Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think we will given his history in the Championship with Villa and Brentford.

My thought as well, I don't mind it but it's just not very exciting and I feel we really need a completely fresh face! 

14 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Percy: 

Rudkin is also working on appointing a new manager and is understood to have ramped up the interview process this week.

Dean Smith held talks with Rudkin and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha last week in what was effectively an interview, and he remains in contention to land the job on a permanent basis.

Manchester City’s first-team coach Enzo Maresca, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker and Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna are also candidates but a move for Graham Potter, the former Chelsea manager, is regarded as a non-starter following the club’s drop into the Championship.

Is this a new one or just the one from the other day? 

7 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I think we will given his history in the Championship with Villa and Brentford.

What about his disaster with Norwich? :dunno:

The former Aston Villa manager, who oversaw the side’s relegation from the Premier League last season, has been dismissed following the Canaries’ 2-1 loss to Luton Town in the Championship on Boxing Day. That result meant Norwich have won just three of their last 13 league games - losing three of their last four - despite still sitting fifth in the Championship table.

But Smith has struggled to impress the Carrow Road masses during his 13 months at the helm, and a number of disappointing recent displays had seen a large section of supporters become increasingly vocal with their displeasure. 

Supporters had vociferously called for Smith's departure during Monday night's loss at 10-man Luton, the latest signs of growing tension between the club's manager and a fan base who had grown increasingly frustrated by an oft-conservative approach - in stark contrast to predecessor Daniel Farke..

Both sets of fans joined in chants of 'Sacked in the morning' at Kenilworth Road, while Smith had recently made the decision to keep his family away from matches also, something he expanded on post game.

Edited by EnderbyFox

1 minute ago, Jabfox said:

My thought as well, I don't mind it but it's just not very exciting and I feel we really need a completely fresh face! 

Depends who the fresh face is given some of the links with clowsn like Gerrard, Id take Smith all day long. Just seems a genuinely better person, which has to have some impact. 

Smith Villa and Brentford were actually decent to watch, very decent. Certainaly better than most incarnations of Rodgersball.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jabfox said:

Can't help but think they'll just stick with Deano. 

If the interview went well, we keep JT and Shakey, Smith has options to replace Stowell and Saddler, they are aligned on recruitment and they want to get back up in 1 hit, then we should just get this done and move on to the next steps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Percy: 

Rudkin is also working on appointing a new manager and is understood to have ramped up the interview process this week.

Dean Smith held talks with Rudkin and chairman Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha last week in what was effectively an interview, and he remains in contention to land the job on a permanent basis.

Manchester City’s first-team coach Enzo Maresca, Steven Gerrard, Scott Parker and Ipswich’s Kieran McKenna are also candidates but a move for Graham Potter, the former Chelsea manager, is regarded as a non-starter following the club’s drop into the Championship.

Translation - He’s effectively done fvck all so far and has just logged in to Foxestalk to give him some idea of who he should approach 

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, lcfc043 said:

Percy: 

Mckenna or it’s suicide for me I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

The former Aston Villa manager, who oversaw the side’s relegation from the Premier League last season, has been dismissed following the Canaries’ 2-1 loss to Luton Town in the Championship on Boxing Day. That result meant Norwich have won just three of their last 13 league games - losing three of their last four - despite still sitting fifth in the Championship table.

Thing is Norwich did equally bad before and after he left, so the issues are more deep rooted.

Of course they maybe here too, were Shakey and Terry with him at Norwich? I feel as a Trio there is some merit and experience in depth, different ideas compared to one man, one vision one tactic. 

1 minute ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Depends who the fresh face is given some of the links with clowsn like Gerrard, Id take Smith all day long. Just seems a genuinely better person, which has to have some impact. 

Smith Villa and Brentford were actually decent to watch, very decent. Certainaly better than most incarnations of Rodgersball.

Yeah take Smith over Gerrard everyday of the week. 

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This is from a story published today about how we'll demand £50m from Spurs for Maddison.

Yeah I think the Maddison information is new but can’t help but thinking the second bit about the manager search is just repeating the same as what was said before. Let’s hope. Although it sounds so much like the new uninspiring Leicester it unbelievable. 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

If the interview went well, we keep JT and Shakey, Smith has options to replace Stowell and Saddler, they are aligned on recruitment and they want to get back up in 1 hit, then we should just get this done and move on to the next steps.

