Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

And this proves my point. If we were getting Potter, we'll see rumours like this. We've had not a lot. 

I think everyone is given our board more credit than they deserve! 

Equally you may just be looking for more things to moan at? 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Equally you may just be looking for more things to moan at? 

Haha. Could be. I'm not usually this much of moaner in real life. Just don't trust Rudkin. 

Maybe I'm reaching grumpy old man age

I'm also not saying that we haven't gone after Potter, I just think he'll turn us down for a palace type of team

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

And this proves my point. If we were getting Potter, we'll see rumours like this. We've had not a lot. 

I think everyone is given our board more credit than they deserve! 

Swansea are apparently going to take Southampton to court if they do this - the leaks could be from Martin’s camp because he’s not too happy that this is being done. Given that Martin is still Swansea coach I imagine it’s easier for stuff to drip out so could have come out there - people asking hm directly what’s going on - not everyone can bluff well. 

potter is in a different position because it’s his money and not Chelsea’s. so not in anyone’s interest to leak anything. Potter isn’t working at Chelsea at the moment. If it’s potentially happening, it could be kept v quiet.  (And links to other coaches also helps any future case that Chelsea might be thinking about). 

• Like 1

Big Ange to Spurs

Moyes to Celtic 

Rodgers to West Ham....

Potter to LCFC?? Please Rudkin get this done and don't end up appointing Steve Bruce or Tony Mowbray at the end of July.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Might be worth waiting another week or so as the pool of potential managers increases. 

...if Postecoglou has actually gone to Spurs then that is a great validation for him!!!

I would have loved to see him here, the thought that Gerrard and Smith are as far as we are looking, shows how limited we are, even with this chance to rebuild this club. It is bad enough to have Smith in charge but it will be 10 times worse if Gerrard is to be the man at the helm.

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Big Ange to Spurs

Moyes to Celtic 

Rodgers to West Ham....

Potter to LCFC?? Please Rudkin get this done and don't end up appointing Steve Bruce or Tony Mowbray at the end of July.

if WHU lose the final on wednesday i wouldnt be shocked if that happened

13 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Big Ange to Spurs

Moyes to Celtic 

Rodgers to West Ham....

Harsh lumping Mowbray in with Bruce

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Guy said:

Hughton is Ghana's new head coach, so I've just read and as the other poster said too. I wouldn't have really wanted him anyway, even if available - very much another managerial-merry-go-round participant who flatters to deceive in this country, even though his did well at Brighton before the Potter era. Talking of which, Potter would be my first choice now too if Smith wasn't offered the gig. The fact that Smith and Shakey haven't already been offered to stay on here for next season makes you think they might not be offered it but I suppose there's a lot for Top to weigh up going forward, logistically, financially, etc. now that we're in the Championship.

...I think a more relevant point is that we have not cut them loose as yet!!!

That is where the problem lies, we are looking for the easy option, and we are not fixing or addressing anything.

1 hour ago, Horibbly Wrong said:

We are not officially a Championship club until the Evrrton FFP decision is made (August 7th)

We are unfortunately a Championship club and will remain so even if the decision on Everton is damning.

If it is, however, we should sue them for lost revenue (thanks to relegation AND the 4 points they took off us last season keeping us out of Europe), and the cost of having to quite literally weaken our squad, for at least £500m.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Big Ange to Spurs

Moyes to Celtic 

Rodgers to West Ham....

Kevin Muscat will be raging!

32 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Both old has beens that haven't really achieved much as managers. 

I don't want Steve Bruce (I actually think we could do far worse than Mowbray) and I appreciate he's become a meme but he's got numerous promotions from the second to the first tier and got Hull to a cup final. He's had a good career all told.

• Like 2

Ridiculously I'm coming around to the idea of Stevie G. Links to Liverpool may help us get players off of the loan market....

Also probably still a name that can be a draw for some players on the free transfer market as we need to be savvy with money...

11 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I don't want Steve Bruce (I actually think we could do far worse than Mowbray) and I appreciate he's become a meme but he's got numerous promotions from the second to the first tier and got Hull to a cup final. He's had a good career all told.

I've only read most of your post but you can't seriously be saying Steve Bruce is your number 1 choice for our new manager??????

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Ridiculously I'm coming around to the idea of Stevie G. Links to Liverpool may help us get players off of the loan market....

Also probably still a name that can be a draw for some players on the free transfer market as we need to be savvy with money...

Run.

14 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

As soon as you take those Liverpool players out of that environment, they’re crap. Probably because they’re weaning off the steroids. The only teams you want to borrow players from these days are Man City and Arsenal. 

22 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

He can have all the links he wants, fact is he is a dogshit football manager, with dogshit tactics and and absolutely unfathomable dour style, a poundland Brendan at best. 

I will call it now if this club appoint Gerrard they will be in league 1 before the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Tazfox said:

Yeah very ridiculous. He's as bad as Lampard. how on earth anyone could think he would be good for our club is beyond all reasoning.