Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I would quite happily take any manager who doesn't intend to play the sideways diarrhoea that we've seen oozing all over the pitch for the last few years.

Oozing diarrhoea?! Sounds like me after a particularly spicy korma and a few pints of lager with the boys ey lads !!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty sure that we don’t have time ……. We need to bounce back 

I will be very surprised if we bounce back to the Prem this season.

New manager and massive wholesale changes with the squad, it might take a few seasons / transfer windows for things to gel.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

New manager and massive wholesale changes with the squad, it might take a few seasons / transfer windows for things to gel.

Ffs. It pisses me off, that this is reality 

17 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

I would quite happily take any manager who doesn't intend to play the sideways diarrhoea that we've seen oozing all over the pitch for the last few years.

The issue is that 80% of the managers play like this. Spurs were competing for Top 4 with a sideways passing "masterclass". Chelsea would have been relegated but got lucky there were a lot of atrocious teams this season. 

33 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Burnley pulled it off 

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Pretty sure that we don’t have time ……. We need to bounce back 

Ideally yes but the club is in a mess. We could probably force our way up by making short term signings but I don’t think that’s the way to go. Developing players and buying them young and selling them for high prices is the way to go, signings like Vestergaard and Perez are what killed us.

If we built a young, dynamic, vibrant team that missed out I could handle that better than a team of mercenaries. 

• Like 1

Financially we need to bounce back

that will be the target for the new manager - the club won’t want to hear about any multi year building projects to get promoted  - they will think that with the largest budget it shouldn’t be a problem

Whether you agree with that or not is another matter 

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Ideally yes but the club is in a mess. We could probably force our way up by making short term signings but I don’t think that’s the way to go. Developing players and buying them young and selling them for high prices is the way to go, signings like Vestergaard and Perez are what killed us.

If we built a young, dynamic, vibrant team that missed out I could handle that better than a team of mercenaries. 

We tried that in 2004 with high-profile experienced signings - Keown and Dublin - but it backfired and we got in a massive mess.

Agree with you, we need to go back to the formula that worked well for us previously. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Financially we need to bounce back

that will be the target for the new manager - the club won’t want to hear about any multi year building projects to get promoted  - they will think that with the largest budget it shouldn’t be a problem

Whether you agree with that or not is another matter 

The biggest budget gives you the best chance sure. That isn't the only reason Man City have dominated though, it needs to be spent wisely.