Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

6 minutes ago, MonarchFox said:

I don't get why McKenna gets mentioned regularly but Steven Schumacher barely gets a nod and his team finished above Ipswich with a vastly lower budget.

Schumacher's the sort of up and coming manager that would thrive at Leicester.

I'd be interested to see how Plymouth do next season if they hang onto him

Why would McKenna come he's just got promoted to the same league as us

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Without being snobbish here, we'll be in a different financial pool than Ipswich. He'd have more money, more wages and a complete blank canvas of a club with big recent history.

He's done an absolutely incredible job there, with the tight budget etc. But it'll be a mammoth task keeping them up and playing well. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

Ha ha we aren’t getting £100m to spend. We were already making massive losses despite earning a fortune. Plus we will have to pay the remaining wages left here at huge amounts as well as the loans.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Why would you go to a job paying 5 times the amount when you do the same job where you are…

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lcfcbluearmy said:

Rudkin is probably on holiday until July 1st transfer window dosent open until then so why bother preparing for it before it opens

...the transfer window opens 14th of June 2023 and closes 1st of September 2023!!!

The International window opens 1st of July 2023, when we can purchase players from overseas.

17 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

...we are a big opportunity for him to get into the Premiership!!!

Strangely I would have a lot of respect if he stayed there to see it through, although we may miss out on a potentially good manager.

10 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Lampard or Gerrard and you can almost certainly write off promotion 

I think you can write off promotion now unless we experience another 5000-1 shot. We have a board who can't make the correct decisions when everyone knows they are needed eg Rodgers should have been sacked 6 months before he was, His policy was the self destruction of LCFC.

We will have lost key players for no fees, the other key players will all probably be sold so where does that leave us? 

What inspirational manager will take on this brief starting with a virtually new squad of players with the objective a quick return to the premier League. Who wants to risk their reputation, I can't imagine what players will want to leave premier clubs for a Championship team, I suspect none? The players image 'brand' is enhanced by TV viewing figures of billions around the world and even an average player can look pretty good playing with some of the super-stars.

Championship teams who achieve promotion have squads who have played together for a few years and like Burnley do this by only losing a few matches.

How on earth is a new manager whoever he is going the achieve a quick return starting with a blank sheet. If we had retained a core of our best players to build on fine to start with, but we will not even have that and if we are mid table by the end of the next season then that would be a result. 

2 minutes ago, Stinky said:

The right appointment can take some of the gloom away from the club and take it away from some of our most miserable fans too. Dean Smith just doesn't do that for me, nor do many others we've been linked with. 

Will we be relegated in one years time with Smith in charge? If so, stick a bet on it :ph34r:

9 minutes ago, Stinky said:

The right appointment can take some of the gloom away from the club and take it away from some of our most miserable fans too. Dean Smith just doesn't do that for me, nor do many others we've been linked with. 

Would Maya Jama work for you?

13 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love this club. I’ve spent a long time telling a lot of people how great it is. However, right now, I’ll admit to you lot we are not that great, especially if you are sat outside. 

It’s like any job, say you were going for a position and were told the CEO/reporting director was an idiot, aggressive, non responsive, had poor communication etc. you’d be thinking twice if you consider it at all. It’s why websites like Glassdoor are so popular. It’s why companies pay so much for the correct HR person (it wasn’t always the case), encourage the “right culture” etc. it’s because they want to attract the best. 

The same applies to football. Let’s look at the last year. No signings. Manager who felt hoodwinked on that. Many back room staff have jumped ship. A DOF who isn’t held in high regard by his peers. An owner who comes across as absent, negligent. Captain leaves without replacement.  One of the most surprising relegations in recent times. If you’re sat outside, you’re thinking, something ain’t right here. People talk. Rodgers talks. Rodgers agent talks. Players and their agents talk. Support staff talk. A message begins to spread and culture is established - no one needs to step into Seagrave. Whether that is right or wrong, this is part of our public perception. 

