Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

:nigel:

This is taking forever, isn't it? Some sort of solid indication of who we've interviewed would be nice. I'm guessing no-one at the moment, or it's very hush-hush.

On the bright(?) side, Leeds, Southampton and Palace haven't appointed anyone yet. So maybe it's a little slow all 'round??

19 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

:nigel:

This is taking forever, isn't it? Some sort of solid indication of who we've interviewed would be nice. I'm guessing no-one at the moment, or it's very hush-hush.

On the bright(?) side, Leeds, Southampton and Palace haven't appointed anyone yet. So maybe it's a little slow all 'round??

The time it’s taking is making we wonder if maybe we are after a manager who is in a job already, possibly on holiday? Or possibly have to talk to clubs first to negotiate a settlement? 

Either way we need someone in the next week or so. 

edit: In reality all it likely means is we haven’t started looking yet 😂

Edited by cityfanlee23

1 minute ago, cityfanlee23 said:

The time it’s taking is making we wonder if maybe we are after a manager who is in a job already, possibly on holiday? Or possibly have to talk to clubs first to negotiate a settlement? 

Either way we need someone in the next week or so. 

edit: In reality all it likely means is we haven’t started looking yet 😂

Obviously they’re waiting for Pep to win the cl tomorrow then they’ll approach him………

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, langtonfox said:

Reported in London press that Potter has turned us down for a second time 

Can see him going back to Brighton, should they struggle during the early period of next season.

1 hour ago, cityfanlee23 said:

No idea where tf these Frank Haise odds are coming from, but he would be my absolute favorite if we could somehow convince him to come. Frank Haise coming here would be just as mental as Cambiasso joining us was. If Rudkin somehow pulled that off, I'd forgive the majority of the absolute mess we are in now. 

Aww come on.

If he somehow gave me tomorrows winning lottery numbers, I would still not forgive him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CrispinLA in Texas said:

Top/board going for Maresca....feels such lazy scouting, just jumping on the bandwagon because other clubs were interested in him.

Hopefully it will have the same impact with working with Pep as Arteta had. My concern is that it took Arteta a few seasons to get to this point and we don’t have the time for it. 

Just now, FoxTimmy2 said:

I’d even take Brendan back before Gerrard or Lampard, great players, but absolute dogshite managers.

The only scenario in which those two should be considered is if the club is aiming for back-to-back relegation.

• Like 1

It has to be someone still in employment, my guess is McKenna or Maresca, given there is little news I think it’s Maresca and will be announced after tomorrow is done and dusted. Parker is possibly in the background as contingency if it goes tits up at last minute . 

41 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Just heard that Potter has turned us down for a third time. His fourth rejection is scheduled for Sunday and the rest are expected at roughly two-day intervals until we actually appoint somebody. 

Haha we’re on the look out for a swivel eyed ‘ten to two’ bird, not the top totty who have walked in at 7.30 sharp. 

• Haha 2