Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

Please not Michael Carrick, I’ve watched his team play three times this season, twice against Cov and once against Luton. They were bullied and out fought by their opposition on every occasion and it smelt like Rodgers.

I’d like Michael Duff or JDT. 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

Man Utd in October 2021 were the worst coached team I've seen in recent years and we've seen Rodgers' team in that time.

No logic whatsoever to going anywhere near Solskjaer.

It literally makes zero sense. It would be a completely bonkers appointment - you just know we'd end up sacking him in December when we're fourth from bottom of the Championship with a completely demoralized squad. Yet a part of me fears that our board is capable of actually doing it...

28 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Stop making shit up.

I quoted who I want ...like the thread asks.

How the hell could I know who we want as manager when the season is not even finished? 

What am I making up exactly? You mentioned Ole and as you have claimed to be ITK previously I assumed that was based on something you'd heard

46 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Tbf doubt they'd allow some of the shite that's been on the pitch. Performing like that, getting into the changing room and seeing Alan Brazils massive bright red head spitting with rage lol

I mean he looks like someone's left some spam in a tanning bed at all times, how would you tell when he's red with rage?

• Haha 1

Whatever happens the club need to move fast, literally within a week after this sh*tshow of a season is over we need to get someone in 

Absolutely vital the new man has plenty of time over pre season to go through the whole squad with a fine tooth comb and reset 

Whoever it is I hope they get the players back a bit earlier then normal for pre season, whether that can be done or not I'm not sure, but most of these lads need a massive rocket up their arse 

8 minutes ago, copunk said:

Whatever happens the club need to move fast, literally within a week after this sh*tshow of a season is over we need to get someone in 

Absolutely vital the new man has plenty of time over pre season to go through the whole squad with a fine tooth comb and reset 

Whoever it is I hope they get the players back a bit earlier then normal for pre season, whether that can be done or not I'm not sure, but most of these lads need a massive rocket up their arse 

Move fast lol good luck. Look how long it took them to fire Rodgers. About 18 months too late.

Seeing as we’ll go for the same old names I can see us going for Vieira. I know it went down hill at palace but he got them to 12th the season before and the fa cup semis. At Nice he finished 7th. I just hope if they do he reinvents himself like Silva did at Fulham. 

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

It literally makes zero sense. It would be a completely bonkers appointment - you just know we'd end up sacking him in December when we're fourth from bottom of the Championship with a completely demoralized squad. Yet a part of me fears that our board is capable of actually doing it...

I dunno, I just don't see us doing that well. 

I admire your optimistic view though. 👍

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Seeing as we’ll go for the same old names I can see us going for Vieira. I know it went down hill at palace but he got them to 12th the season before and the fa cup semis. At Nice he finished 7th. I just hope if they do he reinvents himself like Silva did at Fulham. 

I was keen on Vieira to replace Rodgers. The end of him time at Palace was poor but he did some good building there, and he seems the sort who may be keen to rebuild again. Probably for the best he didn't come in for the last 8 games, but next season is a good shout for me.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

probably something to do with the cryptic "hold onto that" when people reacted negatively to having OGS in charge 

So just to clarify, we AREN’T actually being linked with Solskjaer after all? It was just a Preki? 

1 hour ago, cropstonfox said:

Wayne Rooney  spotted on ring road near Fosse park  last week.

Imagine the absolute press circus of the the Vardys and Rooneys in neighbouring boxes. There'd be more more cameramen with their lenses pointing into the stand than onto the pitch. On second thoughts, anything that takes the focus off the play on the pitch would be welcome.

10 hours ago, copunk said:

Most of these " lads " won't even be here to get back early. I don't think people have quite grasped the enormity of the task ahead for this club in the next season. Nothing short of a complete rebuild from top to bottom is needed if we are to have any chance to bounce straight back and frankly, I can't see that happening under Top. We are so deep in the sh*t it beggars belief.

• Like 3

Another left field suggestion and maybe a risk but in a similar mould to Carrick, wonder if the club would consider Ryan Mason, worked under Poch as a coach and has done well when asked to step in as caretaker Manager. 

Is young, has fresh ideas, is building a good reputation and will have decent contacts when it comes to recruiting promising young talent on loan. 

46 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Another left field suggestion and maybe a risk but in a similar mould to Carrick, wonder if the club would consider Ryan Mason, worked under Poch as a coach and has done well when asked to step in as caretaker Manager. 

Is young, has fresh ideas, is building a good reputation and will have decent contacts when it comes to recruiting promising young talent on loan. 

It's the sort of punt other clubs would take and it work.