When you look at the sales, potential money on the table, project, size of the club. The stadium, training ground. Wow, what a project. But when you consider the poor leadership, the Chairman, the DOF, the squad and what will remain. The treatment of loyal staff. It isn’t as great and rightly so.

That’s why we have the list we do. It’s someone who needs a way in, a little bit desperate. Someone whose settled in a position may look at Leicester and think, maybe they isn’t the big break. And I think that’s the realisation even the club haven’t got yet. We are not as great a job as others currently have. 

Then you look at the wages and realise your family is set for life and take the job. 

1 minute ago, Samilktray said:

This kind of loser mentality is what will lead to us appointing Dean Smith on a 3 year contract 

I think its more reality than loser mentality when it comes to money but Smith would probably command the same as this Mckena so don't really matter

Edited by whoareyaaa

24 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I love this club. I’ve spent a long time telling a lot of people how great it is. However, right now, I’ll admit to you lot we are not that great, especially if you are sat outside. 

It’s like any job, say you were going for a position and were told the CEO/reporting director was an idiot, aggressive, non responsive, had poor communication etc. you’d be thinking twice if you consider it at all. It’s why websites like Glassdoor are so popular. It’s why companies pay so much for the correct HR person (it wasn’t always the case), encourage the “right culture” etc. it’s because they want to attract the best. 

The same applies to football. Let’s look at the last year. No signings. Manager who felt hoodwinked on that. Many back room staff have jumped ship. A DOF who isn’t held in high regard by his peers. An owner who comes across as absent, negligent. Captain leaves without replacement.  One of the most surprising relegations in recent times. If you’re sat outside, you’re thinking, something ain’t right here. People talk. Rodgers talks. Rodgers agent talks. Players and their agents talk. Support staff talk. A message begins to spread and culture is established - no one needs to step into Seagrave. Whether that is right or wrong, this is part of our public perception. 

When you look at the sales, potential money on the table, project, size of the club. The stadium, training ground. Wow, what a project. But when you consider the poor leadership, the Chairman, the DOF, the squad and what will remain. The treatment of loyal staff. It isn’t as great and rightly so.

That’s why we have the list we do. It’s someone who needs a way in, a little bit desperate. Someone whose settled in a position may look at Leicester and think, maybe they isn’t the big break. And I think that’s the realisation even the club haven’t got yet. We are not as great a job as others currently have. 

Sad but true :cry:

2 hours ago, Old Fox said:

he wont here either................................

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

How much ric ??????

We will raise well over £120m in transfer fees. We'll spend the majority of it and gamble.

34 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Ha ha we aren’t getting £100m to spend. We were already making massive losses despite earning a fortune. Plus we will have to pay the remaining wages left here at huge amounts as well as the loans.

We will do and it'll end in disaster

24 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

I think you can write off promotion now unless we experience another 5000-1 shot. We have a board who can't make the correct decisions when everyone knows they are needed eg Rodgers should have been sacked 6 months before he was, His policy was the self destruction of LCFC.

We will have lost key players for no fees, the other key players will all probably be sold so where does that leave us? 

What inspirational manager will take on this brief starting with a virtually new squad of players with the objective a quick return to the premier League. Who wants to risk their reputation, I can't imagine what players will want to leave premier clubs for a Championship team, I suspect none? The players image 'brand' is enhanced by TV viewing figures of billions around the world and even an average player can look pretty good playing with some of the super-stars.

Championship teams who achieve promotion have squads who have played together for a few years and like Burnley do this by only losing a few matches.

How on earth is a new manager whoever he is going the achieve a quick return starting with a blank sheet. If we had retained a core of our best players to build on fine to start with, but we will not even have that and if we are mid table by the end of the next season then that would be a result. 

The first sentence alone is the most hyperbolic nonsense I've read on the thread.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Who's to say we can afford 5 x what Ipswich can? we couldn't even afford to sack Rodgers

Brendan Rodgers? The man we sacked? Dispels that myth doesn’t it. 

Considered the reasoning from Top was the truth. To paraphrase, better the devil you know. 

Some managers would find loyalty and time given by owners an admirable trait would they not?

• Like 1