Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

42 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

The 7-10 days was regarding hearing from the club in general such as Tops statement and those out of contract players.

I believe that a couple of those names released by Percy/Tanner are red herrings/bait much like they did with Jesse Marsch, they are testing the reaction.

Gerrard - his agent is pushing his name out to the press - now the season is over they need to fill column inches so take things with a pinch of salt.

Enzo will end up at Celtic, Any movement with him will become apparent after tomorrow's final.

Ranieri wasn't a name mentioned back in 2015 and it all happened within 48hrs.

Even if we were still in the prem, it's highly unlikely we would have hired someone by now.

The club are active within the transfer market trying to get deals done. Cairney is a good example of trying to get the right player but more importantly the right attitude.

As I said previously the signings are all on Glover.

Whilst I know this won't go down well but patience :thumbup:

This makes me feel much better. Steve Walsh style recruiting. 

22 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

There seem to be a lot of FT members who seem to think the club has no plan. 

You can have the best plan in the world, but it's just a plan, which can be affected by multiple things outside of your control.  

There is a massive difference between having a plan and delivering it.

I’ve made my position quite clear:

On 04/06/2023 at 17:46, urban.spaceman said:

Rudkin is the secret bastard child of Barrie Pierpoint, Philip Smith, Roy Parker or Gilbert Kinch and has been undercover all this time. This was all part of the plan, to drop down a league to force us to spend more wisely and conservatively and rebuild the squad on much lower wages, making it more profitable when we go up and giving us a better chance to get back into Europe.

I'm calling this the Pierpoint Slingshot Manourvre.

Stage one of the plan is complete. Champions League here we come.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

This makes me feel much better. Steve Walsh style recruiting. 

I don’t think glover did a great job at Southampton overall so not sure it’s amazing news either. 

29 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I’ve made my position quite clear:

I hope you know I wasted about five minutes thinking about the pros and cons of your conspiracy. My life is a mess

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, teblin said:

I know this might not be a name people want but what about Ole?

If we are going Norwegian give that chappie at Bodo a call.

9 minutes ago, teblin said:

Wouldn’t surprise me if we were in for Russell Martin and that’s the hold up not the compensation issue.

Again worse than Smith, achieved absolutely **** all in the game, never will IMO. Mediocre Championship manager at best. 

1 hour ago, ramaiya2 said:

this is taking the p***

We need someone now and NOT Gerrard, or Lampard.

I would take Rafa B or bring back NP.

I think you're right IF we have any intention of letting the new manager decides what players are coming in, but I have a feeling we don't so the important thing is moving our players out that are leaving ASAP and getting our targets in, then the new manager cam work with them. At present, what can the new manager do?

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Relegation should've been considered as a possibility after the horrendous start we had taking 1 point from our first 7 games. If at that point we weren't compiling two lists of managerial replacements - one for the Premier League and one for the Championship - and doing our due diligence and analysis of each candidate, then that's indicative of the kind of lack of forward planning that should tell Top that somebody in - or several of - his backroom staff are not capable of running the club.

If the possibility of relegation was not even considered after our first 7 games then their heads were in the sand. If only there were a famous quote by a legendary ex-Leicester manager available :whistle:

....I am not sure that we should have been looking for candidates for either Premier League or Championship at that time!!!

Looking for candidates for the Premier League I agree with you, we should have let him go a long time before, but we didn't. We had no one in line for the post when he finally went, that was outrageous, it has been evident where we were heading, but then we had nothing in place for his departure.

We are only now looking around now for an answer having failed to understand the question. I would think that Maresca is a strong possibility and we are waiting for an answer. The likelihood is that we will have an answer early next week.