Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Needs a fresh face for sure.

I think you are correct. We need a complete revamp of the Coaching set-up.  No remnants of last season´s sh*t show retained.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Percy’s article hasn’t told us anything we didn’t already know! We knew Amirh was going to be in the running, and Tanner said they spoke to him the other week….. it doesn’t mean he will the chosen…. It means the club have had the decency to at least speak with him. It doesn’t mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 

Personally I think they’re waiting for Man City to complete their final game and then approach Maresca…. Something intrigues me about him and k don’t know why. 

Who's Amirh?

3 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Getting the feeling it’s potter 

If he wants a job this summer he's running out of options if Moyes stays at West Ham. But if the reports are correct that he won't consider dropping a division, then he's not coming - unless of course those reports are a smokescreen...

6 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Vincent Kompany got Burnley if all teams playing great stuff, who previously had been playing 442 for the best part of 5 years. Hamza is definitely not the most technically gifted but you never now what a good coach can do, look at Joelinton at Newcastle as a player that reinvented themselves under better coaching. 

Those saying we just need to get promoted and shouldn’t get a project manager - I disagree. It takes time to change the culture and way of playing, which is extremely difficult in the competitive nature of the Premier League. The Championship is a great place to lay the foundations for a new identity and style of play. Otherwise we are just going to be yo-yo’ing around. 

Agree, time to get back to a plan and build an identity that lives beyond individual players and managers. We’ve been fair to reliant on that the past few years. Just enamoured with Brendan, so when the wheels fell off (which took some time) we still weren’t ready to replace.

Same with the players who will leave now. We have no real way of bringing them in because the team structure is pending the manager and we probably have no idea who that is. 

Really need to get moving on this asap 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

If he wants a job this summer he's running out of options if Moyes stays at West Ham. But if the reports are correct that he won't consider dropping a division, then he's not coming - unless of course those reports are a smokescreen...

I suspect that he won't have much choice about dropping a division if he wants a swift return to football management. Don't know the situation at Palace but otherwise he'll have to wait until at least the first round of PL sackings and hope for a chance (not forgetting that he'll be competing against the likes of Rodgers). Risky and could be out of a job for sometime making it difficult to get back. You'd hope that LCFC are one of the top jobs outside of the PL. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Percy’s article hasn’t told us anything we didn’t already know! We knew smith was going to be in the running, and Tanner said they spoke to him the other week….. it doesn’t mean he will the chosen…. It means the club have had the decency to at least speak with him. It doesn’t mean a lot in the grand scheme of things. 

Personally I think they’re waiting for Man City to complete their final game and then approach Maresca…. Something intrigues me about him and k don’t know why. 

certainly would be the plan if we are interested in him

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I suspect that he won't have much choice about dropping a division if he wants a swift return to football management. Don't know the situation at Palace but otherwise he'll have to wait until at least the first round of PL sackings and hope for a chance (not forgetting that he'll be competing against the likes of Rodgers). Risky and could be out of a job for sometime making it difficult to get back. You'd hope that LCFC are one of the top jobs outside of the PL. 

Palace have no way near the recruitment infrastructure that Brighton have, they're constantly working through short-term options to stay afloat as their commercial revenues is so low comparatively. 

So doesn't seem like a good fit to me, albeit Parish is a wily operator. 

If it is to be Scott Parker, I’m not going to turn my nose up at a guy who has two promotions in two Championship seasons. The only question mark would be whether he is good enough to be a long term fix, history would say no. 

Smith had his audition and failed, he did nothing to convince me that he’s the right appointment on a permanent basis.

From Percy’s list, McKenna is the most intriguing. His Ipswich side were getting rave reviews last season from opposition fans and pundits, stating that they were by far the best team to watch in League One. 

McKenna for me, if not him then Parker.

• Like 1