Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

There are many many managers who have either not played at the top level or not played at all who have been very successful 

Yes, you are correct,  but the thread is titled who do you want, not,  let’s discuss the pros and cons of having a manager whose never played football yet has been very successful, Jose.

Stinks of us not knowing who we want and being led by agents offering their managers about. 

Rudkin probably only aware of McKenna, the only name with a bit of upwards movement, because he worked as a youth coach at City  when he was academy director and he’s studied at Loughborough Uni. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Name them.

from the realistic pile:

nuno

farke 

Rafa

bielsa 

robbins 

Duff

To masson

Hassenhutle

corberan 

Don’t think Adi Hutter is that much of a stretch either 

🤷‍♂️ would take all of them over that list (mckenna perhaps the contender) 

Would take pearson back over the list as well! 

Edited by Lambert09

I just can’t understand how there are 5 on the list. The Fulham game where it must’ve hit them there is a potential risk of being where we are and dumb and dumber decided to have a meeting with outgoing/maybe outgoing manager Smith last week to ask him how we get promoted. 

I don’t expect much in terms of a target list, it’s going to be cheap, easy and not very innovative (similar to the characteristics of our owner) but that target list should be down to one as a primary target at this stage. 

It’s not hysterical to question the suitability of our leadership, in fact it’s stupidity not to. This is getting worse by the year and I fear for where we end up when this regime finally gives up. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Some on twitter keep saying Emma Hayes has been interviewed… please tell me its bull!!!? Reckon we will end up with Parker or Gerrard toss of a coin

Can you imagine how hard it would be for the club to sack her if it’s not going well. You just know the media would all hang up on the club. 

Don’t think we need anymore pressure added to our situation. 

57 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Some on twitter keep saying Emma Hayes has been interviewed… please tell me its bull!!!? Reckon we will end up with Parker or Gerrard toss of a coin

I'd like to happen but I think if Emma Hayes had been approached we'd have heard more about it. Especially has she's already at a club. Checked on twitter she's currently in america at the moment so I doubt there's been any development there.

Edited by Leicesterpool

1 hour ago, eblair said:

If no one else sees Rodgers in McKenna they have recovered better than me

Bloke from Northern Ireland with no experience playing at highest level and been coach since he was about 12

Unfortunately, McKenna’s idol (or who he looks up to as a coach) is Rodgers… 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Have you seen our goalkeepers? 

Ward, and to a lesser extent, Iversen, need a shit load of coaching lol

I mean, who do you think will come into a Championship club - with more experience than Stowell - that would do anything to coach them better? He's a dogshit interim coach but there's not exactly a Schmeichel or Seaman figure out there that would come in and suddenly make our keepers world class.

2 hours ago, Buzzell said:

Have you watched our Goalkeepers distribution recently? lol 

Yes. I can name 20 things wrong at the club that come ahead of teaching Iversen to stand on the opposite side of his box when kicking the ball.

1 hour ago, PAPA LAZAROU said:

I give you Ward.

You could swap Stowell for Peter Cech or Iker Casillas and he'll still be star-jumping at the ball. GK coaches are much of a muchness. Ward's technique is poor and Iversen can't kick. We need new keepers not new coaches.

18 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can you imagine how hard it would be for the club to sack her if it’s not going well. You just know the media would all hang up on the club. 

Don’t think we need anymore pressure added to our situation. 

The irony of the women's team having a male manager and the men having a female manager wouldn't be lost on some.

It's coming, after all Lydia Bedford got the u21 job at Brentford last week.