Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

To play devil's advocate here, under Rudkin Leicester were promoted from the Championship, won the Premier League and won the FA Cup. Name one other DOF that has achieved so much with so little, plus think about the massive amount of revenue and brand prestige he has brought in as a result of that. Now for all of us on here, whilst we can forgive a bit of shitness (our 8th place season was also pretty bad to be honest), we aren't so nostalgic and can recognise when an individual is no longer operating at the desired level. However, I could understand why he's essentially got a job for life with King Power off the back of his stint with us.

On a slightly different note, I'm struggling to understand why we went from being one of the best run clubs in Europe to making such monumental **** ups! Whilst we didn't get everything right, we did so many things well; buying promising young players, selling them on for massive amounts, reinvesting into the club, building a new academy, etc, etc. We appointed Rodgers and gave him a LOT of control day to day at the club... and I wonder why we did that? Is it because Rudkin wanted to move out of just day-today football? Was it all just a massive fluke and we are returning to normality?

I guess the biggest factor here is that Khun Vichai passed away, who was clearly an amazing businessman and leader.

It is true what he has achieved with us. However, how much of it do you think was down to Vichai? Since his death, i know we had the FA cup win but it seemed like that was moreso the club was in a good place from when he was here. As soon as Rudkin and Top have had to start doing the work themselves it seems like he is way out of his depth. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Trekerz said:

It is true what he has achieved with us. However, how much of it do you think was down to Vichai? Since his death, i know we had the FA cup win but it seemed like that was moreso the club was in a good place from when he was here. As soon as Rudkin and Top have had to start doing the work themselves it seems like he is way out of his depth. 

When Vichai was still here, Rudkin had lots of power but was also subject to oversight from a strong leader above him - he had somebody to scrutinise, question and possibly overrule his decisions. Now he still has the same power, but maybe the oversight has disappeared, giving him free rein to mess things up at his leisure?

• Like 3

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

When Vichai was still here, Rudkin had lots of power but was also subject to oversight from a strong leader above him - he had somebody to scrutinise, question and possibly overrule his decisions. Now he still has the same power, but maybe the oversight has disappeared, giving him free rein to mess things up at his leisure?

Yep, 100%. Also when you know your job is as safe as his is, does he really have any incentive or motivation to go the extra mile in his job. Which again, similar to players like Maddison, Tielemans etc. Why would they give 110% for us when they know they aren't going to be here next season regardless. Once again, it lies at the feet of Top to either not let us get in that situation in the first place where staff get complacent or to put some pressure on them that they won't have a job. That's where it seemed like Vichai was infinitely better. Even though he stayed to the business side, he knew when to step in.

• Like 2

There are suggested links to Kieran McKenna of Ipswich. I'd rather have a manager on the rise take our rebuild task on than someone treading water or on the decline. Otherwise lets give Steve Bruce a call.

• Like 3

Spurs hiring Postecoglou is huge for us, because Spurs were the obvious place for Potter to go to. That leaves him with Leeds or waiting for Everton, Palace or West Ham to get rid of their manager and make a move. It has been rumoured that West Ham will get rid of Moyes if he loses the cup final, so perhaps he could be stalling for them.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Spurs hiring Postecoglou is huge for us, because Spurs were the obvious place for Potter to go to. That leaves him with Leeds or waiting for Everton, Palace or West Ham to get rid of their manager and make a move. It has been rumoured that West Ham will get rid of Moyes if he loses the cup final, so perhaps he could be stalling for them.

Can't honestly see Potter coming to Leicester in the championship with a huge rebuild task, think he'll go to West Ham or Palace if they already haven't got Adi Hutter lined up.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

He could go Celtic also.

• Like 1

Think we are being a bit silly not looking at Ralph Hasenhüttl.

In the 2011–12 season, he completely rebuilt the team, bringing in eight new players and releasing 14, with the aim of a mid-table finish.[citation needed] After a slow start to the season, the team found itself in sixth place at the winter break, only a point behind the play-off position. The team's run continued into the second half of the season, which included an eight-game winning streak, earning Hasenhüttl a further two-year contract extension in November 2011. At the end of the season, Aalen finished in second place, earning automatic promotion to the 2. Bundesliga.

• Like 3

I think we should start a petition to get Rudkin promoted to a higher role within King Power. Start one called Save The Foxes and make it seem like we're petitioning the government to stop them being culled or something, then when it gets to 100k edit it to say Rudkin should be rewarded with a new role at KPHQ in Thailand.

3 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

To play devil's advocate here, under Rudkin Leicester were promoted from the Championship, won the Premier League and won the FA Cup. Name one other DOF that has achieved so much with so little, plus think about the massive amount of revenue and brand prestige he has brought in as a result of that. Now for all of us on here, whilst we can forgive a bit of shitness (our 8th place season was also pretty bad to be honest), we aren't so nostalgic and can recognise when an individual is no longer operating at the desired level. However, I could understand why he's essentially got a job for life with King Power off the back of his stint with us.

