Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

I came across a Bristol City video of their new players they've recruited and an interview with Big Nige. I miss those days of getting things done early and then they showed bit of the medical and made it worse by seeing an old face...Dave Rennie! 

Man we really need to sort this out this weekend. Start sorting out who is staying and going and build for next season. Otherwise I'm supporting Bristol City!! 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, john ridley said:

Another day ,another load of nothing .

There are two ways of looking at this. Given some of the names we’ve been linked with, I tend to think of no news as good news. It gives me hope, however futile, that they may still be exploring better options.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

How reliable is Football Insider? 

I’d say not at all but John Percy has stated already that Potter is a non starter due to relegation.

8 minutes ago, Bilo said:

First to call the Albrighton move to WBA out of nowhere.

Also reported our Ilias Chair at QPR interest, which is obviously yet to be seen happens or not.

Edited by stu

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I’d say not at all but John Percy has stated already that Potter is a non starter due to relegation.

Potter is not the best judge in the world regarding managerial roles!!!

It was a suicide mission choosing to go to Chelsea, no one saw it as a suitable fit, yet he ran to greet it with open arms.

Who is to say that this decision, is not as skewed as his last one.

18 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Their pinned tweet is this, and it was posted after the deal was already announced…

edit: just clicked it and it is comical click bait 

Edited by FoxesWalk

36 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Doesnt matter. He's not coming. He was never coming. Personally i think we dodged a bullet, and i hope the bullet dodges past Gerrard too.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

Mark Warburton anyone?

Just putting it out there to see if anyone thinks he might be a good choice?

He'd be good at a club wanting to stabilize in the championship ie Rotherham United or Plymouth Arygle, but in terms of a promotion push I'm not sure.

Is it standard practice that the club would interview several out of work managers first before moving on to a main target that might already be employed (McKenna, Maresca).

That makes sense to me but also shows they haven't got a fixed number 1 target in my opinion which is where clubs have made a pigs ear of things in the past. Our approach to recruiting managers is very peculiar.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Is it standard practice that the club would interview several out of work managers first before moving on to a main target that might already be employed (McKenna, Maresca).

That makes sense to me but also shows they haven't got a fixed number 1 target in my opinion which is where clubs have made a pigs ear of things in the past. Our approach to recruiting managers is very peculiar.

It’s almost like we do it in the way a no business would, rather than a football club.

• Haha 1

To me, what makes sense would be to draft a list of targets, and get a quick word from each about who would be interested in the position. 

Then I'd organise an interview with each of them, and I wouldn't make a decision until everyone had completed this interview. 

If one of them had declared interest but was unable to take part in an interview immediately (Maresca), I would look at the time frame needed to make a decision. Despite the hysterics on here, I wouldn't want to rush this, and would be happy if this were decided by the end of next week. 

As long as the holdouts can interview before the end of this window, (he can,) I would wait it out.

And most importantly, I would not allow anything to leak, other than controlled information through a trusted media source, (Percy), to attempt to reassure fans that work is being done.

That's how I would approach the situation in the Club's position, and to all outside appearances, everything would look exactly the same as things currently do.

2 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

The Mail are suggesting Gerrard, so it must be true

I refuse to believe the Gerrard rumour. Surely nobody, including the people who run our football club, could possibly be that stupid?

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1