Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

43 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Smith is probably a little peed to have been kept waiting also. He probably can't apply for anything until he knows what's the situation with Leicester is. 

...there is no reason why he should not be interviewing for other roles!!!

If anything, you would believe that it would speed up the decision making at this club, should they believe he maybe the right candidate. 

Putting his life on hold waiting for a call, is not a wise or professional thing to do.

27 minutes ago, BlueApple said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned and it could be a bit of a long shot but what about Philippe Clement?

He's just been sacked by Monaco, so he'd be free, his record is good, particularly in Belgium which Leicester have a few links with and he spent a season in Coventry (whilst a player), so I'm assuming there wouldn't be a major language barrier!

I mean it's meaningless speculation but there's not much else to go on at the moment. 

...he built a great team at Club Brugge!!!

They were very exciting and a very tight set of players. Since he left, they have not had the success that they had previously. 

I have suggested him before, but sometimes it is a team which makes things work and when that team if manager, coach and assistant is split up, none are as strong individually. 

Why is everyone expecting a speedy decision on this? After the tough season Rudkin and co. have had they’re probably taking a well deserved two week all-inclusive break in Marbella before sorting this out. Cut them some slack. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine Smith is probably a little peed to have been kept waiting also. He probably can't apply for anything until he knows what's the situation with Leicester is. 

What jobs is he holding off lol 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that garb has a lot of Nazi connotations!!!

Every time I see it, I see a Hitler youth member. This picture with him in this pose does not allay my trepidations either.

Glad it wasn't just me lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BlueApple said:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned and it could be a bit of a long shot but what about Philippe Clement?

He's just been sacked by Monaco, so he'd be free, his record is good, particularly in Belgium which Leicester have a few links with and he spent a season in Coventry (whilst a player), so I'm assuming there wouldn't be a major language barrier!

I mean it's meaningless speculation but there's not much else to go on at the moment. 

Sounds like Paul Clement’s French cousin. 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...why would it be unrealistic,  Burnley has not turfed Kompany out!!!

Like any season, if your manager is failing, then you would look to arrest the slide, and the obvious thing is to replace the manager.

I can understand giving someone a short term contract at the end of a season, such as we gave Smith, in that scenario everyone knows where they stand. But we seem to be looking short term again, and nothing is planned for looking ahead.

Has Kompany taken Burnley to Europe already then?

• Haha 1

The list is absolutely crap isn’t it 

Potter - obviously yes 

Rafa- they haven’t even thought about it

Ralph h - same 

viera - same 

gerrard - no 

Parker-  no 

lampard - no 

smith - no 

mckenna- maybe at best 

maresca - who 

honestly if that is the best of the bunch we have a chance of getting I’d have big nige back in a flash - guaranteed we would be up by play offs - some of the above could easily see us being horrendous 

4 minutes ago, jv1 said:

The list is absolutely crap isn’t it 

Potter - obviously yes 

Rafa- they haven’t even thought about it

Ralph h - same 

viera - same 

gerrard - no 

Parker-  no 

lampard - no 

smith - no 

mckenna- maybe at best 

maresca - who 

honestly if that is the best of the bunch we have a chance of getting I’d have big nige back in a flash - guaranteed we would be up by play offs - some of the above could easily see us being horrendous 

If he is sacked by West Ham, then Moyes would be a good fit.

Parker - NO

Gerrard - Absolutely not

Lampard - absolutely, definitely, no doubt in my mind NO

Viera - No, No, No. If you're in any doubt - look at his record at palace. 

Smith - Meh

Ralph H - I don't get the reason people want him, he's not been good enough

Maresca - no idea. Very much a gamble 

McKenna - yes, exactly what we need, but I doubt he'll leave Ipswich for us. 

Potter - yes! It's obvious but still don't see it happening. 

Duff - option

Moyes I'd take if he's sacked, but doubt he'll drop down 

Edited by fox_favourite