Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

2 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

The 7-10 days was regarding hearing from the club in general such as Tops statement and those out of contract players.

I believe that a couple of those names released by Percy/Tanner are red herrings/bait much like they did with Jesse Marsch, they are testing the reaction.

Gerrard - his agent is pushing his name out to the press - now the season is over they need to fill column inches so take things with a pinch of salt.

Enzo will end up at Celtic, Any movement with him will become apparent after tomorrow's final.

Ranieri wasn't a name mentioned back in 2015 and it all happened within 48hrs.

Even if we were still in the prem, it's highly unlikely we would have hired someone by now.

The club are active within the transfer market trying to get deals done. Cairney is a good example of trying to get the right player but more importantly the right attitude.

As I said previously the signings are all on Glover.

Whilst I know this won't go down well but patience :thumbup:

So you think a player will be pleased to join a club and he doesnt know who the manager will be ? Surely the msnager sells the club to the player!  I hope your right and that everything is iined up and will fall into place but i no faith in this board  ! History over the last two years will tell you that ! Surely transfer deals and budget will all rest on Maddison Barnes or others leaving which knowing Leicester will go to the wire like last season leaving us way behind other clubs in the Championship !

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jono1604 said:

So you think a player will be pleased to join a club and he doesnt know who the manager will be ? Surely the msnager sells the club to the player!  I hope your right and that everything is iined up and will fall into place but i no faith in this board  ! History over the last two years will tell you that ! Surely transfer deals and budget will all rest on Maddison Barnes or others leaving which knowing Leicester will go to the wire like last season leaving us way behind other clubs in the Championship !

If we try to squeeze the last penny , then it will go to the last minute. We will have to buy before we sell or there will be little remaining in the shop. Do we have the money? I have no idea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Given the wrangling between Saints and Swansea over Russell Martins compensation fee is there a chance we could nip in and take him? 

Popped over to the Saints forum last night to try and cheer myself up. Turns out the disdain on there towards those running their club is just the same as ours. 

Came off there feeling a lot better. 

Hope they get their man,though. Wouldn't fancy him around here, personally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, F T Fagos said:

Popped over to the Saints forum last night to try and cheer myself up. Turns out the disdain on there towards those running their club is just the same as ours. 

Came off there feeling a lot better. 

Hope they get their man,though. Wouldn't fancy him around here, personally. 

The thing all 3 relegated clubs and Everton have in common is that they’re all ran by idiots. 

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Realist Guy In The Room said:

They took a massive wee on us in the cup playing well good football and pressing us high.

Really was a massive wee.

We were utter dog shite though, as was Rodgers' team selection for that Blackburn R5 tie when it was clear that all he thought was necessary was just turning up and we'd win due to it being Championship opposition - wrong! Needless to say Blackburn crashed out to another Championship team of the time, Sheffield United in the next round which says even less for us!! 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Anyone have much insight into John Dahl Tomasson’s style of play? Don’t know much of his work.

...played 4-2-3-1 last season, pretty much what we tended to do for a period of time!!!

It ties us back into using a #10 whilst a 4-3-3 allows us to keep Nacho in the forward slot and we can use wide forwards.

3 hours ago, teblin said:

I know this might not be a name people want but what about Ole?

Yet another ex pro who, like Lampard and Gerrard, who somehow managed to get a top managerial job on the back of his playing reputation rather than his managerial ability and was subsequently found out. Avoid like the plague.

Edited by ClaphamFox