Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

13 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I refuse to believe the Gerrard rumour. Surely nobody, including the people who run our football club, could possibly be that stupid?

The thing that could sway them is the undefeated season at Rangers where they won the league. I know he had different coaches with him then and Celtic had an off-season.

Certainly wouldn't be my choice but that's the logic I can see them having.

• Haha 1

Just now, Pliskin said:

Problem is, the warning signs should be there with Gerrard. The difference between his and Emery’s Villa is night and day. He’s would be an absolutely insane appointment. 

Yep 100% agree. 

7 minutes ago, teblin said:

The thing that could sway them is the undefeated season at Rangers where they won the league. I know he had different coaches with him then and Celtic had an off-season.

Stupid logic, its clear his assitant was the person who knew what he was doing. 

Id only consider Gerrard if he had a team of able coaching staff.

Knowing how willy puller supremo Jon Rudkin likes to work he will bring in Gerrard to work with out top coaching team of Sadler.

Rudkin is a joke, an absolute joke, the fixtures are out next week, its a month and a half till the season starts and the club havent got a clue. 

I feel this could be a double relegation incoming, the incompetence is another level. . 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

Tanner has written up a piece here: 

https://theathletic.com/4589702/2023/06/09/leicester-city-manager-priorities/

A few things:

• Confirms we have gone after Potter but looks unlikely. The club admire both him and Frank
  • Mentions Hutter but more as a passing reference as he was linked in April and again would need some convincing
  • Rudkin is leading the process and asking his contacts throughout the game. He's taking his time to try to get the appointment right, but knows he has to make a decision sooner rather than later. 
  • Smith is a candidate and would be a cheaper option

Not huge amount of insight but doesn't sounds like a choice has been made yet, so a lot of BS seemingly from so-called ITKs on Twitter. 

Edited by lcfc_forever
  • Thanks 1

Just now, teblin said:

If so they're insane. Rangers effectively operate in a two-horse race and the other horse was lame that season. And, as you say, Gerrard had Michael Beale as his assistant then. The difference between Gerrard's record as a coach with Beale and his record without him is like night and day. Players have even come out and admitted that Beale was effectively the manager when he and Gerrard worked together. There's no way our board could ignore all this, is there?

Is there?

IS THERE??? :o

3 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

• Rudkin is leading the process and asking his contacts throughout the game. He's taking his time to try to get the appointment right, but knows he has to make a decision sooner rather than later. 

So the bell piece has rang his mum and Brendan then?!

Rudkin mum said 'that Gerrardy chap seems a nice fellow'

Brendan said 'Stevie is a beautiful human, he lost me the title, but it character building for the lad' 

Edited by Foxin_Mad

2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

A few things:

• Confirms we have gone after Potter but looks unlikely. The club admire both him and Frank
  • Mentions Hutter but more as a passing reference as he was linked in April and again would need some convincing

Not huge amount of insight but doesn't sounds like a choice has been made yet, so a lot of BS seemingly from so-called ITKs on Twitter. 

His contacts? lol No shit Sherlock a decision needs to be made sooner! Hire someone competent Rudkin asap it’s not too much to ask is it?

4 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

A few things:

He mentions JDT too, would be more than happy with him if he’d leave Blackburn. 

5 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

A few things:

His article reads like a foxestalk post

1 minute ago, Happy Fox said:

His contacts? lol No shit Sherlock a decision needs to be made sooner! Hire someone competent Rudkin asap it’s not too much to ask is it?

Like I said, not much insight from it. 

Disappointing Rudkin is leading this but with the massive turnover necessary, I can see why he's still there but hopefully only for the short-term. 

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

Like I said, not much insight from it. 

Disappointing Rudkin is leading this but with the massive turnover necessary, I can see why he's still there but hopefully only for the short-term. 

Top taking a backseat is a concern, the club needs to be sold I feel, or at least hire a football director that is competent.

Edited by Happy Fox

1 minute ago, lcfc_forever said:

I imagine its an indication hes here to stay, he will bring in his man. Its probably going to take at least 1 more relegation for Top to relalise this guy is abosolute malaise within. 

Relegation.   A thoughtful quick appointment needed.   

Two weeks later we wander round the bottom of a circular barrel looking for the corner.  But we're crap at corners and find Gerrard instead.

1 minute ago, justfoxes said:

FFS Leicester appointing Gerrard would be like appointing A Brendan Rodgers Clone NO FUCHING THANK YOU !!

Hes not even half as good as Rodgers, I mean Rodgers 'can' be effective with the correct squad and for short periods, but Slippy has only really done it in a 2 horse ammature league where one of the horses fel lat the first hurdle. 

• Like 1

Smith is not a stellar manager;  his record shows he can be an effective one. He is better than many of the names being mooted.  He might be able to get us back up; he's not an imminent disaster like some names.

If Potter isn't coming, get Smith in and give him time to start getting stuff done.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

How do they not have a structure in place that plans for new manager recruitment? Just pathetic.

Its an absolutel shambles. Seriously making me think about cancelling my season ticket direct debit.

The incomptence at the club is utterley astounding.

Its clear the 'review' has learnt nothing, probably because those leading the review arent going to 'can' themselves.

The review should have been independant. 

For me its been pretty clear for the past 4-5 seasons the club has been so slow to operate on anything, we are alwasy last in the transfer market, , sureley this has to fall to the DOF who should be sacked immediately for gross incompetence.