Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

6 minutes ago, LestaLad said:

The fact we’ve not tweeted in 6 days and the last post was the statement from Top, must surely mean the next tweet they put out is some kind of announcement.. surely.. right?

Could just mean they're sulking like the Forest account when they failed to make the play offs a few years ago lol

19 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hughton? Lol. He’s absolutely finished, look at the state of forest when he left. 

Probably why he's not been hired by anybody here since! 

23 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Hughton? Lol. He’s absolutely finished, look at the state of forest when he left. 

That's the reason why I wouldn't want him anywhere near us but it really is crazy what one job can do for someone's reputation. I remember seeing Forest appoint Hughton and thinking that he may be the man to eventually get them up.  

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

Lampard has shown that he isn't good enough to be a premier league manager currently, yes. But what about his time at Derby, in the championship, the league we are now in? 

He also had good cup runs, in both the FA cup and carabao whilst at derby.

Cambiasso has made a few nice posts about leicester on instagram though, so certainly more qualified :appl:

A few Derby fans might contend that with what he'd got that particular year, he should have done better. Compare how he did compared to Rooney and who he had and also had to contend with, despite relegation, I know which one I'd sooner have in the Championship!

Cambiasso has more gravitas and almost an aura around him. Lampard and Gerrard were undoubtedly quality players, both of whom I used to enjoy watching but, neither for me personally,  as players, come close to one of the most decorated players in the game. My only doubt about Cambiasso would be whether he'd be able to force his demanding standards upon some of today's flakey young players. Sometimes some such managers expect others to be as good and committed as they were.

As for your comment about Cambiasso's being less qualified, you must surely know that the Championship and even the Premiership has been littered with successful managers who had never previously experienced our leagues as player or manager. Pep, Klopp and Frank aren't too shabby. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

Van Nistelrooy

but we're probably too shit now for him to consider us

Probably the most comparable to Kompany in terms of status and current position. Legendary player who managed a big club in a "lesser" league before moving to a newly relegated team. 

• Like 1

Just now, Spudulike said:

Not heard much talk about Nuno. Quick search shows him managing in Saudi. Has to be better than some of the other potential candidates and knows the league. Worth a shout? 

Not for me. He got out of the Championship with a team that was way too good for the Championship and with that weird agent/club deal they had that brought Moutinho/Neves etc over to the club.

We need someone who can mould the squad and impose themselves on the team to play how they want them to. First season down we're a big fish in a small pond but only for a year until we're just one of the other big boys down there again.

I think a few potential managers, including Potter are keen their options open with what's going on at Celtic. Don't think we'll appoint anyone until that's sorted.

Unless we put both feet in and sign Stevie G of course ☹️

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Just been mulling over Cambiasso coming in and I've got the dream team.

He played under Paulo Bento at Olympiakos. He's available, they come ina d a pair, either Esteban as his number 2 or vice versa.

Claudio managed him at Inter :ph34r:

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gravel said:

I think a few potential managers, including Potter are keen their options open with what's going on at Celtic. Don't think we'll appoint anyone until that's sorted.

Unless we put both feet in and sign Stevie G of course ☹️

A Celtic fan told me yesterday they’re considering getting Rodgers back if their manager leaves. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Claudio managed him at Inter :ph34r:

Esteban doesn’t get on with Claudio. It’s one of the main reasons he didn’t extend his stay. A few years ago he was very critical of Claudio and I think even said he was one of the worst managers he played under. So I doubt that would happen. 

Edited by Pliskin

14 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

A few Derby fans might contend that with what he'd got that particular year, he should have done better. Compare how he did compared to Rooney and who he had and also had to contend with, despite relegation, I know which one I'd sooner have in the Championship!

Cambiasso has more gravitas and almost an aura around him. Lampard and Gerrard were undoubtedly quality players, both of whom I used to enjoy watching but, neither for me personally,  as players, come close to one of the most decorated players in the game. My only doubt about Cambiasso would be whether he'd be able to force his demanding standards upon some of today's flakey young players. Sometimes some such managers expect others to be as good and committed as they were.

Better than reaching the play off finals and beating a couple of premier league teams in good cup runs? I don't think you will find a single derby supporter who wasn't happy with the way that season went.

Doesn't really matter how good of a player Cambiasso was, his only managerial experience is as an assistant manager at Colombia. If he hadn't played for us and he was actually rumoured to be coming here, the entire fanbase would be in uproar.

2 hours ago, StinckleyFox said:

Lampard has shown that he isn't good enough to be a premier league manager currently, yes. But what about his time at Derby, in the championship, the league we are now in? 

He also had good cup runs, in both the FA cup and carabao whilst at derby.

Cambiasso has made a few nice posts about leicester on instagram though, so certainly more qualified :appl:

Can we get Rooney?

• Haha 1