Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

42 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

This is why I don't want him. We have to surely be thinking long term and want to be back straight the way, so what's the point if the guy is out of his depth in the prem. Get Cambiasso in, get the fans renewing and optimistic.

Long term ?

cambiasso hasn’t ever been a manager yet you consider him a long term option ????? 

• Like 1

Parker took Bournemouth up and then was allowed to bring in 5 players, 3 of which were free transfers and a spend of circa £25m

He had a challenging run of fixtures at the start of the season so was always going to be onto a hiding to nothing given the squad was ill equipped and the club was in the process of a takeover and the outgoing owner reluctant to spend money. Interestingly O’Neill was supported to the tune of over £55m in the January transfer window so I don’t think it’s a fair comparison. 

As for labelling him a yo-yo manager I think that is a little unfair, he is a relatively young manager so highly likely early opportunities will be at clubs who are struggling or yet to establish themselves as an established Premier League club. 

If appointed I will back and support him, judge him on how he performs for us, firstly how he constructs & sets up a squad to compete for promotion and then if he succeeds, how he then does the same at Premier League level. 

As we have experienced before, past or recent history / performance of a manager does not necessarily a barometer for how they will perform with us. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why all the sudden chatter about Parker? Has he gone from being on a list to know being confirmed as the front runner and if so by whom?

Somebody on twitter who claims to be in the know and is followed by the likes of Matt Piper and Owynn Palmer-Atkin reckons it's down to Parker and Smith. It also sounds a very plausible appointment from our board - ie, it has some logic to it but is nonetheless unimaginative, plodding and uninspiring.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Stinky said:

Do people genuinely want us to/think we will sack our manager who has just guided us to promotion because he's been relegated from the PL in the one full season he's done? With a team that has just been promoted may I add lol

That's clearly not going to happen. However, if it IS Parker and if he DOES get us back up, I hope Top is ruthless enough to wield the axe if we're rock bottom after eight games.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

That's clearly not going to happen. However, if it IS Parker and if he DOES get us back up, I hope Top is ruthless enough to wield the axe if we're rock bottom after eight games.

Well that's a bit simplistic not knowing what kind of squad we'd be going back up with, if they genuinely should be much higher up the table or how rooted we are to it. But yes certainly earlier than April would be a good time to get rid if things aren't going anywhere near as they should 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You obviously don't sack someone for getting you promoted. 

But if you do hire a manager that has a track record of getting promoted and then struggling and you don't have a contingency list of potential replacements then that's pure club management tbh. 

But then we let Rodgers get us relegated when Emery, Lopetegui and De Zerbi (at the very least) were out there for the taking so eh. I'm not inspired. 

I think the club's recruitment of players is still much better than a lot of foxestalk want to admit and I'm not overly concerned about our so called rebuild (yet.) But our recruitment of managers has been consistently uninspired for as long as we've had our current ownership. 

Rules us out then. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

You obviously don't sack someone for getting you promoted. 

But if you do hire a manager that has a track record of getting promoted and then struggling and you don't have a contingency list of potential replacements then that's pure club management tbh. 

But then we let Rodgers get us relegated when Emery, Lopetegui and De Zerbi (at the very least) were out there for the taking so eh. I'm not inspired. 

I think the club's recruitment of players is still much better than a lot of foxestalk want to admit and I'm not overly concerned about our so called rebuild (yet.) But our recruitment of managers has been consistently uninspired for as long as we've had our current ownership. 

Emery, Lopetegui and De Zerbi were all out there, but so was Rafa Benitez, and we all know who the board would have laid eyes on first

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

After seeing this on Scott Parker , its a no from me, overly tactical.  Want someone with a bit of this but more heart .  Get english Jesse Marsh vibes with Scott Parker.  My money is on Ruud Van Niselroy or Mark Van Bommel.  Get either, things will happen for this club for the good,  upwards

I was  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

After seeing this on Scott Parker , its a no from me, overly tactical.  Want someone with a bit of this but more heart .  Get english Jesse Marsh vibes with Scott Parker.  My money is on Ruud Van Niselroy or Mark Van Bommel.  Get either, things will happen for this club for the good,  upwards

I was  

I’m not sure you can be overly tactical. I don’t but into this opinion that if you a tactician then you can’t be a man manager as well.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

I think i'd take Parker over Smith tbh, at least it's a new face. Dean Smith still has the relegation stink on him unfortunately 

Yeah this is how I feel. It may seem slightly irrational but I want as few people as possible involved next season who have that stench of total failure hanging around them. 

Interviews are Russian roulette,  just need to give each of the candidates a truth serum to cut out the bulls**t.  I think if you want a manager just to get you a promotion it would be Scott Parker, although we are Leicester so it would probably go the opposite way...it is just the way we do things at our club.  If I was looking to copy and paste Pep/Arteta/Kompany then it would have to be Maresca, perhaps he would be the real deal, as opposed to the self-obsessed/absorbed/arrogant Pep wannabee we had last time.

• Like 2

Well if it IS down to Parker or Smith we should know fairly soon as both are available and there will be no compensation to sort out. If we don't hear anything in the next day or so, it's probably fair to assume they're still looking at other candidates too...