fancy Celtic. He needs to rebuild his reputation to a certain degree and at Celtic he’ll be expected to just carry on winning. I’m not sure it’s an appealing job.

• Like 2

Burnley didn’t appoint Kompany until 14th of June last year. 

We didn’t appoint big Nigel in league 1 until 20th June.

I hope it’s done sooner than that but not panic stations quite yet. 
managers could’ve quite easily been away last week or away on holiday now due to the end of the season.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

Nope.

Not sure how you’ve made that logic jump? 

I merely stated the difference between not knowing someone’s abilities, against proven failures

I'm merely stating we're probably not in a situation where we can risk giving some bloke his first shot at management based off his playing career

• Haha 1