Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

3 minutes ago, Lionator said:

On what basis are they appointing him on besides the fact he managed Man Utd. He’s a failure, he has no promotions to his name, he has no rebuilds to his name. It would be awful. 

True, but neither have the other managers we have been linked with in the Press, ie Martin and Tomasson.

Personally, I don’t think Ole would entertain managing in the Championship. It would be interesting to see, we’d likely see an influx of United youth that could get us up, but it could equally turn in to a slow motion car crash like this season. That can be said for any manager that comes in though. 

Further proof that Rudkin doesn’t have a feckin clue if the two names that are being linked or hinted at by people with perceived inside info is Russell Martin and Ole. 

Get that idiot in the bin and get someone in who is prepared to think outside of the box. 

• Like 2

Would we be better off if we miraculously stayed up? I know financially yes but I think if we did pull off this miracle, the club wouldn't consider wholesale changes and perhaps even keep Dean Smith.

Part of me thinks this club needs a relegation, of course I want to stay in the PL but in the best interests of moving forward and developing, it needs a blitz throughout to clear out the crap.

Nigel or I’m not interested 😂

But seriously… I haven’t seen one name yet where I think - yes perfect for a rebuild. 
If we appoint JDT it’s just because Blackburn knocked us out of the cup. Lazy again from this inept board. 

Rudkin Out 

• Like 1

Martin was mentioned earlier on in the season. They only thing if it is him there is some sort or plan. Whether it’s a good one that’s another matter.

Ole is uninspiring choice.

1 hour ago, TMELcfc said:

Nigel or I’m not interested 😂

But seriously… I haven’t seen one name yet where I think - yes perfect for a rebuild. 
If we appoint JDT it’s just because Blackburn knocked us out of the cup. Lazy again from this inept board. 

Rudkin Out 

...his appointment would not for me be viewed as lazy, I agree that we do not look far enough around Europe and are seemingly tied to Premiership Experience!!!

Irrespective of the score line, I was impressed with how the played  and their technical ability on show, even for those who were not in their first team.

I have seen the U21s taken apart by Blackburn on a few occasions namely a 7-0 where they reminded me of Pearson's team at their best. Nothing flash but economic and clinical and everyone playing for each other. I believe that the coach of that Blackburn team was promoted to the first team and has brought his influence to bear throughout the  club. 

nb. just a snippet of an interview with one of their backroom analyst:

“Jon puts huge demands on us, as he does with all staff, but he also puts a lot more demand on the players as well, which is something I really like. There’s a lot of ownership put on the players. We do a lot of player-led analysis, they do a lot of feedback and peer-to-peer sessions, where the players will sit down individually or in pairs with an analyst, review a game or review training, and then feed back to the rest of the team.

“Jon wants the right messages and principles to be put across, but it’s very much the players who are driving those sessions, with our support. And I’ve always been a big believer that a player-led culture creates the best learning and the best decision-making, and when you do things peer-to-peer is when you get the best retention of information.

“So it’s not about us barking orders and saying what the principles are, it’s do they understand it, can they articulate it and have they got it in their minds when they’re trying to make snap decisions on the pitch? And I think the approach that Jon and everyone here tries to adopt really maximises that.”

I just cannot imagine Rodgers allowing players to give input regarding the way we play!!

• Like 4

No name immediately springs to mind but ideally someone who knows the Championship well! 

The last thing we want is someone that underestimates how hard it is to get out of that league.

• Like 1

If they're stupid enough to get Solskjaer in that really will be me and the club done for a while I'm afraid. No chance they're getting even a penny of my hard-earned with insulting crap like that.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

The coach at Blackburn interestingly is David Lowe

...it is incredible which player moves into coaching as you do not tend to view a person in that way!!!

Good to see him with a career in the game, although Blackburn if I recall is in the lower reaches of PL2.

Damian Johnson was the Coach in charge back when they were handing out drubbings to us.

Just an excerpt of his Bio:

....In April 2015, Johnson returned to Blackburn Rovers, the club where he began his English career, as U14 academy coach.[23] After three months he was appointed U21 lead coach, a post which was redesignated professional development phase lead coach when the development squad began to compete at under-23 level.[24][25] In July 2019 he was promoted to first-team technical coach & head of player development,[26] a post he still held as of November 2022.[27]

It would be great to get him in, especially with JDT, perhaps a better budget may get the best out of JDT, or it could just be that Johnson brings the technical quality and JDT struggles to align it with tactical know-how. It is all just not adding up, why they are not achieving what I expect and believe that they can attain, something just isn't right.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, lee7 said:

No name immediately springs to mind but ideally someone who knows the Championship well! 

The last thing we want is someone that underestimates how hard it is to get out of that league.

Burnley did alright with a bloke who didn't know the championship, it's not a requirement