Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

10 minutes ago, Ricey said:

I’m not sure Potter will fancy Celtic. He needs to rebuild his reputation to a certain degree and at Celtic he’ll be expected to just carry on winning. I’m not sure it’s an appealing job.

Sky linked Rodgers and Marsch with that job

First choice for me is definitely Potter, he has experience of winning things and gaining promotion (albeit in a different league/country). I feel he'd be a good fit.

Failing that Id love Pearson Back, but not sure he would come. He knows how to build a squad of hungry players.

3rd choice Id stick with Smith... definitely over the likes of Gerard, Marsch, Lampard.

Rafa doesn't excite me at all.

Whats Chris Hughton doing these days?

Edited by jimmer
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jimmer said:

First choice for me is definitely Potter, he has experience of winning things and gaining promotion (albeit in a different league/country). I feel he'd be a good fit.

Failing that Id love Pearson Back, but not sure he would come. He knows how to build a squad of hungry players.

3rd choice Id stick with Smith... definitely over the likes of Gerard, Marsch, Lampard.

Whats Chris Hughton doing these days?

Not managing. Let’s keep it that way. 

• Like 3

Problem with Potter is that he could be interested/the right choice - but won't he want to want to wait it out and see what PL opportunities appear during the season? 

We need a manager in post in the next week or so! The season kicks off in 60 days and we've got to have about 30 total ingoing and outgoings!

34 minutes ago, teblin said:

Burnley didn’t appoint Kompany until 14th of June last year. 

We didn’t appoint big Nigel in league 1 until 20th June.

I hope it’s done sooner than that but not panic stations quite yet. 
managers could’ve quite easily been away last week or away on holiday now due to the end of the season.

My biggest concern, the longer it’s left is the number of players who are leavening and need replacements for.

We are potentially looking at half the squad out the door, and we need someone in quick, who can work out who is staying, who is going and what position we need to invest in, all this before the best available replacements at this level are snapped up by our rivals.

This needs to be sorted by the end of this week really

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Whats Chris Houghton doing these days?

16 minutes ago, jimmer said:

Whats Chris Houghton doing these days?

Hughton is Ghana's new head coach, so I've just read and as the other poster said too. I wouldn't have really wanted him anyway, even if available - very much another managerial-merry-go-round participant who flatters to deceive in this country, even though his did well at Brighton before the Potter era. Talking of which, Potter would be my first choice now too if Smith wasn't offered the gig. The fact that Smith and Shakey haven't already been offered to stay on here for next season makes you think they might not be offered it but I suppose there's a lot for Top to weigh up going forward, logistically, financially, etc. now that we're in the Championship.

Edited by Guy

7 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Problem with Potter is that he could be interested/the right choice - but won't he want to want to wait it out and see what PL opportunities appear during the season? 

We need a manager in post in the next week or so! The season kicks off in 60 days and we've got to have about 30 total ingoing and outgoings!

And if he does that, then he doesnt want it enough for me. I want someone in that doesnt want to jump ship at the earliest possible sniff of a bigger club.

Difficult I know in this day and age...

2 minutes ago, Guy said:

Hughton is Ghana's new head coach, so I've just read and as the other poster said too. Wouldn't have really wanted him anyway, even if available - very much another managerial-merry-go-round participant who flatters to deceive in this country, even though his did well at Brighton before the Potter era. Talking of which, Potter would be my first choice now too if Smith wasn't offered the gig. The fact that Smith and Shakey haven't already been offered to stay on here for next season makes you think they might not be offered it but I suppose there's a lot for Top to weigh up going forward, logitically, financially, etc. now that we're in the Championship.

I also didn't realise he'd just taken that job... but he built a good team with Brighton and got them promoted. Would prefer him over 80% of names mentioned so far.

There's an awful lot to process and navigate. Yes we want someone in the prepare asap, but this isnt something we should rush IMO.

• Like 1

Today´s Austrian Coach suggestion - Gerhard Struber.   Been associated with Red Bull Football Inc for years. Managed Barnsley for a short time a few years ago. 

23 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

If he comes to us he has the opportunity to join a club at the start of a complete rebuild, if he joins a strugglong PL clun halfway through the season he has someone else's players, many may have been recently signed, and at best the January transfer window.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Problem is, any club sacking their manager midway through the season are likely to be in a relegation scrap or badly underperforming. Is he going to want to go into another shitshow? At least here, he would have the summer to build something.

Just now, LestaLad said:

The fact we’ve not tweeted in 6 days and the last post was the statement from Top, must surely mean the next tweet they put out is some kind of announcement.. surely.. right?

I think it just means that they think we'll forget what's happened if they don't mention anything for one or two weeks. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LestaLad said:

The fact we’ve not tweeted in 6 days and the last post was the statement from Top, must surely mean the next tweet they put out is some kind of announcement.. surely.. right?

The next post will most likely be a video wih the caption "Check out the action from the last time we played in the Championship!"

• Haha 1

Just now, Craig said:

I think it just means that they think we'll forget what's happened if they don't mention anything for one or two weeks. 

True.. They’ll just post training pics with Smith & Co still in charge and act like nothings changed

• Haha 1