Yeah good points mate, I think we just need it sorted sooner rather than later so we can focus on pre season and recruitment 

Had a Dream (or nightmare) last night that Gerrard was in charge for first game of the season... James Justin scored a worldie, completely against the run of play... then we drew 1-1... boring game, few moans and groans. 

It felt like a nightmare, but so real at the same time... 

1 minute ago, EnderbyFox said:

They were in a playoff position when he was sacked. They ended up 13th. The grass wasn't greener in this case. Also, Norwich were effing terrible in the PL, and whilst we were obviously rubbish ourselves we took it the the last day. There should be no excuses for someone like Smith not to be keeping us in contention all next season.

Furthermore, I would want JT as part of the team and he didn't take on the Norwich task.

3 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am sure that we do not appreciate how good that team was that came up as Championship winners!!!

We were a premiership team playing in the Championship. We just took all our games in our stride, we had a swagger in our game and pure steel when it came to matches. Our Premier ship win was built in that division,  that is why we did not falter, we had done it all before in the Championship. 

Pearson admitted that he got it all wrong and did not believe that his team could compete playing the way they did in the Championship,  7 wins from the last 9, whenn he released the hand break, and the mauling of United earlier in the league, should have told him this team was ready.

It wasn't a slow start in the league because we could not match who we were coming up against,  our manager was too over cautious and held us back.

Agreed with all this.

And on your last bit, I suppose that links to my comment about Pearson not necessarily being suited to the league. And that’s me saying that with me rating him as the greatest manager I have seen for us. I’m sure that will get piled on by some but I am referring to the behind the scenes work and how he left us both times compared to when he found us rather than greatest achievement in terms of trophy wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jabfox said:

Yeah take Smith over Gerrard everyday of the week. 

If it comes down to the 2, its a no brainer. Smith got way more out of that Villa Squad than Gerrard.

Look also in terms of structure and setup, its no mistake Villa are where they are now, same as Brentford. A good manager builds and ethos, a structure around the club that can last after they have gone, it takes years. The setup Pearson build with us was what won us the league. Claudio was the right man at the right time to get us over the line. The moment he started to change things, the wheels fell of, same with Rodgers. 

Villa just got their next appointment correct with Emery. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

There's taking your time and actually leaving it to long and leaving little time for the new guy to get prepared for next season.

We've 8 weeks left, it looked pretty obvious we were going to go down.  I'd have expected them to have had irons in the fire beforehand to get this moving quicker.

It wasn’t obvious we were. Everton could have lost and we would still be in the PL. the club had to gamble (and yea I know it was a self inflicted gamble). 

As I said, the club probably didn’t even consider relegation until it was confirmed.

The reality is no one knows, journalists get hints and tips, as do the bookies but no one actually knows what’s going on apart from those inside the club. They will be operating with their cards close to their chest, because you can bet your bottom dollar that Leeds will be paying close attention to what we are doing, and if we are looking at someone like Potter, they won’t want it to be too obvious otherwise any premier league team unsure of their coach or Celtic…. May start increasing their interest.

Going on what was alleged to have happened re Rodgers and transfer inputs, the club will already be working on that, so the managerial position won’t impact those decisions. They need to be sure they bring the right person in, we’re all inpatient and want it am done now… we hashed things with Rodgers we can’t hash this again. 

A manager will be appointed soon enough. 

5 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Thing is Norwich did equally bad before and after he left, so the issues are more deep rooted.

Of course they maybe here too, were Shakey and Terry with him at Norwich? I feel as a Trio there is some merit and experience in depth, different ideas compared to one man, one vision one tactic. 

One man, one goal,  one vision, are we hiring Freddie.

This thread is brilliant for the meltdowns over tenuous links and likely bs rumours. "I don't want" "why so long?" and incredibly the amount of foot stamping going on over what exactly ?

This is a decision that is massively important and due diligence is vital surely 🤷‍♂️ The FoxesTalk experts are entertaining though 🤣

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Translation - He’s effectively done fvck all so far and has just logged in to Foxestalk to give him some idea of who he should approach 

Rudkin is in the process of identifying candidates for the vacant manager role. However, there have been delays due to Rudkin's previous sources (Ric Flair from foxes Talk) being the main voice behind the clubs disastrous recruitment of Tete on loan. Rudkin is in the process of looking at other sources (namly Bentleys Roof). 

• Haha 1

I dont know why people seem to turn a nose away from Gerrard, He did very well at Rangers and the Scottish league in quality levels is similar to the Championship so i think he could be successful.

Edited by Simoken
  • Haha 2