Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I mean mid-season if they're doing badly. What I'm saying is we can't appoint a manager right now with the view that this same manager takes us to Europe. It's totally unrealistic.

...why would it be unrealistic,  Burnley has not turfed Kompany out!!!

Like any season, if your manager is failing, then you would look to arrest the slide, and the obvious thing is to replace the manager.

I can understand giving someone a short term contract at the end of a season, such as we gave Smith, in that scenario everyone knows where they stand. But we seem to be looking short term again, and nothing is planned for looking ahead.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would it be unrealistic,  Burnley has not turfed Kompany out!!!

Like any season, if your manager is failing, then you would look to arrest the slide, and the obvious thing is to replace the manager.

I can understand giving someone a short term contract at the end of a season, such as we gave Smith, in that scenario everyone knows where they stand. But we seem to be looking short term again, and nothing is planned for looking ahead.

Are we mid way through the season already then? What position are Burnley in?

At least read and understand a post before trying to debate it 🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

Are we mid way through the season already then? What position are Burnley in?

At least read and understand a post before trying to debate it 🤣

...I read his post, I understood his post, I wonder if you did!!!

He originally said:

I agree with you, and I also don't want Parker, but I also don't think we realistically should be looking at appointing the manager to get us into Europe this summer - it's just about getting up. If we go up and have to sack the manager who gets us up next season, so be it.

My reply what reason would we give for offloading a manager who had taken us up?

His next reply was:

I mean mid-season if they're doing badly. What I'm saying is we can't appoint a manager right now with the view that this same manager takes us to Europe. It's totally unrealistic.

He had obviously moved the goalpost, but I  did not dwell on that.

I also dealt with his mid-season argument in my reply.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I read his post, I understood his post, I wonder if you did!!!

He originally said:

I agree with you, and I also don't want Parker, but I also don't think we realistically should be looking at appointing the manager to get us into Europe this summer - it's just about getting up. If we go up and have to sack the manager who gets us up next season, so be it.

My reply what reason would we give for offloading a manager who had taken us up?

His next reply was:

I mean mid-season if they're doing badly. What I'm saying is we can't appoint a manager right now with the view that this same manager takes us to Europe. It's totally unrealistic.

He had obviously moved the goalpost, but I  did not dwell on that.

I also dealt with his mid-season argument in my reply.

He didn't specify a time frame in his original post, next season doesn't mean at the start of the season. It means at any point next season. Therefore, he didn't move the goal posts, he just pointed you towards the goal posts.

He is also right in saying we can't appoint a manager now with the view that the manager gets us in to Europe, most promoted teams don't go on to play in Europe, never mind with the same manager, they go back down to the championship.

9 minutes ago, shiv said:

We should be going all out for Ruud van Nistelrooy but you just know he’s not even on our radar.

This regime for some reason avoids anyone who doesn't have experience managing in England. It reduces our pool of candidates massively. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

This regime for some reason avoids anyone who doesn't have experience managing in England. It reduces our pool of candidates massively. 

This regime and most others to be fair - there are 7 managers in the EFL who are not English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

Edited by Jon the Hat

26 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

This regime and most others to be fair - there are 7 managers in the EFL who are not English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

Shows their lack of imagination too - why do the same as others? You're more likely to just end up with average results. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

47 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Kieran McKenna for me. Just done my research. He's the one we should be going for. Google him. Looks great.

Would like him here also, but he has got a real good thing going on at Ipswich.

Part of me feels it's probably better for him to stay there, we have a massive rebuild on our hands and fans want us to get back to the Prem asap.

Whoever comes has a mountain to climb with this job.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

1 hour ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Ruud Van nistelrooy or Mark Van Bommel, get either before they show they are the real deal somewhere else.  Potter doesnt do it for me, thinks he is big time charlie with his poloneck at Chelsea

I'm intrigued by this " big time Charlie polo neck" first time I've seen a manager dismissed based on a jumper   made me laugh though 🤣

Just now, Bluetintedspecs said:

I'm intrigued by this " big time Charlie polo neck" first time I've seen a manager dismissed based on a jumper   made me laugh though 🤣

First time? You sure?

Here, meet East End Four Hoop willy puller

61878953-0-image-a-2_1661883639312.jpg

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, StinckleyFox said:

He didn't specify a time frame in his original post, next season doesn't mean at the start of the season. It means at any point next season. Therefore, he didn't move the goal posts, he just pointed you towards the goal posts.

He is also right in saying we can't appoint a manager now with the view that the manager gets us in to Europe, most promoted teams don't go on to play in Europe, never mind with the same manager, they go back down to the championship.

...he also did not say it was not at the start of the season!!!

He stipulated in his original post that it was all about going up. His next line was "  If we go up and have to sack the manager who gets us up next season, so be it."

My take on that was, that we look to offload this manager as soon as we go up, not wait until midway through the season to terminate his contract. Saying that he meant at any point of the season is strange, as that is what every club does. But as you said, it could just be my interpretation of what was said.

As for appointing a manager to take us into Europe, we all hope the manager that we choose will grow with us and we always should be looking long term. He may not get us there, but we cannot be chopping and changing managers every season, where is the stability in that?

Let us hope it is not Smith, Gerrard, Lampard, Parker or Jesse Marsch, we have had enough disappointment recently.

17 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that garb has a lot of Nazi connotations!!!

Every time I see it, I see a Hitler youth member. This picture with him in this pose does not allay my trepidations either.

"Vorwärts! Vorwärts! Schmettern die hellen Fanfaren!"

That would make an interesting addition to the singing section's repertoire....

Edited by ClaphamFox