Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, teblin said:

Kieran McKenna Has been here before as a youth coach so will be known to Rudkin and other staff members too. Didn’t know that.

Might be the one.

Not having our manager being younger than me though. It's been depressing enough with the players.

Hopefully it's a well fed smokescreen to the press. Let's hope there's a couple of better options become available in the next week or so.

Smith was always going to be on the initial list but there's some duffers on there I.e. Gerrard & Parker. 

Off that list I'd take Mckenna as he's playing some good stuff at Ispwich. Maresca is the risky pick but I'm not sure about him.

Just now, Silebyfox_89 said:

Hopefully it's a well fed smokescreen to the press. Let's hope there's a couple of better options become available in the next week or so.

Smith was always going to be on the initial list but there's some duffers on there I.e. Gerrard & Parker. 

Off that list I'd take Mckenna as he's playing some good stuff at Ispwich. Maresca is the risky pick but I'm not sure about him.

"They scored 101 goals, lost only four games and prospered with a sophisticated, dominant brand of football virtually alien to the third tier. More experienced heads had failed to reignite Ipswich but McKenna, who turns 37 on Sunday, arrived with a plan in December 2021 and executed it perfectly. It is hard to think of a more exciting young manager working in the country."

Sounds slightly better...

• Like 2

As a man who still unironically listens to landfill indie of the mid 00s and is paralysed by the fear of growing old - seeing a man manage to encapsulate the era in an image has got Miquel bang on board the Enzo Express I'm afraid. Put the Doctor Oetker Pizza Ristorante in the microwave to defrost, we're going Italian baby

Maresca%20sue%C3%B1a.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jesus fing Christ.

This board have literally not heard of the likes of Adi Hutter, Gerardo Seoane and Jaissle have they?

Absolutely clueless. 

If they are gonna continue to p*ss about just announce Smith or Benitez now. Wasting time. 

• Like 1

From a speculation point of view and weighing things up I think that Dean Smith is looking likely! Been in charge for 8 games, seen what and who he likes and doesn’t! Experience of management in the Championship and Premier League. A win and draw percentage that’s steady!

That’s what an employer who has just been mugged off will go for, whether we like it or not it is the bland sensible option that may get us up but won’t see us sink to a second relegation.

What we want is the Burnley rebound from last year but I can’t see Top going for it.

Maresca excited me, but then I read about his stint at Parma (taking over after relegation with big earning "stars") where he was sacked within a few months and I want nothing to do with him. 

I would love to be wrong but he seems like everything we should be trying to avoid right now.

McKenna claims to be inspired by Brendan but that doesn't mean he's egotistical or divisive like him. I'd welcome him now I think.

I don't see how it's in the club's interests to leak a potential shortlist to be honest. As much as I appreciate Percy is normally a reasonably solid source of information, in this instance I'm not sure where he'd have gotten this from or how reliable it would be. 

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

I don't see how it's in the club's interests to leak a potential shortlist to be honest. As much as I appreciate Percy is normally a reasonably solid source of information, in this instance I'm not sure where he'd have gotten this from or how reliable it would be. 

1 minute ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Can only hope that list is a smoke screen for our main target.

Unless this. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Finnegan said:

The optimist in me says that this is to spur a real candidate into action and then go for one of these if the prime canididates don't bite.

Yeah, McKenna and Maresca are the best choices for me from the supposed shortlist. 

The fact we're discussing Maresca suggests there is interest on his side as well, otherwise why leak the name? 

We haven't been the most imaginative with our managerial choices in the King Power era - we've gone for established names (Eriksson, Ranieri, Rodgers), managers of teams that have performed well against us in the previous season (Puel, Pearson and Sousa) or promoted from within (Shakespeare). 

Appointing either McKenna and Maresca are most likely to give the club the reset it needs.

Edited by lcfc_forever

It would be typical of this club over the past few years to go balls in and appoint Potter, only to watch Maresca go to Leeds and turn them into Real Madrid. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Why would McKenna jump ship to another championship side?

Football is not played over just one season, the resources at Leicester are far superior to Ipswich Town, the ceiling is higher. He will want to coach in the premiership, how long will it take Ipswich to manage that, 3 or 4 years at least surely?

Even considering Smith would be absolutely horrible to be honest. For me it might actually be the worst of all the managerial decisions available to us because it would imply so heavily that the board genuinely don't know. That they genuinely do so little research that they can't look beyond their nose. It's giving it to Shakespeare permanently all over again. 

This forum likes to convince itself that everyone that runs the club is moronic and by and large I think it's obviously unfair. But we do have a track record of lacking imagination when it comes to hiring staff and we definitely don't scout for hiring off the field like we scout for hiring on it. 

Smith would justify a lot, a LOT of the criticism from the hysterical segment on here. 

• Like 3