Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/article/kieran-mckenna-at-ipswich-town-202223-tactical-analysis-tactics

Kiernan McKenna's tactics at Ipswich, a mate of mine who is a Tractor Boys supporter rates him pretty highly. Bit of a step up 

This guy was an assistant at Man utd under Solskjaer, basically what Maresca is now, promoted to the first team by Mourinho. He has won promotion, an he'd be going from a championship team to another championship team, I don't think it's much of a step up. If we kept Smith an Ipswich keep Mc Kenna, I wouldn't be shocked if Ipswich finished above us.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Thanks 1

McKenna is the standout of those five in that he’s the only one I’d feel fairly positive about and is on the way up rather than simply unemployed which seems to be our criteria in manager searches. 

I’d have Parker over Smith or Gerrard but appreciate I’m probably in the minority there. I have absolutely no clue about Enzo Maresca apart from the fact he was dynamite the season Boro reached the UEFA cup final. At least he’d represent us thinking vaguely outside the box?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Really worrying times. Still no inclination to learn lessons, think even a tiny bit outside the box or bring any fresh thinking into the club.

In fairness, Maresca might not be the worst idea ever. He works in perhaps the best academy in the world right now, works under Pep who seems to spawn quality managers and could get us decent loans in the short term and could actually develop Seagrave in the long term. 

6 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

This guy was an assistant at Man utd under Solskjaer, basically what Maresca is now, promoted to the first team by Mourinho. He has won promotion, an he'd be going from a championship team to another championship team, I don't think it's much of a step up. If we kept Smith an Ipswich keep Mc Kenna, I wouldn't be shocked if Ipswich finished above us.

Also under Jose .

skysports-kieran-mckenna-jose-mourinho_4392675.jpg

This is the board that masterminded one of the worst relegations in top flight history. Don't know why people are expecting an inspiring appointment or any sort of strategy from these clowns.

It'll be Smith on a 3 year deal after they've wasted weeks fannying around.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'm not as against Smith as some on hear appear to be did an OK job with a squad in which half of them couldn't be bothered

If everything was rosey behind the scenes he would have been appointed manager. Speaks volumes that other promotion candidates are without a manager and they are not linked to him and Leicester are not concerned he might get offered another vacancy.  

Seems a strange one that Percy has the complete shortlist, so would be happy with Maresca or McKenna as both would be progressive appointments. Parker and Farke would be decent for the championship but i would have concerns should we get promoted. Gerrard is a bit of a Hail Mary, if he has learnt lessons then could still be a great appointment but I do have worries he is another Lampard. 

Smith is a real meh appointment for me, didn’t really set the world alight in his 8 games and doesn’t inspire me, for me we need someone who will come in and really raise the whole mood of the club, Smith doesn’t do that for me. 

34 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Funny that, we could do with someone who'd do a decent job at championship level.

Yeh if we want to be a decent championship team. That's not what we want. We want someone to rebuild us and take us back to challenging in the top half of the prem. We want someone young and hungry who we can hopefully keep for a few years. You really think someone like Mowbray would get us straight back up and then keep us in the prem and build us up? I don't. 

22 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Is a sign of a poor director of football who is way out his depth leading the search

Dnjdksaissodkworjcnwowodja (in English, my head hitting the keyboard)

Thanks for clarifying, I was about to say, it’s spelled ‘Aivawatt Srivaddhanaprabha’, and he’s the chairman, not DoF. 😂

• Haha 1