Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Is it just me. Or was that the most “meh” relegation ever? Not for the fans, it’s gutting, but genuinely it just seems like everyone at the club accepted it. Maybe it’s because I’m older? But watching that final game no one really looked desperate to win or even that sad at the end. Urgh. 

See what you mean. Missing out on Champions League the 2nd time hurt more because of the way it was thrown away. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Is it just me. Or was that the most “meh” relegation ever? Not for the fans, it’s gutting, but genuinely it just seems like everyone at the club accepted it. Maybe it’s because I’m older? But watching that final game no one really looked desperate to win or even that sad at the end. Urgh. 

I don’t think everyone at the club has accepted - more it actually hasn’t dawned on them (and they are deluded in thinking Everton are gonna get banged on FFP). 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

She was at the training ground yesterday, just a guided tour, Nothing more in it than that.

Club are playing games with some of those names mentioned, smokescreen for Potter who they are confident in getting in, wouldn't be cheap though. 

Reasons I can't go into, and apologies that it's cryptic but Rudkin is an absolute cancer for this club but untouchable.

If Top won’t remove Rudkin, he has to sell up. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

No civil war, Rudkin sorting the football side wanting to be front and center.

Whelan sorting business. 

Top and family seemingly leaving them to it. 

They've not learnt lessons from last season, more of the same.

Top needs to find a new hobby. 

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

If Top won’t remove Rudkin, he has to sell up. 

That’s the sad thing, with Rudkin so ingrained within KP the fans (well, some of) will turn on the board if things go badly next season. Unthinkable a couple of years a go.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ricey said:

That’s the sad thing, with Rudkin so ingrained within KP the fans (well, some of) will turn on the board if things go badly next season. Unthinkable a couple of years a go.

I’m starting to think Top isn’t very clever tbh

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we announce Smith is staying and probably soon. 

It's been nailed on from the moment he arrived. Easy, predictable option. I fear that we will become the new Norwich. 

30 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

Thanks for your posts @Sambiasso though they do beg two important questions:

1 - just how bad do you have to be at your job for Top to do something about it, and

2 - how can anyone at this club be 'untouchable'?

Rodgers steered this club towards relegation and virtually begged the board to sack him. It seems everyone is untouchable as long as you're nice to Top for a bit.

He has alot to learn in business. Makes acquaintances, not friends.

4 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Thai folk are very loyal, I should know my wife is Thai and I've ****ed up plenty of times, she still keeps me around though.

Did you relegate a football club and lose her family £10s of millions in the process? 

Guest Kopfkino

If I owned any of this land I’d put the biggest ****ing anti-Rudkin sign on it and make myself feel better

IMG_4469.jpeg

Smith is such a predictable appointment and right out of the LCFC playbook, out of work, easy to sort out and not very imaginative. It just screams once again, any real lack of research or planning. 

I thought we improved somewhat under him, I certainly didn't detest going to games like I did under Rodgers. I felt like he was caught between ideas and never really came in and stuck to a plan. One week it's all out attack, the next all out defence. I'm not sure that bodes well. But a lot of it's luck, with the right set of players around them plenty of managers can be a success, I certainly don't dislike the bloke. 

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Whelan sorting business. 

This is very concerning news.

58 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Whelan sorting business. 

jump-it.gif

• Haha 1

I don't understand what anyone saw in Smith for us that makes you think we aren't just doing exactly what Norwich did last year.

There are at least 10 coaches who could easily come in and make us, in my opionion, favourites for the league.

Only 1 of those is on the list (McKenna)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, LVFox said:

I don't understand what anyone saw in Smith for us that makes you think we aren't just doing exactly what Norwich did last year.

There are at least 10 coaches who could easily come in and make us, in my opionion, favourites for the league.

Only 1 of those is on the list (McKenna)

They were 5th when he left, despite the awful run they went on