Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

What makes me laugh is that when we were in for Jesse Marsch, journalists were saying how much we wanted a Red Bull Style DNA in the club.

Since then we've gone for Dean Smith and been linked to Russell Martin and Jon Dahl Tomasson.

I'd be all for a Ralph Hassnhuttl 4-2-2-2

• Like 1

Me thinks Russell Martin has hired a PR agency to put these stories out for him to raise his profile. No chance has he done enough in his management career to be being linked with us and Southampton.

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t know much about Russell Martin but if he plays Rodgersball he can nob off 

I want a team full of bastards and a manager who takes and talks no shit

The old Wimbledon crazy gang syndrome. That's more like it. Fcuk this tippy tappy bollocks, we'll never compete with the top 6/7 playing the same way as them cos we'll never be able to afford the quality of players needed. Forget the likes of Nathan Jones bring on Vinnie Jones🤜😄

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Would be a massive gamble but I wonder whether RVP fancies a chance in managing the second division? 

He’s worked briefly with United since retiring, and has worked under Arne Slot (someone a large portion of our fans want if we somehow stay up) for 3 years now. 

Leader, professional and one of the best strikers of a generation. 

It’s a huge risk I think given the championship is so brutal, but everyone has to start somewhere, Kompany has worked out great since he started in management at Anderlecht. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Don’t know much about Russell Martin but if he plays Rodgersball he can nob off 

I want a team full of bastards and a manager who takes and talks no shit

neil-warnock-warnock.gif

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Would be a massive gamble but I wonder whether RVP fancies a chance in managing the second division? 

He’s worked briefly with United since retiring, and has worked under Arne Slot (someone a large portion of our fans want if we somehow stay up) for 3 years now. 

Leader, professional and one of the best strikers of a generation. 

It’s a huge risk I think given the championship is so brutal, but everyone has to start somewhere, Kompany has worked out great since he started in management at Anderlecht. 

Mark van Bommel would be far better.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Sunderland somehow linked with Matthias Jaissle at Salzburg

If we want a Red Bull fella we would hopefully go for him

If they get him maybe it’s possible to go for foreign coaches who you wouldn’t expect to manage in the championship. Look at Bielsa with Leeds and Nuno a few years ago with Wolves. No doubt we’ll get the wrong Red Bull coach and get Marsch and give him a 5 year contract. 

1 minute ago, Old Fox said:

What’s he achieved as a player or manager ?

His playing career largely has nothing to do with his ability to manage. It’s only really relevant if players have played at elite levels. 

Loads of top managers did absolutely nothing as players. 

I can’t say I know a huge amount about him but from the limited knowledge I do have his management career has shown a lot of promise. At MK Dons they were very entertaining leading to him being offered the Swansea job where he has progressed them in their stats and league position. 

I have said time and time again though, a manager doesn’t need to have a massive track record for me, if they had a track record of constant success they wouldn’t be in the 2nd division. It’s about the actual management of the players they have and how they improve individually and as a team. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

Me thinks Russell Martin has hired a PR agency to put these stories out for him to raise his profile. No chance has he done enough in his management career to be being linked with us and Southampton.

I think it was @CosbehFox who said Martin had a year left on his contract and his agent was possibly putting his name out there.

• Like 1