Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

Hard to follow what is actually going on here - by the reactions we seem to have appointed Smith AND Parker?

In other words there is no news whatsoever just fake ITK tweets and speculation.

Although many think we have appointed Potter and all the other names are just a ruse (Potter is the Maya Jama of management you see).  

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Hard to follow what is actually going on here - by the reactions we seem to have appointed Smith AND Parker?

In other words there is no news whatsoever just fake ITK tweets and speculation.

Joint managers

4 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Although many think we have appointed Potter and all the other names are just a ruse (Potter is the Maya Jama of management you see).  

I'd have Maya Jama over all of them

F*** just read an article by Josh Cole in the online FLW Football League World interviewing 3 prominent sports journalists who give reasons why Leicester shouldn't employ Scott Parker........ generally saying that he's not good enough long term and utterly rubbish when managing in the Premier League.....

Don't know what to think now.....good enough for the championship but not good enough for the Premier League 🤔

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

F*** just read an article by Josh Cole in the online FLW Football League World interviewing 3 prominent sports journalists who give reasons why Leicester shouldn't employ Scott Parker........ generally saying that he's not good enough long term and utterly rubbish when managing in the Premier League.....

Don't know what to think now.....good enough for the championship but not good enough for the Premier League 🤔

Well, then we just sack him right? Do what Bournemouth did and show no mercy. 

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Like 4

"I'd rather have Parker over Smith"

The club are the playing an absolute blinder here, they know Smith would be seen as lazy and uninspiring, so the idea of Scott Parker seems much better. 

I'll take it all back if they actually pull their finger out but this is pretty much what I expect they'd want the fan base to be thinking.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

To be fair, him getting promoted is the priority. If he turns out not to be good enough for the premier league if we get there then we can deal with that. 

• Like 3

Imagine taking a week and two games to hire an unemployed manager who would have worked for peanuts. 

AND then taking so many weeks after the season to hire one of two unemployed managers who would have happily have taken the job for peanuts. 

And some people tell me “at least we are in safe hands”.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Imagine taking a week and two games to hire an unemployed manager who would have worked for peanuts. 

AND then taking so many weeks after the season to hire one of two unemployed managers who would have happily have taken the job for peanuts. 

And some people tell me “at least we are in safe hands”.

Makes me wonder if Maresca is the target and the club are just waiting until Man City's season is finished before announcing.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Smith is pretty much this generation's Hughes/Pardew, just totally uninspiring with no obvious style or USP to him. At a time where clubs at this level are (successfully) going for top ex pros early on in their managerial career like Burnley and Blackburn have, we have a lot of potential, the facilities and pretty much the opportunity to start from scratch. Some fans call the situation a mess but to a project-building manager it's an appealing blank canvas. The supposed fact that we aren't interested in anybody who doesn't have PL/Championship experience says a lot about the credentials of our board. Cast the net wide you bastards. 

• Like 4

Percy’s article hasn’t told us anything we didn’t already know! We knew smith was going to be in the running, and Tanner said they spoke to him the other week….. it doesn’t mean he will the chosen…. It means the club have had the decency to at least speak with him. It doesn’t mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 

Personally I think they’re waiting for Man City to complete their final game and then approach Maresca…. Something intrigues me about him and k don’t know why. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1