Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How do they not have a structure in place that plans for new manager recruitment? Just pathetic.

They clearly (as we were told all season) had not thought about the possibility of relegation until the final few weeks of the season … hence no plan. 

It know a lot of this is on Rudkin plate and he’s massively to blame but it seems the whole of that football club was locked in complacency mode 

26 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

I refuse to believe the Gerrard rumour. Surely nobody, including the people who run our football club, could possibly be that stupid?

Firstly, yes - our club could possibly be that stupid. 

However, to cut them a little slack, they should be interviewing someone like Gerrard.  A great player who is still well regarded in the game and was all set to be considered as a future Liverpool manager. He messed up at Villa and Emery showed him how it was done. He is clearly driven to succeed in management and he wont be the first manager who's had a stumble along the way. If the club interview him, then what happened at Villa needs to be a bit part of that process, and they need to be satisfied that he understood what went wrong and that he can apply learnings to any future role. 

We are in a very different position to Villa when he took over there. I think the club need to look at his strategy and if it fits our rebuild and desire to get back to the PL after one hit.

I hope its a no, because i don't get good vibes from Gerrard and i have a horrible feeling he will see the club as beneath him, but that just my opinion. But, in reality, i think the club should be speaking to him along with many other candidates.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How do they not have a structure in place that plans for new manager recruitment? Just pathetic.

It's not easy to find "The next Brendan Rodgers"!

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Relegation should've been considered as a possibility after the horrendous start we had taking 1 point from our first 7 games. If at that point we weren't compiling two lists of managerial replacements - one for the Premier League and one for the Championship - and doing our due diligence and analysis of each candidate, then that's indicative of the kind of lack of forward planning that should tell Top that somebody in - or several of - his backroom staff are not capable of running the club.

If the possibility of relegation was not even considered after our first 7 games then their heads were in the sand. If only there were a famous quote by a legendary ex-Leicester manager available :whistle:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, TMELcfc said:

It know a lot of this is on Rudkin plate and he’s massively to blame but it seems the whole of that football club was locked in complacency mode 

The ethos of the club like any business is set by the management team, its quite clear the management team are not fit for purpose.

There has been stuff at the club thats been run like an ammature operation for years, In succesful times you can forgive it. I think we got lucky with Pearson he had the character and personality to cascade through the operation

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Firstly, yes - our club could possibly be that stupid. 

However, to cut them a little slack, they should be interviewing someone like Gerrard.  A great player who is still well regarded in the game and was all set to be considered as a future Liverpool manager. He messed up at Villa and Emery showed him how it was done. He is clearly driven to succeed in management and he wont be the first manager who's had a stumble along the way. If the club interview him, then what happened at Villa needs to be a bit part of that process, and they need to be satisfied that he understood what went wrong and that he can apply learnings to any future role. 

We are in a very different position to Villa when he took over there. I think the club need to look at his strategy and if it fits our rebuild and desire to get back to the PL after one hit.

I hope its a no, because i don't get good vibes from Gerrard and i have a horrible feeling he will see the club as beneath him, but that just my opinion. But, in reality, i think the club should be speaking to him along with many other candidates.

What went wrong at Villa was that the man responsible for training and tactics left and was replaced with Neil Critchley 

The point is we have to get the appointment right as returning to the Premier League at the first opportunity is crucial to the club.

• Like 3

The manager appointed and the rebuild are maybe slightly separate issues.

Sure the recruitment team are getting players lined up to sign. 

But I want the manager in asap but getting the right one is important. Worst thing though would to waste time and still end up with smith.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, ROB-THE-BLUE said:

Rudkin should be looking for a new job, not a new manager. Absolutely ridiculous that his position appears to be untouched after the incompetence shown over the last couple of years.

Agree, and perhaps this is more for the Rudkin thread. 

But imagine we don't have a DoF while having to hire a new manager, arranging the incomings and outgoings, running operations for the next few weeks - we could well be in a worse position.

We're screwed as we know he's done a rubbish job but the club don't have the time to get a new person in. What's worse in a way is I don't think they want to remove him either. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it was going to be Parker, Gerrard or Lampard it would be done by now and if Smith was anything like first choice he'd probably have just been announced too. 

The fact Tanner and Percy don't seem to think we're in any great rush does suggest to me we are taking our time to look around a little more. 

It wouldn't surprise me if this goes on fully for another week or so. 

You spelt month wrong

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

If it was going to be Parker, Gerrard or Lampard it would be done by now and if Smith was anything like first choice he'd probably have just been announced too. 

The fact Tanner and Percy don't seem to think we're in any great rush does suggest to me we are taking our time to look around a little more. 

It wouldn't surprise me if this goes on fully for another week or so. 

Which shouldn't really being done now - that should have been done across the month of May. As much time should have been allowed to give the incoming manager a chance to shape his own pre-season. 

Suggests to me they didn't think we would go down - and that the job was most likely Potter's but may have been Smith's if he succeed. We are onto Plan B now and losing time because now the enormity is being realised they can't **** it up. 

You mentioned you'll be pissed if we are mid-table at Xmas, the longer we delay this the more likely an outcome. The less time we give a manager to shape his own pre-season and consult with recruitment, the more likely an incoming manager is having to find his best XI during the season. The increased likelihood its mid-table at Christmas and any manager gets chance to finally build some momentum. 

Maybe I am being overdramatic given Burnley's relatively late appointment of Kompany and their success but they had players within their squad what had experience of winning promotion in the Championship, we have very little. 

• Like 1

This is a club that sacked their manager probably about a season later than they should've done, replaced him with a goalkeeping coach, was turned down by Jesse Marsch and then turned to Dean sodding Smith. 

There is no plan. These things don't move quickly even at the well-run clubs. 

The only plan we have is to elongate the sales of Maddison & Barnes for as long as we possibly can. Beyond that, it's hit & hope.

• Like 2