Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Thought I told you last week that Potter already turned it down for a second time. Maybe we’ve not moved on and gone for a third jab - but realistically I think Potter requires us to wait until he’s reviewed every option … and I’m not sure we can wait. 

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Yeah I quoted you but wasnt necessarily aimed at you, but the fine job (as you put it) he did at Anderlecht would be called utter baloney if Parker/Gerrard had done it from plenty of others on here. Just different rules for different managers 

Won't disagree with you there, the difference I suppose is that he went on to piss the league with Burnley.

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

Thought I told you last week that Potter already turned it down for a second time. Maybe we’ve not moved on and gone for a third jab - but realistically I think Potter requires us to wait until he’s reviewed every option … and I’m not sure we can wait. 

Who do you think they will go for ?

Just now, dnewty said:

Who do you think they will go for ?

I would like to think McKenna or the Barnsley fella. 

I suspect a name they’ve heard of in the PL so expect some journeyman joker. If we are honest it’s got Gerrard/Lampard written all over it. 

Truth is it’s up to JR and his ( very little ) little black book. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

To be honest i would rather we focus on bringing someone in who wants to be here and is excited about the project rather than beg someone who is far from convinced or not fully committed. We have had that issue throughout the club for the last 18 months or so with horrific consequences. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

Won't disagree with you there, the difference I suppose is that he went on to piss the league with Burnley.

Yup and it's not out of the question that someone unfancied can come in and take us straight back up too. But for some reason some people in here not only want us to hire someone to take us straight back up but also who can qualify for Europe and compete there too

Am I being nonsensical by thinking there's no way Parker makes it 3 promotions on the spin, and that unlikely probability makes this singular outcome less likely? Rather go for someone with less track record 😂

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Am I being nonsensical by thinking there's no way Parker makes it 3 promotions on the spin, and that unlikely probability makes this singular outcome less likely? Rather go for someone with less track record 😂

yes, Warnock has had 8

Just now, indierich06 said:

Am leaning towards Maresca now, purely because it seems like Potter is dead in the water and the rest of the names mentioned are absolutely depressing. May as well try something different. 

Potter has always been dead in the water