Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I’ve seen about 9 realistic, english experienced  managers named in this thread that would 100% get us promoted. None of them are on that list.

Cross your fingers for mckenna because the rest will be adding fuel to our fire 

29 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

Urgh. We’ll toss around for a fortnight and then appoint Smith. Stowell safe once again. 

He will be anyway. The guy's been here about 20 years, so many clubs keep the backroom teams now to provide continuity. Of all our issues, the GK coach isn't a a major one.

1 minute ago, iancognito said:

He will be anyway. The guy's been here about 20 years, so many clubs keep the backroom teams now to provide continuity. Of all our issues, the GK coach isn't a a major one.

Have you seen our goalkeepers? 

Ward, and to a lesser extent, Iversen, need a shit load of coaching lol

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say McKenna and Maresca are a bit outside the box, I'd expect either to attempt to bring a big change in the way we've gone about our business the last 2 seasons.

Mckenna probably the best on that list but a massive risk. 

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd say McKenna and Maresca are a bit outside the box, I'd expect either to attempt to bring a big change in the way we've gone about our business the last 2 seasons.

Comfortably the standout options from the list unless someone outstanding is being deliberately omitted or applies for it.

McKenna plays the kind of football we built our success on before it went sour and has been here before, and Maresca could turn out to be another Pep product who transforms Seagrave and brings in some cheat codes on loan from Man City.

• Like 2

I think people are underestimating what a good, exciting appointment McKenna would be. 

I know I’ve been incessant about wanting Duff, and I stick by that, but McKenna would be a really good second option.

What we need the most is a manager that is motivated by seeing us as a step up, and although we’re now in the same league as Ipswich, I still think McKenna would see us as that. He got them playing exciting football at Ipswich last season, scoring over 100 goals and finishing second only to a Plymouth side who lost at home once all season and vastly outperformed their expected outputs in almost every metric. They were very unlucky not to win the league and would have done easily in other seasons.

• Like 2

McKenna would be the most “exciting” in that he looks to be a good, young, up and coming manager

Maresca would certainly be outside of the box, club probably hoping his time under Pep has served him well and that he is another Pep alum who could go on to be a good manager, sounds like he is highly rated in that aspect as well

Parker would fit into being experienced at this level with multiple promotions with different teams

Smith would be the easy option for them, been at the club a couple of months already, experience of the league and being promoted

Gerrard would be the “former big player name” appointment, did well at Rangers (but my nan could do well with a big budget in Scotland) but crap at Villa, hopefully the very bottom of the list

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 3

24 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’ve seen about 9 realistic, english experienced  managers named in this thread that would 100% get us promoted. None of them are on that list.

Cross your fingers for mckenna because the rest will be adding fuel to our fire 

Name them.