Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

They need to think of the atmosphere round the club if they go for smith. It’s going to be really flat from the first game and we know what happened last season with that. They need a fresh face to come in and lift it. Smith is still is an unhelpful reminder of last season regardless of whether it was his fault or not. But as usual, they won’t read the room. I’d prefer Parker. ****ing hell, how far we’ve fallen. 😡

It was flat because the manager made it flat and allowed it to be flat. Its a managers job to build an ethos and a team spirit. obviously repeatedly telling your squad they arent good enough isnt going to help.

It needs a character to turn it around I think Smith, Shakey and Terry are characters.

You can bring in a fresh face like Gerrard who wil lstill be stale and shit because they is the ethos the club has in place, I dont feel  Gerrard has the character to change that. 

2 hours ago, Nolucklcfc said:

They need to think of the atmosphere round the club if they go for smith. It’s going to be really flat from the first game and we know what happened last season with that. They need a fresh face to come in and lift it. Smith is still is an unhelpful reminder of last season regardless of whether it was his fault or not. But as usual, they won’t read the room. I’d prefer Parker. ****ing hell, how far we’ve fallen. 😡

The Smith games were the noisiest i went to all season!

3 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

It was flat because the manager made it flat and allowed it to be flat. Its a managers job to build an ethos and a team spirit. obviously repeatedly telling your squad they arent good enough isnt going to help.

It needs a character to turn it around I think Smith, Shakey and Terry are characters.

You can bring in a fresh face like Gerrard who wil lstill be stale and shit because they is the ethos the club has in place, I dont feel  Gerrard has the character to change that. 

I agree but I don’t think smith is the man to take us forward personally. Nothing against him but it’s just a bit underwhelming 

3 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

The Smith games were the noisiest i went to all season!

We were clinging onto absolutely anything we had to be honest, football as still crap but I don’t blame him for that, just think it needs someone fresh 

• Like 1

Just now, Nolucklcfc said:

I agree but I don’t think smith is the man to take us forward personally. Nothing against him but it’s just a bit underwhelming 

All the names are underwhelming to be honest, I guess thats where we are as a championship club.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I suspect that he won't have much choice about dropping a division if he wants a swift return to football management. Don't know the situation at Palace but otherwise he'll have to wait until at least the first round of PL sackings and hope for a chance (not forgetting that he'll be competing against the likes of Rodgers). Risky and could be out of a job for sometime making it difficult to get back. You'd hope that LCFC are one of the top jobs outside of the PL. 

For the past few weeks there's been a debate between those who always thought Potter would never drop down to manage us in the Championship and those who thought we'd still be an attractive proposition for him. I've been in the latter camp because I assumed he'd prefer a rebuild job - albeit in a division below - rather than being appointed to a club in a mess midway through next season. However, over the past few days several journalists - and some apparent ITKs on here - have been claiming that Potter has turned us down again. I can't argue with them as I don't claim ITK status,  but I'm slightly surprised as I thought he'd at least keep us as an option if the West Ham and Spurs jobs weren't available...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Babylon said:

So you don't want a man with two promotions in two championship campaigns, but happy to get someone with no experience managing at all. 

There are questions over Parker at the top level, but we aren't in the top level. He wasn't backed at all at Bournmouth and got spanked by a few big teams and lost his job in about 4 games. So he's had one top flight job you can even take notice of. 

Fair enough, but lost a load of games at Fulham didn't he?

2 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

For the past few weeks there's been a debate between those who always thought Potter would never drop down to manage us in the Championship and those who thought we'd still be an attractive proposition for him. I've been in the latter camp because I assumed he'd prefer a rebuild job - albeit in a division below - rather than being appointed to a club in a mess midway through next season. However, over the past few days several journalists - and some apparent ITKs on here - have been claiming that Potter has turned us down again. I can't argue with them as I don't claim ITK status,  but I'm slightly surprised as I thought he'd at least keep us as an option if the West Ham and Spurs jobs weren't available...

The thing for Potter is he doesnt need to consider things right here, right now. 

Dyche was in a similar situation last season. He sat, waited and is now Everton manager - certainly wasnt the easiest of jobs but being manager of PL Everton is far bigger than his last job and any job in the Championship. Things change during a season, jobs come available. If we didnt have a man child and his puppet running this club, we shouldve been the surprise, golden job of last season. 

Managers start badly. Someone gets sacked who you dont expect. And like that you're the number one target. Potentially West Ham, Wolves, Brighton (if De Zerbi does get poached), Fulham, Everton are all jobs where a few wrong turns in the opening few weeks of the season and all of a sudden they are looking. They are all currently bigger and better jobs than Leicester. Potter has just managed Chelsea - his step down is a 7 - lower mid premier league club. Coming to us would set him back years. I just dont see why he would do it and especially at a club with such issues. 

• Like 3

The 3 Amigos..had their chance to lift the depression,and grab Forelorn players by the britches and pull them through main games.

Leeds, Everton were musts, & they couldn’t turn any major  points, & produce points from a few hard games,that Forest, Everton then Bournemouth  shown they could..

I want a full reassessment,then with new manager on board a rebuild that gives a sound base,for further developement..

• Like 4

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Probably get slagged for this, but I wouldn’t mind Nathan Jones. Work he did at Luton was fantastic, both jobs he went into were both basket case clubs. I know we’re a bit of a basket case at the minute, but we’ve got a lot of deadwood already out the door and if KP are getting the wallet out something to actually build on. And at least if it goes tits up we know it’ll be guaranteed entertainment.

Be lucky to get employed again the state of some of his interviews at the end with Southampton.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Long term ?

cambiasso hasn’t ever been a manager yet you consider him a long term option ????? 

Yeah I do actually. Consumate professional, worked under some top coaches, strikes me as an Arteta type who will turn into a great coach. Obviously it's a gamble, but exciting and will get the fans on board.

McKenna for me. The main attribute we need from our next manager is enthusiasm to be here. We don’t need a manager who’s been at loads of other clubs. We need somebody who sees us a step up and has the hunger to prove themselves. 

If it’s not a McKenna, I’d like us to go for Duff. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Probably get slagged for this, but I wouldn’t mind Nathan Jones. Work he did at Luton was fantastic, both jobs he went into were both basket case clubs. I know we’re a bit of a basket case at the minute, but we’ve got a lot of deadwood already out the door and if KP are getting the wallet out something to actually build on. And at least if it goes tits up we know it’ll be guaranteed entertainment.

No, just no. Cretin kept spitting like a camel on the touchline.

Just now, Adster said:

Why not? 

Just got them promoted, turned the club around really, had the backing to bring players in. I just can't see him going through the whole process again here, when he's started it at Ipswich and we're now at the same level.

• Haha 1