Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

36 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Burnley did alright with a bloke who didn't know the championship, it's not a requirement 

Never said it was a requirement but at the same time Kompany is hardly a foreigner plucked from thin air...he has played in england for years so would know plenty about the top leagues in this country and what it takes to get out of a division like that.

I'm not against JDT to be honest.

Think he's got a lot going for him and he's built that Blackburn team up nicely. I like his style of play and think he'd get fans onside.

If we go down and appoint him I won't be upset.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Financial situation there is dire 

I know - but the financial situation will be just as bad here unless we can get good money for all our outgoings.

6 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Think those who have an issue with Parker, will probably be relieved if we end up with him when it emerges who we actually interview for the job

The more I thought about this, the more I think it's probably true.

The caveat is his desire is probably Premier League football, but I'd still have a go for Adi Hutter.

It could be that he just wants a Premier League job which, fair enough, on we move. But I think be your best shout of doing what Kompany did at Burnley. Defined style of play (and it's a lot more exciting than Rodgers / Martin ball for me), actively wants to get into this country, possibly has a bit of an upper hand on the German, Austrian and Swiss markets in the way Kompany did Belgium. I think as big a shambles as we are there is still a chance we can pitch to somebody how much of this was a freak and that we'd be a quite easy fix to get back up.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

The caveat is his desire is probably Premier League football, but I'd still have a go for Adi Hutter.

It could be that he just wants a Premier League job which, fair enough, on we move. But I think be your best shout of doing what Kompany did at Burnley. Defined style of play (and it's a lot more exciting than Rodgers / Martin ball for me), actively wants to get into this country, possibly has a bit of an upper hand on the German, Austrian and Swiss markets in the way Kompany did Belgium. I think as big a shambles as we are there is still a chance we can pitch to somebody how much of this was a freak and that we'd be a quite easy fix to get back up.

Hopefully Palace extend woys contract so they don’t go for him. If Leeds go down as well there probably won’t be any prem teams in for him. Then he might consider giving the championship a go. 

Our board won’t go for him though. 

3 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

...it is all about selling the club!!!

If we do go into the Championship, we need to embrace it when speaking to prospective managers, we can't be embarrassed about it. The training facility is a good selling point, the need for a renewal of a strategy to get into Europe and the finance that will be available in order to do so. No one is expecting a new manager to win the Premier League again, but if we chase Europe, there will come a time when we may just squeeze a Champions League spot. We have to show them we are ambitious, we are not going to be content in being in the Premier League, and it is never going to be enough being there unless you are striving for something.

That really is the only way to sell this club, do not just look at your Parkers, Martins, Marsch, Benitez or Potter, look abroad, and sell the club to them.

6 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

lol why not get in Alan Brazil while you're at it

Tbf doubt they'd allow some of the shite that's been on the pitch. Performing like that, getting into the changing room and seeing Alan Brazils massive bright red head spitting with rage lol