Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

He's just started from scratch at Ipswich, I just can't see him doing it again. He risks undoing all that work. If he comes here and we're midtable after 10 games then people are going to want him out.

Edited by Fox92
spelling

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Going on what was alleged to have happened re Rodgers and transfer inputs, the club will already be working on that, so the managerial position won’t impact those decisions. They need to be sure they bring the right person in, we’re all inpatient and want it am done now… we hashed things with Rodgers we can’t hash this again. 

A manager will be appointed soon enough. 

..the possibility of Rudkin giving Potter a similar salary to Rodgers for him to come here is still a possibility!!!

How we continue to put our trust in this DoF, we really are gambling with our future.

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

He's just started from scratch at Ipswich, I just can't see him doing it again. He risks undoing all that work. If he comes he're and we're midtable after 10 games then people are going to want him out.

Given the chance to work with Rudkin, it will be a no brainer.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's just started from scratch at Ipswich, I just can't see him doing it again. He risks undoing all that work. If he comes he're and we're midtable after 10 games then people are going to want him out.

Managers seldom think like that, he'd back himself and will see it as a much better shot of catapulting himself in to thr PL.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I don’t think that would be an issue. McKenna seems to have a very identifiable style of management, and deploys pretty robust tactics. Ipswich over the last two seasons, since his arrival have scored more goals, created more goal scoring opportunities, completed more passes and retained the highest rate of possession in the league, all whilst playing in an front footed aggressive style. 

Basically he’s taken the good bits from Rodgers philosophy and has applied a bit of Jose too. Reading into Ipswich they’ve been the football writers favourite team to watch outside of the premier league, they’re exciting, energetic and score lots of goals. 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

he wont here either................................

4 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Given the chance to work with Rudkin, it will be a no brainer.

To be fair the DOF at Ipswich is an absolute toss pot who nearly bankrupted Bristol City.

He signed 36 players in his first season at Ipswich and nearly did the same to them!

4 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I don’t think that would be an issue. McKenna seems to have a very identifiable style of management, and deploys pretty robust tactics. Ipswich over the last two seasons, since his arrival have scored more goals, created more goal scoring opportunities, completed more passes and retained the highest rate of possession in the league, all whilst playing in an front footed aggressive style. 

Basically he’s taken the good bits from Rodgers philosophy and has applied a bit of Jose too. Reading into Ipswich they’ve been the football writers favourite team to watch outside of the premier league, they’re exciting, energetic and score lots of goals. 

It is mad Ipswich didn't win the league. They scored over 100 goals. The GF, GA, Points are there for all to see. I would go for him in reality just don't think he'd leave (yet).

Just now, Fox92 said:

It is mad Ipswich didn't win the league. They scored over 100 goals. The GF, GA, Points are there for all to see. I would go for him in reality just don't think he'd leave (yet).

He would, as a young coach imagine Leicester coming for you….. biggest budget in the league and a licence to build a team in his image….. he would definitely be interested. It would be a huge step in his career. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frany104 said:

McKenna for me. The main attribute we need from our next manager is enthusiasm to be here. We don’t need a manager who’s been at loads of other clubs. We need somebody who sees us a step up and has the hunger to prove themselves. 

If it’s not a McKenna, I’d like us to go for Duff. 

Yep. And from what I can see, he says that Rodgers is an inspiration in terms of his development and pathway in coaching.

I wasn't keen when I first read about the inspiration thing, but in that context I don't see a problem with it. 

Just because he admires the route Rodgers has taken as somebody with a seemingly similar background, doesn't mean he is going to be divisive and egotistical like him. 

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Spot on. We're still framing this from our 'down-in-the-dumps' position of being the biggest bin fire in English football. We aren't. Every neutral is looking at us and wondering how we went down and expects us to bounce straight back even if we lose big names.

• Like 2

Dean Smith would be absolutely fine, and Graham Potter is not the messiah.

We do need a lot of players, but the clock is ticking and the finances are uncertain, so to some degree we are going to have to take what we can get. The next few months won't be a grand rebuild where we can shape the team to the playing style of a dynamic new manager. Instead, we are going to start the season with a hastily assembled Frankenstein's monster of a team, and we need a manager who can roll with it in terms of strategy. I actually think Dean Smith, while not perfect, is more capable of that than someone like Potter (personally I thought he demonstrated this very clearly in the Newcastle game).

The last thing we need is some under-experienced Pep acolytle who wants to get Vestergaard, Hamza and ANO Hoofer from Notts County playing a possession-based, high-pressing game. 

Edited by MonkeyTennis?

20 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

we're now at the same level.

We're really not. We're in the same league, we're not at the same level.

That would be like us last year pretending to be on the same level as United or Liverpool, let alone Man City.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

The 3 Amigos..had their chance to lift the depression,and grab Forelorn players by the britches and pull them through main games.

Leeds, Everton were musts, & they couldn’t turn any major  points, & produce points from a few hard games,that Forest, Everton then Bournemouth  shown they could..

I want a full reassessment,then with new manager on board a rebuild that gives a sound base,for further developement..

Who are we thinking then? 

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just got them promoted, turned the club around really, had the backing to bring players in. I just can't see him going through the whole process again here, when he's started it at Ipswich and we're now at the same level.

Come on, don't be silly. 

Take these blue tinted specs off for a moment. Regardless of whether you're still down in the dumps because we're relagated, the prospect of a rebuild at a recent premier league champion, with likely increased wages for him and a better squad of players rather than tussling it out with a recently promoted club, just trying to stay in the division? 

Come on. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

He's just started from scratch at Ipswich, I just can't see him doing it again. He risks undoing all that work. If he comes here and we're midtable after 10 games then people are going to want him out.

And if he’s bottom with Ipswich after 10 games then he’s lost his chance of getting a side into the premier league. Works both ways. 

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Too risky for him, if Ipswich hit the ground running early in the season he’ll probably get offered a prem job anyway 

With who? First round of sackings, he will potentially be competing with Potter and Rodgers etc for the job. I doubt he'll be any PL sides first choice appointment mid season. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How much ric ??????

Just now, st albans fox said:

How much ric ??????

Barnes, Maddison for certain. Possibly Ndidi, Praet, Soumare, Castagne, Ricky. Hopefully not but maybe Kelechi, Daka, JJ.

We might be set up to lose a fair few but it won't be for free. There's going to be some not insignificant budget here. Think 100m is moderately conservative if we reinvest 100% of what we make. 

• Like 1