Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

20 minutes ago, oakman said:

A mate texted me '.....anyone but Scatt Porker' and I've been chuckling for 5 minutes now.

I was thinking the same but his CV for Championship football is probably better than other candidates we are allegedly talking to. I'm coming around to having Scatt as manager. 

6 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Vieira is made to look worse than he perhaps really is because he was sacked at the end of a run of difficult games. Hodgson then comes in and has a massively favourable fixture list and yeah, the wins flowed. His first season was decent and also required something of a rebuild, and someone here recently said Palace fans don't look back negatively at his time there. 

Wasnt just results! According to Simon Jordan at the time coaching staff and coaching was not up to a good enough level i would be horrified if he came here !

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Dunno its completely unfathomable why he froze out Eze for example.

I think these players are rushing into jobs too big for them too soon. Its like anything you only evolve with experience. There are very few jobs where you can just waltz in at the top level and be a success, politics aside where any incompeetnet asshole with 10 grand can pay and get in! 

I don’t think he froze Eze out did he? I thought Eze had a lengthy injury and was just gaining fitness back towards the back end of his reign? 

I might be wrong though

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Balanced and fair argument but by those same positives from his reign then Claude Puel should also be in consideration as those same positives AND negatives could probably be applied to what he done here? Built a foundation, added food players but played boring football and didn't get great results. 

Yeah, I wouldn’t be opposed to it.

we need a builder, a Pearson type manager (but not Pearson) we are in a very different position to when Puel was no longer needed by us, we needed that step away from him at that time. Obviously Puel wouldn’t come back anyway. I also think just because Viera or Puel are known for boring football with us and palace doesn’t mean these managers can’t adapt. There’s no evidence to suggest Viera wouldn’t set us up in a completely different way with the expectation of promotion being the target rather than surviving with Palace. 

who knows, it’s all ifs and buts isn’t it.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

I don’t think he froze Eze out did he? I thought Eze had a lengthy injury and was just gaining fitness back towards the back end of his reign? 

I might be wrong though

Nah he started pretty much every league game until he dropped him in mid January

Seems Vieira didn’t help himself though by regularly playing him out of position on the wing, Hodgson moved him back into middle when he re-joined and he smashed it

Seems like an issue Palace fans had with Vieira was using players out of position regularly, but also when he did occasionally play them in their correct position and they did well, he would then change it up again for the next game

I think with the size of the rebuild and the critical nature of getting this decision right, the Man City guy would be far too big a risk. We need experience. 

If we were in palaces position where you are comfortable and can make a change to save your season again, then take the risk. But we absolutely cannot be doing this right now. It’s the wrong time to bring in an unknown. Avoid. 

Just now, LVFox said:

How many pages until an appointment then?

I'm going for 248

2028. Rudkin is gonna decide that his 0% win rate as a caretaker makes him the perfect candidate. Eventually he will have to leave in Apr 2025 after relegation to league two is confirmed, after perspective fc fans finally can't use the "we were in league one once" argument and proceed to stage a protest of not collecting their free stale Krispy Kreme donut before vichais birthday 

• Haha 1

Flippin heck this manager search is turning into one big crap shoot in the dark!

everythibg feels clueless at the club. Diesnt help that lcfc are keeping everything hush hush as usual. 

Guest Mee-9
3 hours ago, truebluethroughandthrough said:

‘Camp Nazi at funeral watched closely by SS’ 

would be my headline…

That sweater is more concentration camp commandant than top flight football manager. 

Maresca is a fairly interesting choice…. I mean, he’s actually played for West Brom, and learnt his trade as a young player in England…… that’s not bad experience to be honest, he will at least have an understanding of the English game. Plus he’s had numerous coaching roles in this country. Parma is his only hiccup and it’s just unfortunate it was his first independent role. 

But Kompany wasn’t a world beater before he went to Burnley. The more I think about it, the more intrigued I am….. but just because he’s come from Man City doesn’t mean he will be a success…. It could be a beautiful disaster. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jono1604 said:

Wasnt just results! According to Simon Jordan at the time coaching staff and coaching was not up to a good enough level i would be horrified if he came here !

So their standards dipped from the decent season before then?

Maybe the board are all on holiday and have forgotten that smith was only contracted to the end of the season. No doubt they’ll be back last week of July and go “where the **** is the manager?”

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Flippin heck this manager search is turning into one big crap shoot in the dark!

everythibg feels clueless at the club. Diesnt help that lcfc are keeping everything hush hush as usual. 

Do you not not recall the weeks following the dwarfs sacking? There was no plan then. What on earth makes you think this bunch of idiots will have a plan now?

Probably still sat there in bewilderment that we've gone down, even though its been on the cards since the start of the season

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

Maybe the board are all on holiday and have forgotten that smith was only contracted to the end of the season. No doubt they’ll be back last week of July and go “where the **** is the manager?”

The board are incompetent. Protest them all out.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Smith is probably a little peed to have been kept waiting also. He probably can't apply for anything until he knows what's the situation with Leicester is. 

He can apply for whatever he likes, and i'm sure he will be (althought there's not much around... we are going to start a chain of events, similar with Celtic)

We don't know the ins and outs, he was pretty clear it was an 8 game contract, chances are they all said their goodbyes after the final day, if we offer him the job it'll be on a very different contract anyway so it's likely he's probably free at this point.

48 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Have you ever heard of a club posting regular updates on its managerial recruitment process? Do people really expect daily bulletins on the official site detailing the names of candidates, times of the meetings and reports on how each interview went? 

LCFC is acting exactly the same as any other club in this situation - ie, by contacting and speaking to candidates privately. That's how it always works. Yet some folk are acting as if the club's silence on this ongoing process is somehow evidence of total chaos behind the scenes. It's getting a bit silly now.

• Like 2

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned and it could be a bit of a long shot but what about Philippe Clement?

He's just been sacked by Monaco, so he'd be free, his record is good, particularly in Belgium which Leicester have a few links with and he spent a season in Coventry (whilst a player), so I'm assuming there wouldn't be a major language barrier!

I mean it's meaningless speculation but there's not much else to go on at the moment. 

1 hour ago, Superjack said:

An outsider's take (if you will permit)...

I actually have a good feeling about Viera as a manager. I think you could do worse. Granted, a horrendous run of results saw his demise, but up until then I thought he did really well and had a good aura about him (whatever that means).  I think in the Championship, you could do far worse. 

Don't really know much about the Man City bloke. 

Potter unlikely, and when Brighton couldn't put the ball in the net, he kept on playing Nicky Maupay. That alone is enough reason to steer clear for me.

Gerrard and Lampard... obviously **** no.

I actually don't think Jesse Marsch would be a bad shout in the Championship. I reckon if you kept and bought the right players his gung-ho philosophy and screaming motivation might be enough to see you piss the league. 

Parker... bluffer imo. Avoid.

Dean Smith. I think he has lost his way, Norwich was a ****ing disaster, but he is happiest in the Midlands and as an outsider looking in, I thought he didn't make a bad fist of his end of season cameo. And you were an ants b*ll*ck away from staying up. If it is him, I would get behind him. He's not a bad manager, and he is running out of Midlands clubs to do well at.

Just hands off Nige. 😉 Although all indications are that he is happy and settled. Wouldn't be surprised if he retired down here to be honest. 

Anyway, I wish you well. Not when you play us, obviously.

An outsider's take (if you will permit)...

I actually have a good feeling about Viera as a manager.

Sorry mate I read this far and no more.:nigel:

• Haha 3