Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

https://www.mancity.com/features/enzo-maresca/

Pretty interesting.

"The 42-year-old Italian spent a memorable season as lead coach of our Elite Development Squad in 2020-21, guiding the City youngsters to a first-ever Premier League 2 title before subsequently taking up a new challenge as manager of Parma."

He went on to play for Juventus:

"Juventus gives you a winning mentality, absolutely. I always say that when I joined I was very young but when I left Juventus I had a completely different mentality about winning a game"

If you're wondering why his name sounds familiar, he used to play for West Brom, in the Championship no less.

It also seems like he's being linked with Celtic.

After the debacle of this season, we need to create a new identity. This guy worked with literally the best youngsters in the country... almost as if he'd be a good fit for our ridiculously overpriced training academy...

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2

That list doesn't make for great reading, does it? Oh dear. I guess the Potter links are dead in the water then, although that was always wishful thinking on our part I guess.

I wish Smith nothing but the best for his next job, but he's not the right choice now. We need a hard reset.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

We really do have the narrowest set of search criteria in football.

They probably get references from Paul Merson and Harry Redknapp.

Is a sign of a poor director of football who is way out his depth leading the search

Dnjdksaissodkworjcnwowodja (in English, my head hitting the keyboard)

Edited by fox_favourite

2 hours ago, Tazfox said:

Ridiculously I'm coming around to the idea of Stevie G. Links to Liverpool may help us get players off of the loan market....

Also probably still a name that can be a draw for some players on the free transfer market as we need to be savvy with money...

...you have to stop thinking along those lines, he isn't good enough and let us forget about his contacts!!!

12 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Omg are you honestly saying Tony Mowbray is your number 1 hot favourite first choice for the job!??!!?!!

Only person above him in the pecking order for me, is Gerrard :ph34r: what are your thoughts on Gerrard? lol

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

We've got to hope a half decent manager applies for it that we get bowled over by, like we have in the past.

Diego Martinez I'd be surprised if he didn't apply, he's desperate to work in England.

He's the Tete of managers Ric. Most recent job was for Espanyol who just got relegated. Also plays dire football, it's pure counter-attack.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He's the Tete of managers Ric. Most recent job was for Espanyol who just got relegated. Also plays dire football, it's pure counter-attack.

He was immense at Granada. I like counter attacking football to be honest 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Out of that list.

• I know nothing really about Maresca but has worked with pep etc... Massive risk.
  • Mckenna I think is a good shout
  • Parker is meh, short term to get us up maybe but has been poor in the top flight
  • Gerrard No, But in the same vain, people Maresca failed somewhere but gets another chance Maybe Gerrard needs that chance but not here.
  • Smith, Think I would prefer him to Gerrard and Parker but not very inspiring, but neither was the Nigel Pearson Appointment.

• Like 1

We'll end up with Smith at this rate. Though would prefer that to Gerrard and Parker. 

McKenna is the one that of interest to me. That is the sort of person I'd like. Ipswich played some good football. Can't see he'll switch though. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He was immense at Granada. I like counter attacking football to be honest 😂

Counter Attack saw our greatest ever hour, but you're not going to be able to counter attack your way out of the Championship when you are THE big draw that everyone wants to beat in the division. There will be so many games of two banks of 4 and a deep block to navigate this season.

Whoever we appoint, they need to be good at opening up a low block.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4