Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

22 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I dont know why people seem to turn a nose away from Gerrard, He did very well at Rangers and the Scottish league in quality levels is similar to the Championship so i think he could be successful.

He won 1 trophy out of a possible 12 in his time at Rangers

23 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think it would turn sour with Smith.

Feels like he would get much less grace with the fans should the season start badly, for sure. 

Everybody knows it was far from his fault we went down, but he'll have had enough time - the summer, plus hopefully his pick of the players - to hit the ground running at the start of the season. 

A handful of bad results and I could see it getting very ugly indeed. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Supporters had vociferously called for Smith's departure during Monday night's loss at 10-man Luton, the latest signs of growing tension between the club's manager and a fan base who had grown increasingly frustrated by an oft-conservative approach - in stark contrast to predecessor Daniel Farke..

Both sets of fans joined in chants of 'Sacked in the morning' at Kenilworth Road, while Smith had recently made the decision to keep his family away from matches also, something

...for the attention of our fanbase, this is how you do it!!!

It proves your voice can be heard if you choose to use it. The only problem is that the majority of the fanbase has no idea (just like the club) who is out there.

The statement that  Potter is now out of the running due to us having dropped into the Championship, is that down to Potter saying he is not interested or an assumption by Rudkin that he will not look to consider it. Perhaps all Potter is looking for is someone unwilling to take no for an answer, who believes in the club and who makes saying no to the club, potentially one of the biggest mistakes you could make in your managerial career. Sell the club with some passion, people need to belive in you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think he would be afforded very little time by the fanbase should we start poorly.

Very valid point, hadn't even considered that.

Maybe a complete break from the previous year or two could be very worth it. Fresh start for everyone related to the club; both on the pitch and in the stands. 

In fairness to Smith, if appointed it would then be him moulding his side and not inheriting one on deaths door.

With so much change likely, if his vision is back to what he wanted at Villa and Brentford (pace, front foot, attacking) then I wouldn't be against it. 

We simply need to instill a new hunger with any changes, players keen to step up with us and play for the shirt.

Like most, just want to see who's going and get excited about the replacing of them.

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...for the attention of our fanbase, this is how you do it!!!

It proves your voice can be heard if you choose to use it. The only problem is that the majority of the fanbase has no idea (just like the club) who is out there.

The statement that  Potter is now out of the running due to us having dropped into the Championship, is that down to Potter saying he is not interested or an assumption by Rudkin that he will not look to consider it. Perhaps all Potter is looking for is someone unwilling to take no for an answer, who believes in the club and who makes saying no to the club, potentially one of the biggest mistakes you could make in your managerial career. Sell the club with some passion, people need to belive in you.

Hate to break to you but it was less fierce than anything Leicester fans have done this season. 

Thing that most people bring up is that the brains behind Gerrard at Rangers was his assistant Michael Beale......he did very well with QPR in the championship....and that why they persuaded him to come back to Rangers 

Gerrard didn't have him at Villa and if you look what Villa fans say about Gerrard in their forum is that he's all gun-ho but when that fizzles out he's utterly tactically inept  and clueless in game management.

Probably a Leeds type manager 

Edited by CrispinLA in Texas

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Needs a fresh face for sure.

16 minutes ago, Ricey said:

Smith would be gone by Feb. He’s underwhelming, got a lot wrong in his 8 matches and is tarnished by relegation, even if he only takes a small amount of the blame.

I would risk it and go with McKenna or Maresco as they will feel fresher than Gerrard, Smith or Parker.

Seems i'm in the minority here, but i couldn't disagree more. I'm not some sort of overbearing Dean Smith fan, but i thought he handled a very difficult task with dignity and got something out of the players that Rodgers and Stowell couldn't. He shouldn't be tarnished with that 8 games - thats completely insane (which incidentally, was form that would have kept us safe with more time). If anything he can come into the job with a much clearer vision of what needs doing and hit the ground running. We are a week away from the transfer window opening, so we need to get moving now.

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think it would turn sour with Smith.

Our fan base gave Rodgers  loads of time, but appreciate the situation is now different. I imagine if Smith didn't hit the ground running then there would be issues and the club might need to act, but the should be doing this anyway. I'd rather not be in the position that the club give a poorly performing Maresco more time because this is his first managerial role. Perform, or sling your hook! 

• Like 2

I hope we don't employ Smith. I'd rather get Kieran Mckenna but he probably would rather stay at Ipswich.

Why we didn't we sack Rodgers at the start of the season? I think the coming season will be a disaster with Rudkin in charge.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dayday said:

Been told today Parker is a done deal, but I’ve been told wrong before 

Makes sense. My son is due to play at KP today, but its been moved from 6pm to 4PM. Had a feeling it was press related

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I dont know why people seem to turn a nose away from Gerrard, He did very well at Rangers and the Scottish league in quality levels is similar to the Championship so i think he could be successful.

Like someone mentioned, 1 trophy in 12. Of his 48 signings, 12 turned out good and his brand of football was sh!t...

The board are absolutely clueless the whole club needs a shake up and the appointment of Smith would be lazy, uninspired and shockingly bad. I would go with Parker over Smith if that's all that is available

• Like 1

Let’s all be honest despite Smith being appointed as an interim manager with our owner/dof it was obvious with a couple of results we’d end up giving him the gig… underwhelming yes… a surprise no! Unfortunately we needed a re set top to bottom but realistically other than a shake up of the team all the coaches and parasites behind the scenes like Rudkin will still remain so there will be no change!

• Like 1

Hard to follow what is actually going on here - by the reactions we seem to have appointed Smith AND Parker?

In other words there is no news whatsoever just fake ITK tweets and speculation.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I understand what you're getting at but we aren't Luton and we really should be targeting automatic promotion. If we're mid table at Christmas I'll be pretty fvcking outraged ngl.

I agree.

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

If Parker's a done deal.....I wonder who his backroom staff is.

I hope they keep Shakespeare..... he'll be great having the old timer coaching the players to help the young Scott Parker

Matt Wells is his go-to assistant manager, also usually brings his GK Coach along which will be interesting!

• Like 1

I'm not bothered about a ''project'' at this stage, we need a manager to get us up at the first time of asking, we can talk about projects then. The projects need to be going on over and above the manager i.e binning off the DOF for a start.