On a slightly different note, I'm struggling to understand why we went from being one of the best run clubs in Europe to making such monumental **** ups! Whilst we didn't get everything right, we did so many things well; buying promising young players, selling them on for massive amounts, reinvesting into the club, building a new academy, etc, etc. We appointed Rodgers and gave him a LOT of control day to day at the club... and I wonder why we did that? Is it because Rudkin wanted to move out of just day-today football? Was it all just a massive fluke and we are returning to normality?

I guess the biggest factor here is that Khun Vichai passed away, who was clearly an amazing businessman and leader.

1. Rudkin had a ltd role in us winning the Prem/FA cup

2. Rudkin had a key role in us getting relegated

Both of these statements can be correct.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst I don't necessarily disagree with any of this in the main, rather like player transfers in and out, the problem is we haven't got a clue what's going on or why.

Being generous for a minute, let's just suppose that there was a plan upon a manager to succeed both Rodgers and now Smith. You can have a list of great candidates as long as you're arm but, rather like players, if they don't want to come, or their existing clubs won't release them, together with the fact that we're now in the Championship with half our squad probably on the cusp of potentially leaving, when you don't wear blue tinted glasses either, that list possibly gets shorter by the second!

There are also contractual issues ie we've also heard of one manager this week who can't be signed until after the first of July because his current status as a Premiership manager has financial implications. If the latter was an issue for example and even with an agent, tacit agreements had been made, there would perhaps be a period of silence in order not to inflame any negotiations. 

Undoubtedly as you and others rightly point out, it's been a debacle of huge proportions but, the sorting it out and appointing a new manager must raise huge and sometimes sensitive issues which again, like our usual transfer public stance, have to be kept confidential.

God only knows who this lot will appoint anyway. In our position the fact is we aren't able to be too sniffy and potential candidates and their agents will know that. People who turn their nose up at someone like Potter need a reality check, that goes for foreign managers too, even Gerrard and his agent would make themselves out to be the hottest property in town and try and fleece the best deal out of us whatever the true financial situation at the club.

I still think it's possible to be a lot more proactive on these things than we are. The only time I really recall us being proactive on something like this was when we sacked Puel and had Rodgers basically ready for it days later. That was actually quite reassuring to me at the time that they were on the ball. Since that though it's red flag after red flag. We sack a manager now and it's "we will now start the recruitment process" which I feel like they probably have to say, but you get the feeling they really do mean that.

The fact nobody was ready to take over after Rodgers went was quite telling. I think they really had just assumed he would turn it around and hadn't accounted for the possibility that he wasn't going to, when it was absolutely abundantly clear to so many that it wasn't going to get better. We even had a good run in October / November before reverting back to rubbish. He was so blatantly done here. Yet the day we actually did sack him, it was as if he'd just left us out of the blue and they hadn't even considered the possibility he'd need to go. Hence why we blew two winnable home games on caretakers, hence why we ended up with a sacked Norwich manager whose first game was Man City away.

The point somebody made about Martin and Southampton is an interesting one but the difference, as has been rightly pointed out is that this is common knowledge and Martin is clearly going to end up there. I just don't think we'll appoint Potter. We aren't hearing movement on that because of a technicality, it's more likely that it's just because he isn't coming.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

These ****tards are going to waste 3 weeks trying to get Potter and end up appointing Smith. Can we go hysterical then ?

After last summer especially, to me they're guilty until proven innocent. I'll believe it when I see it on us.

5 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

No civil war, Rudkin sorting the football side wanting to be front and center.

Whelan sorting business. 

Top and family seemingly leaving them to it. 

They've not learnt lessons from last season, more of the same.

Yep as I suspected. We are run by absolute simpletons.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

1. Rudkin had a ltd role in us winning the Prem/FA cup

2. Rudkin had a key role in us getting relegated

Both of these statements can be correct.

I'm not trying to defend Rudkin, just pointing out why there's been no change. I think 99% of clubs out there would have sacked Rudkin after a season like we just had.

4 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Probably this 

Ewhs_cNXEAAtAFR.jpeg

Scraping your way through the play offs with Tammy Abraham and Jack Grealish can't really be seen as that much of an achievement, can it?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, F T Fagos said:

The problem we have with Potter is that while he might listen to job offers, he can sit in his garden enjoying his huge payoff, and wait for a whole raft of Premier league jobs which are bound to be offered to him in the coming months. 

.. he would be going in with other managers players some recently recruited!!!

If he comes here he has a rebuild of his own choosing.

If he cannot see the opportunity,  then he should not be in management.

He should see this as a godsend after the Chelsea situation. He will have a less than knowledgeable chairman who will not be looking over his shoulder, and a DoF who only looks out for himself. He will have free rein at this club, it is what the last one had, he will have full autonomy.

2 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

tbf I wouldnt be against Enzo taking the job tbf, something totally new and hopefully hes learnt a thing or too with Pep

could put a good word for some young city players too

Agree.  Artita has not done to shabby.

• Like 1