Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Isn't Enzo Maresca actually about as useful as tits on a bull based on his record?

Yup....he couldn't get Parma promoted from Serie B even through he had a talented group of players so the board sacked him......and he went back to Man city.

Maybe he's learning under Pep now 

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Can we put an end to the Potter links now? Not even mentioned in the article.

Might as well put an end to next season and the one after that whilst we're at it if that list is the sum total of the Board's ambitions!

7 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Because it would take a modicum of imagination and competency to even look towards them.

If that's the options, give me Maresca and hope he has the Pep philosophy that's served alot of his colleagues well.

Worst case if he’s shit he’ll looking cracking and stylish on the side line.

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I don't want him no, again I haven't alluded to wanting him though. Just stating calling him a has been probably means you don't actually watch football outside of the Prem

I don't watch any football outside of the prem. He hasn't exactly had an amazing career. He's done a decent job at championship level, nothing more. 

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Kompany also ballsed it up at Anderlecht before his spell at Burnley. The Man City protégés know how to setup a team and play modern football, in complete contrast to Parker / Gerrard. 

And, to be fair, Parma didn't get promoted this season either. It's not as if they had a miraculous Villa-esque turnaround once they'd sacked him. 

• Thanks 1

It’s not as bad of a list as I thought to be fair.

Gerrard can get in the bin but people have been going on about McKenna on here for a few weeks now.

I don’t know anything about the Man City guy.

Parker uninspiring but has a couple of promotions.

Smith again, uninspiring but proven at promotion.

Some of these may be sensible even if boring. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quorndon_Fox said:

Worst case if he’s shit he’ll looking cracking and stylish on the side line.

Will he get his own answer to a piri-piri pie?

A mascarpone muffin?

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

I don't watch any football outside of the prem. He hasn't exactly had an amazing career. He's done a decent job at championship level, nothing more. 

Funny that, we could do with someone who'd do a decent job at championship level.

31 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Dean Smith and Enzo Maresca under consideration as per John Percy … FFS

They need to forget Maresca. It would be stupid being delayed until after the European Cup Final to approach him. Also it feels a bit like the mistake that we made before of going for Sousa and his pretty football in The Championship. Not sure this is the path we need. 

9 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

So he's not had a great career and apparently that makes him a has been? Surely to be a has been you have to be pretty good at one point.