Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, ClaphamFox said:

Betfair has finally opened a book on its main site. Scott Parker is clear favourite. Enzo is 9/1 for us but strong favourite for the Celtic job at evens...

image.thumb.png.1f33c1abbc4c984eba9bf0f72312a922.png

Out of that list if Potter isn’t coming I’d take Hassenhuttl or Benitez. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Behave the pair of you. 

Articles state Potter does not wish to manage in the Championship. 

...it is an "easy out" for him like Tielemans saying that he wanted Champions League!!!

It stops the questions and takes him away from the situation.

Most of the articles out there regarding the next manager are just cheap, lazy journalism that just list out of work managers. I sincerely hope that the club are not considering Gerrard or Lampard, I would rather see Dean come back than either of those two ! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

ooooo Franck Haise! 

Interesting

He just finished 2nd in Ligue 1 with a team he's been coaching since they were Ligue 2, we have absolutely zero chance he leaves that for us.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Most of the articles out there regarding the next manager are just cheap, lazy journalism that just list out of work managers. I sincerely hope that the club are not considering Gerrard or Lampard, I would rather see Dean come back than either of those two ! 

The likes of Facebook/Twitter certainly don't help.

Fake news haven.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Out of that list if Potter isn’t coming I’d take Hassenhuttl or Benitez. 

We need someone with masses of experience with results to match. Gerrard , Lampard , Parker etc have not delivered. We are in a very deep hole with most of our best players leaving and to climb out of this disastrous situation we need experience. There is no other sensible option. 

19 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Yeah. Dean  Smith very nearly pulled it off. The only mistake he made was not shutting up shop when we went 2-1 up against Everton. That proved costly. If we'd won that game we'd have stayed up. I'd happily have him though if Potter turns us down again. 

Edited by KP Fox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Being reported Potter has turned us down again. 

If true I’m surprised at the arrogance of not wanting to manage in the Championship. 

Suspect Potters agent is hedging bets on Moyes leaving West Ham or perhaps Lopetegui leaving Wolves? 

The last thing we need is a guy who doesn't really want to be here signing a big contract.....we've been here before.

If he's not interested then move on quickly. He'd probably leave at the first opportunity anyway.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

We need someone with masses of experience with results to match. Gerrard , Lampard , Parker etc have not delivered. We are in a very deep hole with most of our best players leaving and to climb out of this disastrous situation we need experience. There is no other sensible option. 

Parker has delivered promotion from the Championship twice, which I’d argue is relevant to our current situation. I’m not very keen on him as it happens, but he’s surely in a different category to Gerrard and Lampard?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

Any actual developments on this today?

Don’t be daft, every six pages it becomes Groundhog Day again. I’m bored reading it, how some posters have the patience to keep typing the same opinion over and over again is beyond me. Then somebody will come up with a name that’s not onanyone’s list and think they’ve cracked it

Edited by hackneyfox
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Any actual developments on this today?

Potter no likey Leicester. Gerrard is in Turkey. Bookies have Parker as the front runner.

That is all. Enjoy your weekend.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, -sodapop said:

He just finished 2nd in Ligue 1 with a team he's been coaching since they were Ligue 2, we have absolutely zero chance he leaves that for us.

...a bit of a surprise though, his name had not previously been mentioned!!!

We have pulled a name out of a hat before, and this is out of the blue.

Haisle.thumb.png.802ccd904a0fdf03d71bee9507ce874c.png

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update.
  • Like 1

No idea where tf these Frank Haise odds are coming from, but he would be my absolute favorite if we could somehow convince him to come. Frank Haise coming here would be just as mental as Cambiasso joining us was. If Rudkin somehow pulled that off, I'd forgive the majority of the absolute mess we are in now. 

• Like 1