Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Scott Parker - what's in his locker as a manager? a motivator, tactician, coach? I get the feeling Top/Rudkin want control over player transfers, which some managers aren't going to like. I imagine Parker will feel pretty annoyed at what happened to him a Bournemouth, and will be absolutely determined to be succesful, at 42 he could have a long career in management, so he isn't going to want to f' it up, an ex pro that should have lots of energy, I could get on board with, doubt the club will offer him a huge contract with massive wage. Can see this happening

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Scott Parker - what's in his locker as a manager? a motivator, tactician, coach? I get the feeling Top/Rudkin want control over player transfers, which some managers aren't going to like. I imagine Parker will feel pretty annoyed at what happened to him a Bournemouth, and will be absolutely determined to be succesful, at 42 he could have a long career in management, so he isn't going to want to f' it up, an ex pro that should have lots of energy, I could get on board with, doubt the club will offer him a huge contract with massive wage. Can see this happening

****ing hope not 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I did a rough worst case sqaud scenario;

Souttar, Vestergaard, VK, Iversen, Hamza, Vards, Daka, Ricky, Albrighton, KDH, Luke Thomas and maybe a slight cheat in keeping JJ (I reckon that's 50/50) ....a good manager could get top 5 with that and a very good manager would get us straight up

Can't see Vestegaard ever playing for us again, seems like he was exiled by the club for not taking a move, can't see a way back from that

6 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Another hyped up London born manager who was hopeless at Club Brugge 

3 minutes ago, Salieri said:

****ing hope not 

his overall win ratio is really not that bad at over 40%, but i don't know a lot about him but with 2 promotions behind him, and someone who seems determined, what is it you'd prefer to see in an appointment?

1 minute ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Another hyped up London born manager who was hopeless at Club Brugge 

foriegn club, foriegn league. We seem to be loving this Pep look-a-like who also failed at a club. Personally i think Rafa would be a wise choice but i think most managers on our supposed list will be a punt.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

People keep saying Kompany did a bad job at Anderlecht, but he had a 45% winrate there, and he was joining after the club had basically spent themselves into a hole

I love how people pick and choose when to twist a negative aspect of a managers career into a positive one lol

Parker has two promotions, yeah but he's from landan and never kept the 1 promoted side of his up in the PL

Anderlecht went off the boil a while ago but I'm certain Kompany came in and didn't resurrect them by any stretch of the imagination 

3 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I love how people pick and choose when to twist a negative aspect of a managers career into a positive one lol

Parker has two promotions, yeah but he's from landan and never kept the 1 promoted side of his up in the PL

Anderlecht went off the boil a while ago but I'm certain Kompany came in and didn't resurrect them by any stretch of the imagination 

I wasn't commenting on Parker or anybody else, and I'm not also saying that he single handedly saved the club, but it's not like he went in and shit the bed, he was just fine. Maresca did a bad job at Parma by comparison.

10 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

People keep saying Kompany did a bad job at Anderlecht, but he had a 45% winrate there, and he was joining after the club had basically spent themselves into a hole

Objectively, 15 draws and 5 losses over 50 games in a season isn't bad but subjectively it's not good enough for a team like Anderlecht. Part and parcel of being at one of the bigger teams in any league. 

Just now, -sodapop said:

I wasn't commenting on Parker or anybody else, and I'm not also saying that he single handedly saved the club, but it's not like he went in and shit the bed, he was just fine. Maresca did a bad job at Parma by comparison.

Yeah I quoted you but wasnt necessarily aimed at you, but the fine job (as you put it) he did at Anderlecht would be called utter baloney if Parker/Gerrard had done it from plenty of others on here. Just different rules for different managers 

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I still think it's possible to be a lot more proactive on these things than we are. The only time I really recall us being proactive on something like this was when we sacked Puel and had Rodgers basically ready for it days later. That was actually quite reassuring to me at the time that they were on the ball. Since that though it's red flag after red flag. We sack a manager now and it's "we will now start the recruitment process" which I feel like they probably have to say, but you get the feeling they really do mean that.

The fact nobody was ready to take over after Rodgers went was quite telling. I think they really had just assumed he would turn it around and hadn't accounted for the possibility that he wasn't going to, when it was absolutely abundantly clear to so many that it wasn't going to get better. We even had a good run in October / November before reverting back to rubbish. He was so blatantly done here. Yet the day we actually did sack him, it was as if he'd just left us out of the blue and they hadn't even considered the possibility he'd need to go. Hence why we blew two winnable home games on caretakers, hence why we ended up with a sacked Norwich manager whose first game was Man City away.

The point somebody made about Martin and Southampton is an interesting one but the difference, as has been rightly pointed out is that this is common knowledge and Martin is clearly going to end up there. I just don't think we'll appoint Potter. We aren't hearing movement on that because of a technicality, it's more likely that it's just because he isn't coming.

I have to concede that my instincts are similar. I'm just hoping that there is something afoot and that for various reasons it's not being disclosed until it's fully signed and sealed like we've previously done business. 

Am I holding my breath? Not likely 😁

• Like 1