Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

36 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our aim next season is for an immediate return to the PL. If a popular former Leicester player had achieved that twice within the past few years with different clubs, we'd likely be all over it. There's something about Parker that is difficult to warm to, but yes, on paper he is tailor-made for our purposes.

Well Susan Whelan looks at ease in his company... 

Screenshot_20230606_221747_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_540990445010159.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Watching the Fatih Terim documentary on Netflix. He’s convinced me. Get him in.

If we are going for a fatih then there’s only one man for the job 

image.thumb.jpeg.59b916a4962a5e0931e40d8d7a629b24.jpeg

27 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Rudkin was on technical directors course last week in which he completed with the FA. I cannot go into this too much but he has been interviewing in London the last 3 days.

Hopefully he'll come back being able to actually do his ****ing job properly.

24 minutes ago, Verumex said:

I think it's time we give the job to Alan Birchenall.

He's had an accomplished playing career and knows the club culture.

I think he'd be a good fit.

He won't get rid of the culture around the squad. Lazy bastard didn't even do an end of season run this year.

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Chelve84 said:

Rudkin was on technical directors course last week in which he completed with the FA. I cannot go into this too much but he has been interviewing in London the last 3 days.

I hope he gets the job.

• Haha 4

Any one remember Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix.

it’s time for version 2. Netflix to follow Rudkin around in Leicester Till I die. It will be so dire, it won’t make it past the promo. 

9am - arrive seagrave

9:10 - coffee

10 - see which Development player we can sign.

10:10am where’s Top (this continues until 4:50)

4:55 - beat the Seagrave traffic. Time to head home. No sign of Top.

22 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Any one remember Sunderland Till I Die on Netflix.

it’s time for version 2. Netflix to follow Rudkin around in Leicester Till I die. It will be so dire, it won’t make it past the promo. 

9am - arrive seagrave

9:10 - coffee

10 - see which Development player we can sign.

10:10am where’s Top (this continues until 4:50)

4:55 - beat the Seagrave traffic. Time to head home. No sign of Top.

You forgot the bit at 9:15 where he tells everyone how good that Kungs song is and that we should play it at every home match 400 times.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Think we should focus on challenging for the championship first 😉

Absolutely but then what chance we are likely to relieve him of his duties after promotion?  none - so likely to have a v tough season back fighting to stay up. I assume people would rather have a coach who will take us back up and be a decent PL manager too 

3 hours ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

He has never solidified a team in the premier league. No from me. He will never have us challenging for europe. 

I agree with you, and I also don't want Parker, but I also don't think we realistically should be looking at appointing the manager to get us into Europe this summer - it's just about getting up. If we go up and have to sack the manager who gets us up next season, so be it.

5 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Absolutely but then what chance we are likely to relieve him of his duties after promotion?  none - so likely to have a v tough season back fighting to stay up. I assume people would rather have a coach who will take us back up and be a decent PL manager too 

Unfortunately it appears we are quite unlikely to get someone like that

Maresca being a bit of an unknown could be this

I expect it is going to be someone like Parker, Smith or Gerrard who if we do go up is gonna end up sacked by Christmas

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

That's just greedy though and redices our shortlist dramatically. And there are people who aren't keen on Potter still lol

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Regardless of who we appoint, if we go up this coming year, the following year is going to be tough. We still don’t even know for sure what players will be leaving and who will be coming in, most likely we will be without Maddison and Barnes. Are we going to be able to replace them with a cam and lm who can get 20+ G/A in the premier league between them? Probably not.

• Like 1