Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

I will be very surprised if we bounce back to the Prem this season.

Β 

New manager and massive wholesale changes with the squad, it might take a few seasons / transfer windows for things to gel.

I would be very surprised if we don't !

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Best not be Parker, I'd explode with frustrationΒ 

Depends on the length of contract, not a guy for the premiership but promotion from the championship with two different teams, he obviously has something at championship level.

16 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

No idea about this bloke’s credentials, but he reckons Scott Parker was at Seagrave today….

Β 

https://twitter.com/lmlcfc_/status/1666120700854251524?s=46&t=1DEwF-efbTvCF5nEMkzeCw

I wouldn’t be surprise if we meet with each member on the β€œlist”. Interviews are quite key to our process rather than zoning into a particular candidate.Β 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Glorious Leicester Fan said:

I assume it’s because his role goes way beyond simply being a DoF. He’s basically aΒ Consigliere (obviously without the criminal element).Β 

...would that not translate as a conflict of interest!!!

If he is an advisor whether personally or in a business sense, he then becomes someone whose position can not come under scrutiny. The relationship would be so entwined that there can be no objectivity in the work environment.

Β  He should either remain his advisor (counsellor) or allow a proper DoF to take up the role.

4 minutes ago, Marmite said:

Surely the interviews would take place at a neutral venue and not the training groundΒ 

Villa Park? A premier Inn?

Β 

Of course they take place at the club's main base!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SK3Blue said:

Closest we'll get to Potter, and he'll probably turn it down.Β 

BP.png

Thanks for that, it wasn't that amusing the first time it was posted, yours is about the 99th. Why don't you post something reall funny about Harry Potter?

5 minutes ago, Marmite said:

Surely the interviews would take place at a neutral venue and not the training groundΒ 

Why? You normally want to show potential new employees their future working environment. Where have you been for interiews?

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...would that not translate as a conflict of interest!!!

If he is an advisor whether personally or in a business sense, he then becomes someone whose position can not come under scrutiny. The relationship would be so entwined that there can be no objectivity in the work environment.

Β  He should either remain his advisor (counsellor) or allow a proper DoF to take up the role.

I wholeheartedly agree. If he want to be a close advisor to the owner, then fine. But like you say, there is no accountability. It’s absolutely absurd that he’s allegedly overseeing the β€˜WTF went wrong’ review. It’s a pointless exercise which will never get to the truth of the matter, therefore learning nothing.Β 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is like having a mirror in front of you, everywhere you go!!!

The first think I thought of when I see 'Enzo maresca' was west brom in 99/00 championship manager.....