Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, Adster said:

Come on, don't be silly. 

Take these blue tinted specs off for a moment. Regardless of whether you're still down in the dumps because we're relagated, the prospect of a rebuild at a recent premier league champion, with likely increased wages for him and a better squad of players rather than tussling it out with a recently promoted club, just trying to stay in the division? 

Come on. 

True I may be a bit disapointed with everything still.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

The financial regs are completely different to the PL. we will have the biggest budget in the league and that’s without selling players. 

Our finances are not in a state, FFP stood in the way.

And the losses we’ve made in recent years - and the loans we’ve secured against EPL income that now looks to be significantly less than expected …. are those things different in the championship, too? 

34 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

That’s good. And once they’ve considered him, had a good giggle and a glass of wine …… they can cross his feckin’ name out and move on to the proper candidates. 

If the club is actually 'considering' Gerrard, I hope they take the time to read this article on his time at Villa. Brutal.

https://www.90min.com/posts/steven-gerrard-what-went-wrong-aston-villa

• Thanks 2

The one positive from all of this, is that the club have managed to keep their cards close to their chest. The ITKs have been very quiet and no signs of managers going in and out of Seagrave. 

Although it may just be because Rudkin is on holiday for a couple of weeks first and will start the process next week!!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don't agree. I think all the premier league sides would want a 'bigger name' than Mckenna. I think he's perfect for us (or Leeds, or Celtic)

That's what I'm saying pal. The comment I replied to was saying that Mckenna will go to a PL side mid season this year. I'm saying that the competition for those spots will be fierce with the likes of Potter and Rodgers. 

McKenna is much more suited to us or if it WAS a PL side, it would be in the summer which would give him the best chance to succeed. 

• Like 2

Really cant see us paying anyone compensation for their gaffers ie; Tommason, mckenna etc. One name popped in my head as a stop gap just to see us up (maybe)

Slavisa Jokanovic Decent championship manager, are we ultimately setting our sights to high for what inevitably Rudkin will end up wanting? Top just seems to nod along with what he says

FyHA_SdWYAQ3M24.jpg

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

...absolutely what I have been saying, if you cannot see this opportunity, you should not be in football management!!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

And the losses we’ve made in recent years - and the loans we’ve secured against EPL income that now looks to be significantly less than expected …. are those things different in the championship, too? 

No, but the significant difference is KP can pump money back into the club again. The reasons for those loans were to ensure they complied with FFP. If the club are saying they’re going to provide a huge budget for the new manager then I’m pretty sure they’re able to provide one.

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

No, but the significant difference is KP can pump money back into the club again. The reasons for those loans were to ensure they complied with FFP. If the club are saying they’re going to provide a huge budget for the new manager then I’m pretty sure they’re able to provide one.

Fingers crossed you’re right - because, man, do we need a huge injection of life into the playing squad. 🤞

Smith or Parker would be unimaginative at best and a last minute punt into the box last minute kind of appointment. Which is probably where we're at as a club at the moment.

Appointing Gerrard would be continued negligence though. Even some surface level research into his time as a manager you can see it went drastically downhill for him when Michael Beale moved on. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Craig said:

Yep. And from what I can see, he says that Rodgers is an inspiration in terms of his development and pathway in coaching.

I wasn't keen when I first read about the inspiration thing, but in that context I don't see a problem with it. 

Just because he admires the route Rodgers has taken as somebody with a seemingly similar background, doesn't mean he is going to be divisive and egotistical like him. 

...taking advice from Rodgers and getting the layout of who to trust and who can be manipulated is a bit of a worry!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Simoken said:

I think its going to be Gerrard.

I certainly ****ing hope not.

I think it will be McKenna, or Maresca. If it isn’t either of them it will be Smith. Parker is probably the last option.

6 minutes ago, Timmys Super Foxes said:

Really cant see us paying anyone compensation for their gaffers ie; Tommason, mckenna etc. One name popped in my head as a stop gap just to see us up (maybe)

Slavisa Jokanovic Decent championship manager, are we ultimately setting our sights to high for what inevitably Rudkin will end up wanting?

I would hope we would pay compensation for the best manager available - as works out cheaper rather than appointing a manager who is out of contract if that were the only reason for appointment. I can't understand any enthusiasm for  Gerrard unless we are only interested in failed Villa mangers.

I have said before - we should not be looking at managers who can only get us out of Championship. This suggests that person may fail in PL: in which case we  are looking to get a new manager after start of a PL season. Any appointment must have ability to make progress in PL. My choice remains McKenna whom I think would do a good job and I think would take the job if offered. (Potter would be good also, but I don't think that's possibility currently.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

What about the loss in revenue we’ve got to cover? Big gamble if we go and blow it all, it literally HAS to pay off. 

Strap in and enjoy the ride I guess. 

...we get the money for final placing in the league and a parachute payment, along with player sales!!!

This season we have the monies to fight to get back the first time.

Rudkin is just lazy, I cant think of any other explanation. He probably thinks the shortlist has to be simple because theres pressure on him to move fast... very worrying if thats the best list we can come up with. 

I don't get why McKenna gets mentioned regularly but Steven Schumacher barely gets a nod and his team finished above Ipswich with a vastly lower budget.

Schumacher's the sort of up and coming manager that would thrive at Leicester.

I'd be interested to see how Plymouth do next season if they hang onto him

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

The one positive from all of this, is that the club have managed to keep their cards close to their chest. The ITKs have been very quiet and no signs of managers going in and out of Seagrave. 

Although it may just be because Rudkin is on holiday for a couple of weeks first and will start the process next week!!

Rudkin is probably on holiday until July 1st transfer window dosent open until then so why bother preparing for it before it opens