Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

26 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

So he's not had a great career and apparently that makes him a has been? Surely to be a has been you have to be pretty good at one point.

I think you've taken my original post far too literally. I was making the point I would like us to get someone like Potter who is young and could rebuild us. I literally named 2 random older managers to point out what I wouldn't like to see as our next manager. 

2 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Yeh if we want to be a decent championship team. That's not what we want. We want someone to rebuild us and take us back to challenging in the top half of the prem. We want someone young and hungry who we can hopefully keep for a few years. You really think someone like Mowbray would get us straight back up and then keep us in the prem and build us up? I don't. 

If, and it's a big if, Maresca is another from the worked-with-Pep procession of top managers like Kompany, Xavi, Vilanova and Arteta, he could be an exciting appointment.

His spell at Parma is a black mark, but so too was Kompany's spell at Anderlecht. 

• Like 1

This is the kind of pond we're fishing in now. Pretty depressing - and what makes it worse is it's totally self inflicted!

I don't really want Smith to carry on, and out of that list it'd be McKenna and Maresca for me, in that order. As a few others have said, at least appointing one of those would hint at a bit of a change of direction and the desire to build a new identity.

10 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Can we all just be happy Lampard is not on the list .

I'd be happier if Gerrard wasn't on the list either absolute charlatan 🤡. Achieved less than Lampard in the English game, at least Lampard plays mildly attacking football and got Derby to the playoffs. 

19 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

This guy was an assistant at Man utd under Solskjaer, basically what Maresca is now, promoted to the first team by Mourinho. He has won promotion, an he'd be going from a championship team to another championship team, I don't think it's much of a step up. If we kept Smith an Ipswich keep Mc Kenna, I wouldn't be shocked if Ipswich finished above us.

That is interesting to know! That's a pretty good CV... I'd on board for someone like him. I think it's paramount we bring in someone who has a clear idea of how we want to play, with a modern style. Our strengths are our academy and good young players, even though a lot will be sold. Relegation is horrible, but if we were smart we could use it to blood lots of players and nail down a new style of play. We'll get away with a lot more in the Championship than if we tried to do the same and we had stayed up.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is interesting to know! That's a pretty good CV... I'd on board for someone like him. I think it's paramount we bring in someone who has a clear idea of how we want to play, with a modern style. Our strengths are our academy and good young players, even though a lot will be sold. Relegation is horrible, but if we were smart we could use it to blood lots of players and nail down a new style of play. We'll get away with a lot more in the Championship than if we tried to do the same and we had stayed up.

Problem with that is they're all ****ing injured

Read the list, replied on here.

Absorbed it for 10 minutes. 

It's ****ing dire! It's like Rudkin is using chatGPT to ask who a championship level coach is.

It's going to be Smith, rewarded for 2 points against two of the worst PL sides I can remember us facing. 

Shambles FC strikes again and we are only 5 days into June.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah definitely, I  think over the course of the season, its not unreasonable to expect 3 new players at least have a debut while in the championship. We need to use the opportunity to blood players that couldn't be risked in the premiership. We had a 25 man squad and used about 15 of them to any degree last season due to injuries and other players not being selected. I'd like to see a core 7-8 players, play most games but then 3-4 players rotated in/out each game. It helps with group harmony when everyone in the squad thinks they have an actual chance of playing during game days.

Edited by Beachyboy

30 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

I'm not as against Smith as some on hear appear to be did an OK job with a squad in which half of them couldn't be bothered

Did ok?

Could have had  Sam Bailey in and got more points!!!

Let's face it, we will end up with the worse possible choice knowing this current board!

• Like 1