Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

A couple of interesting things about McKenna. Firstly he’s the same age as me, which I would find a bit of a mind **** given I’m a few years short of 40. Secondly his fitness coach at Ipswich is Jon Ashton, who came through our academy and played a few days in the dying embers of the Taylor-Bassett-Adam’s PL relegation season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Our purchase possibilities include the much loved section of a euphemistic vintage shop.  On the rails, with reduced price tags, are among others, Smith, Gerrard and Parker.  Also available in the store are Allardyce, March and Lampard among others.

The discount superstore is offering McKenna as this week's special.  

The auction house has sent out some literature about Benitez ,  Pearson and more speculatively, Ranieri.

In the classifieds, there is a cryptic advert about Pottery lessons.

We are customers about to make a risky purchase.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

A couple of interesting things about McKenna. Firstly he’s the same age as me, which I would find a bit of a mind **** given I’m a few years short of 40. Secondly his fitness coach at Ipswich is Jon Ashton, who came through our academy and played a few days in the dying embers of the Taylor-Bassett-Adam’s PL relegation season. 

Ironically he played in our 1-6 tonking at Ipswich the start of the next promotion season and don’t think we ever saw him again 

25 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I thought you said interesting ……  🤨 ;)

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

In future you'll be known as Wasyls 'Interesting' Pec Deck. 

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, Scotch said:

I agree but every manager sacked is another name in the ring for the next job, which is more competition. You know what the manager merry go round is like. McKenna is a summer appointment for a PL side I feel. 

You just have to look at how clueless clubs were after Dyche was taken. The managerial pool seems lighter than it’s ever been, Southampton took a punt on Nathan Jones and McKenna would be of a similar mould. But it does depend on how much he gets the ball rolling

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

He is not going to get £100m to build a team at Ipswich like he will at Leicester. I don't think people realise what a potential opportunity this is for a manager. They get a chance to start from scratch with the biggest budget the league has ever seen.

When you word it like that, it just screams of a disaster story that makes me anxious! lol