Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Can see more names being announced tomorrow or by the end of the week. So far each day a different name has been mentioned. Potter, Gerrard and now the other 3.  

Do they leak it a bit to gage fan reaction? From listening to Brightons CEO the process is they call ask for permission to speak to a coach. The club he's at currently agree or not. The coach can then choose if he wants to speak to them. So if you are someone like McKenna you could have an interview while being at Ipswich, the other club choose to not to take him. He then has to go back to Ipswich with his tail between his legs. If we don't approach it right, we won't get him.

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Kjetil Knutsen now being wanted by the Celtic board to be their new coach. He's their no.1 choice.

I've been banging on about him but our board doesn't take no interest 🙄.

He plays attractive football and his side scores lots of goals plus he loved by the fans and players!

We lack inspiration, have we gone for anyone that wasn't a name at all during KPs reign? I'd say no. Yes Ranieri was a faded name at the time, but the thinking needs to change now. An some of these names banded about are due to their playing career more so than anything they have achieved as a coach.

• Thanks 1

Would have McKenna and Maresca. More so McKenna. I think Maresca is a risk but potentially worth taking.

Not arsed about the rest. Smith the best of them but I think we need a completely fresh start.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, eblair said:

If no one else sees Rodgers in McKenna they have recovered better than me

Bloke from Northern Ireland with no experience playing at highest level and been coach since he was about 12

He's not high profile yet, he hasn't made a name for himself and is keen to prove himself think Rogers when he was at Swansea I'd say rather than Rogers now.

• Like 1

I want a manager who’s played football at the top level and has managed a few clubs to gain experience. Ex pro footballers who’ve been successful is the way to go. Someone with links to the club wouldn’t go amiss either, being able to recognise players who want to play for us is a priority imo

Edited by yorkie1999

8 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

Do they leak it a bit to gage fan reaction? From listening to Brightons CEO the process is they call ask for permission to speak to a coach. The club he's at currently agree or not. The coach can then choose if he wants to speak to them. So if you are someone like McKenna you could have an interview while being at Ipswich, the other club choose to not to take him. He then has to go back to Ipswich with his tail between his legs. If we don't approach it right, we won't get him.

I think you’re right. Trying to gage fan reaction instead of actually having a plan in place as to who they want. Either a young and upcoming manager or a more experienced coach. 

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

I think you’re right. Trying to gage fan reaction instead of actually having a plan in place as to who they want. Either a young and upcoming manager or a more experienced coach. 

Has to be up and coming we've had Ranieri, Puel, Rogers let's break the mold and start with something fresh. I'd rather we rebuild a strong base then get promoted and be in a relegation battle all season again, even if it takes a bit longer.

Guest Kopfkino

McKenna is the only slice of hope on that list. I guess I could just about live with Parker.

But I’m taking a dose of copium that it’s just a generic list of managers to put a piece out there rather than substantive.  For a start, get ****ing Farioli on the list and let’s be part of the new wave of football.

Maresco had a brilliant 17 year career across 4 countries. For Pep to trust him as his assistant he must be a well regarded coach. Inexperienced but so was Arteta, they come from the best school. Would be a gamble but?

14 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

I want a manager who’s played football at the top level and has managed a few clubs to gain experience. Ex pro footballers who’ve been successful is the way to go. Someone with links to the club wouldn’t go amiss either, being able to recognise players who want to play for us is a priority imo

Mark Robins 

Michael Duff

Edited by Beachyboy

18 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

There are many many managers who have either not played at the top level or not played at all who have been very successful 

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

He's magic.. You know.....