Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

26 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with you, and I also don't want Parker, but I also don't think we realistically should be looking at appointing the manager to get us into Europe this summer - it's just about getting up. If we go up and have to sack the manager who gets us up next season, so be it.

...so a manager gets us up, so what is the reason to offload him!!!

How is that going to look to prospective managers, they will all want long-term contracts just in case, then they can get a better payoff when we hang them out to dry. When we get a manager in, he needs to also be the manager for the Premier League, we cannot keep chopping and changing from season to season.

This sounds like how the club thinks, and they are struggling to make any sense of this at the moment.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.

4 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ajax apparently want Kjetil Knutsen to be their next manager after he becomes Celtic's no.1 target to replace Ange Postecoglou.

While our board probably never heard of these managers 🙄

Let's be honest if Celtic and Ajax *really* want him, he will probably go to either of them over us anyway. But yes if we were the only ones interested and approached him I'd be surprised if he knocked us back. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Our aim next season is for an immediate return to the PL. If a popular former Leicester player had achieved that twice within the past few years with different clubs, we'd likely be all over it. There's something about Parker that is difficult to warm to, but yes, on paper he is tailor-made for our purposes.

I'd actually be very interested in seeing what he could do with some finances behind him. 2 promotions both at teams that really didn't heavily back him in the transfer window. His signings were really not too bad during his time at Fulham and Bournemouth but he was trying to keep up teams that really were not expected to stay up. 

Bournemouth:
image.png.e80335c9910bb2daa1e2a0469df3346b.png

Fulham:

image.thumb.png.b9dc21c877a6e1a2b0a9fd63ee9f083f.png

Edited by cityfanlee23
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

My brother's dad works for Verisure and was at Seagrave yesterday doing some routine work on their alarms, she saw something (or should I say, someone 🚨) very interesting on the golf course with Rudkin this afternoon 

Given up on being reelected is it? 

f12bed7e-1b68-4fd2-8b43-a338ede94dc5-Trump_at_LIV_golf_Doral_24.thumb.jpg.17c9d13fa616e788ad9a428968ed1c35.jpg

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...so a manager gets us up, so what is the reason to offload him!!!

How is that going to look to prospective managers, they will all want long-term contracts just in case, then they can get a better payoff when we hang them out to dry. When we get a manager in, he needs to also be the manager for the Premier League, we cannot keep chopping and changing from season to season.

This sounds like how the club thinks, and they are struggling to make any sense of this at the moment.

I mean mid-season if they're doing badly. What I'm saying is we can't appoint a manager right now with the view that this same manager takes us to Europe. It's totally unrealistic.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Absolutely but then what chance we are likely to relieve him of his duties after promotion?  none - so likely to have a v tough season back fighting to stay up. I assume people would rather have a coach who will take us back up and be a decent PL manager too 

You can't be thinking that far ahead. The Premier league era is over for us. The first job is to stabilise and then get promotion. If we get up we have to build again. We won't be adding to a PL squad because most of them will have left. For all the managers people have mentioned - Kompany, Carrick, McKenna, Maresca, Gerrard, Moore, Parker etc etc none of them are PL ready managers. Walk before you run.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stinky said:

My brother's dad works for Verisure and was at Seagrave yesterday doing some routine work on their alarms, she saw something (or should I say, someone 🚨) very interesting on the golf course with Rudkin this afternoon 

It’s time ! 

IMG_3245.jpeg.3f1904109c1c490c7cc6546c88c34b55.jpeg

8 hours ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Ajax apparently want Kjetil Knutsen to be their next manager after he becomes Celtic's no.1 target to replace Ange Postecoglou.

While our board probably never heard of these managers 🙄

and then he'll go onto a bigger club from them, typical Leicester for me, hes gettable imo; 

but as per this club cant do left field stuff now, just idiotic shit 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Richardson said:

The way Blackburn tore us apart I would have there manager and a few of there players too please?

Anstey Nomads would've torn us apart that night. Unforgivable performance. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, iancognito said:

Go back over the years and many groups and forums. Holloway, Sousa and Sven were all popular in some quarters. Pearson was utterly derided, more so at the second attempt. O'Neill is the most famous one.

Despite all my opinions on who I'd want I'm the first to admit that, collectively, fans know nothing. And if you think otherwise I guarantee you were happy with Keegan as England manager.

²

Guest Mee-9
10 hours ago, weller54 said:

Well Susan Whelan looks at ease in his company... 

Screenshot_20230606_221747_com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox_edit_540990445010159.jpg

Having serious flashbacks to the Tinder thread.

RIP.

Right, as mentioned in here rudkin was in london the last few days, he’s been working for the KP horse racing looking at horses, hiring trainers and jockeys as well as interviewing for our vacant managers job. He’s been absolutely rushed off his feet, got a little stressed and massively confused and has hired Frankie Dettori as our next manager.

Potter is now unavailable as manager after being kicked by a horse.

Edited by Vlad the Fox