Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Parker doesn't inspire me with confidence for the future, but we've squandered the luxury of planning far ahead by being relegated. We need to get promoted back to the top flight this season coming, or we're screwed financially. I'd much rather us hire someone who can build and be with us for a while, but who are we kidding? Rudkin isn't going to look very far for candidates, is he? I can never imagine us announcing a "global search" for a manager.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WoodyFox said:

If Parker gets us up hopefully its 3rd time lucky in the prem

I wouldn't be totally against Parker. Good record of getting teams promoted. But, as soon as we're back up, give him the tin tack, and get someone good in

Guest Kopfkino

I mean Idk why people are worried about him in the Premier League. The bigger worry is surely that he’s fallen out with the higher ups at two clubs, wanted more control at two clubs, alienated key players at Fulham in particular and by all accounts was a hermit with little relationship with the players at Brugge.

Just now, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d prefer someone who can come in and rebuild and be on the ride with us as a medium to long term project and Parker doesn’t seem to me to fit that bill but maybe that’s a luxury we can’t afford 

Cannot be thinking long term short term to medium term has to be aim right now it's about promotion whether that's through the playoffs or automatically Scott Parker knows this division well, and can get teams promoted.

Interestingly with Parker as well both Fulham and Bournemouth when he took them up were probably tipped to go back down, I don't think we would be, I think the media would have us along the lines of Newcastle sides that went down and straight back up.

10 minutes ago, Yuki! said:

Parker wouldn’t be the worst, he got sacked after 4 games this season. Won the first against Aston Villa and then lost to Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool 

He was sacked for non-football reasons, not because of those results.

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

Sounds familiar 

I’d be confident a manager like Parker getting a Leicester team that keeps some big stars and spends a bit to get a competitive squad together. Has zero pedigree at building a decimated team that needs to rebuild. But maybe the club can actually pull their finger out and get a move on,  decide which way they’re going and appoint the right type of manager quickly!

Edited by Lesta Legend

Just now, Kopfkino said:

10 minutes ago, Babylon said:

So you don't want a man with two promotions in two championship campaigns, but happy to get someone with no experience managing at all. 

There are questions over Parker at the top level, but we aren't in the top level. He wasn't backed at all at Bournmouth and got spanked by a few big teams and lost his job in about 4 games. So he's had one top flight job you can even take notice of. 

Yet a coach with NO management experience led that group of players to comfortable safety.

Avoid

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Pay Potter what he ****ing wants. Get the man in.

Paying people what THEY wanted is what got us into this mess in the first place. If Potter doesn't want the job at a salary reflective of where we are, then fek him. He's not the bloody Messiah everyone thinks he is anyway, and a Brendan style 'overpaying and too much power' contract will once again put us in the 'we can't afford to fire him' position.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, notnow john said:

Yet a coach with NO management experience led that group of players to comfortable safety.

Avoid

You know Parker wouldn't have? He won the one game you'd think they had a chance in, the following three they were never likely to win. 

I've not watched his teams enough to have a firm view on it, but basing an opinion on 4 games is a bit off. 

• Like 1

I really don’t care who we get as long as he can get the team to play going forwards not backwards or across the field . And it would be nice to see our players been able to shield the ball and pass it to a team mate , and maybe bring a centre forward who can whole the ball up and bring team mates into the game . If the new manager can do the above we will be back in the premiership 

• Thanks 1