Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

11 minutes ago, fkas said:

Adi Hutter was supposed to be in the UK looking for a Prem job. Unless Palace come knocking we could be the best offer he gets in England. He'd be a great coach for us.

The Maresca rumours kind of feel like clubs hoping to find another Arteta.

Yeah, this might be the most plausible leftfield choice. The club thought about approaching him in April, so there is some connection there. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It’s 2058, and Leicester city are still waiting to sign their first player since their relegation, and Graham Potter has rejected their advances for the 600th time. His harassment trail V Rudkin is scheduled for 2060. 

We could save a fortune by just offering the job to @Izzy

Give him a black polo neck and he looks a bit like him.

Need a trim though @Izzy, youre bordering on a Jack Grealish haircut right now lol

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Buzzell said:

The Maresca rumours kind of feel like the club hasn’t got a clue what it’s doing.

It feels like a reach but he's clearly a well respected coach to have the role he has at Man City under Pep. Not got a great history as the main man but he's still young for a manager. Depends whether he's got the eye for detail that Pep has.

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...a bit of a surprise though, his name had not previously been mentioned!!!

We have pulled a name out of a hat before, and this is out of the blue.

Haisle.thumb.png.802ccd904a0fdf03d71bee9507ce874c.png

I'm a big Franck Haise fan too, but a French mate of mine insists that he's not leaving Lens anytime soon

In fact last October he renewed his contract for 5 years and took on the General Manager job title, however much weight that holds

Stranger things have happened of course but I'd rather bet on Elvis turning up alive than Haise dropping down to the Championship to fulfill his lifelong dream of managing on Raw Dykes road 😆

• Haha 1

It's going to be some useless ****. Probably someone who advocates a commitment to Rodgersball.

We aren't going to get anyone good or anyone outside the box, it will be a complete and utter half job like Gerrard. 

This club hasn't operated outside the box since 2015 and I think that was more luck than judgement.

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

We are in the pre-contemplation phase of considering who might be interested so that we can think about creating a short list of candidates that may or may not be interviewed so that we can discount them before going back to the drawing board 

So, in a nutshell, don’t panic ! 

7 hours ago, Fazzer 7 said:

2 weeks have passed now since the relegation and it would appear the three amigo's are asleep at the wheel. 

We have always been like this. It took ages for them to get Nigel back when we sacked Sven and look how that turned out. Let's be patient. 

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...it is hard to understand a team that plays the way that Blackburn does, can struggle to get out of the Championship!!!

The same way that QPR played against us in pre-season, it beggars belief why they can not take that quality into games. It seems that if they were playing in the Premiership they would have more success, as they should not be struggling in this division.

To quote the late, great Jimmy Greaves "It's A Funny Old Game, Saint"! 

1 hour ago, KP Fox said:

We have always been like this. It took ages for them to get Nigel back when we sacked Sven and look how that turned out. Let's be patient. 

With our squad situation the way it is, there is no time to be patient - we need someone to come in now, work out which players he wants to keep, and who should be brought in. 
Rodgers was sacked 2 months ago, we should have had shortlists ready to go before the end of the season for both eventualities and a manager put in place by now.

We have less than 8 weeks until the start of the new season - 7 first team squad players have already been released, one more potentially in Evans - we will need a new manager in to decide if he wants Evans or not - no point paying him a decent part of the wage budget if the new manager doesn’t want him around.

When the window open we are almost certain Barnes and Maddison will be the first 2 out the door, players like Castagne, Faes, Soumare, Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy could all potentially follow…

We need a manager in to be working with the recruitment team now to identify types of players we will need to challenge.

Time is not a luxury we have right now, we need an appointment this week.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

With our squad situation the way it is, there is no time to be patient - we need someone to come in now, work out which players he wants to keep, and who should be brought in
Rodgers was sacked 2 months ago, we should have had shortlists ready to go before the end of the season for both eventualities and a manager put in place by now.

We have less than 8 weeks until the start of the new season - 7 first team squad players have already been released, one more potentially in Evans - we will need a new manager in to decide if he wants Evans or not - no point paying him a decent part of the wage budget if the new manager doesn’t want him around.

When the window open we are almost certain Barnes and Maddison will be the first 2 out the door, players like Castagne, Faes, Soumare, Daka, Iheanacho, Vardy could all potentially follow…

We need a manager in to be working with the recruitment team now to identify types of players we will need to challenge.

Time is not a luxury we have right now, we need an appointment this week.

I love your posts but this is soooo wrong. The new manager has absolutely no say in 'who he wants' .... this is a fire sale. Everybody out until 100m+ has been banked. Then maybe the new guy (or girl) has a minor say

The brief is (should be) simple; here's a sqaud of players. The coaching staff have conditioned them. Now go manage and get us up 

6 hours ago, fkas said:

Adi Hutter was supposed to be in the UK looking for a Prem job. Unless Palace come knocking we could be the best offer he gets in England. He'd be a great coach for us.

The Maresca rumours kind of feel like clubs hoping to find another Arteta

I sincerely hope that our fixation with being a poor, poor man's Guardiola outfit won't lead us to Maresca. An appointment based on literally no credible managerial merit whatsoever. Perhaps he'll turn out to be a glorious manager, but we should be looking for a surer bet.

Hutter may also be a fine manager. But I'm not sure he's what we need now. The club is crying out for someone who has both a penchant for team-building and the qualities required for a promotion push.

• Thanks 1

I would like to know who this Graham Potter character thinks he is … getting sacked by Chelsea one of the richest clubs in the world with 50 internationals to choose from yet he won’t manage a broke Leicester City with 6 players ( one of which is Danny Ward) in the Championship

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wouldn't rely on our current coaching staff for anything, the players have looked well off the mark and undercooked for the start of the last two seasons!

Without the right coaching staff all those state of the art training facilities are absolutely pointless. The whole thing needs a refresh starting with Stowell and Sadler who looked like Dumb and Dumber on the touchline. For a goalkeeping coach he didn't improve Schmeichel's command of the penalty area (unless standing motionless on the goal line at corners was the instruction). Neither did £12m Ward look as if he had a clue at times. So what did he do? Time to be ruthless, nobody should feel comfortable in their jobs anymore. They are all very sackable!

As for some of the players, I can't even go there, some of them still anger me greatly, at least lazy boy chubby chops Tielemans has definitely gone which is a huge relief, good riddance! Captain my arse!

The facilities are for training hard and preparation, not mincing about on a golf course or a leisure time experience. Discipline and professionalism has gone.

Remember how most opposition players got stuck into vigorous pre-match warm up drills whilst our lot have a gentle game of 'keepy uppy', or how a smiley Porky Toure would have a game of 'who can kick and land the ball nearest to the touchline'. Absolutely no urgency, focus or preparation. Pathetic. 

Against Liverpool, all their subs warming up at halftime whereas only Kristiansen shows any endeavour for us. At least he always looks keen, focussed and ready for a fight, different mentality. Liverpool players come out for the second half engaging in short drills to get the heart pumping, ours shamble out chatting and smiling to each other as if they've just had tea and biscuits. Which side was fighting relegation? If you can't be professional and disciplined in the small things, then don't be surprised when you come up short on the bigger one's. 

Captain fat arse?

I agree with all of that though. We’ve been coasting and going through the motions for too long. I suspect it starts at the Top (literally). Unfortunately since Vichai died we’ve lost that cut throat ruthless edge. We used to hear about Vichai and the  culture and example he set, so we know it starts at the top. We clearly need a complete overhaul in many departments. Even the doctor that comes onto the pitch is Rodgers old chum from Liverpool - it’s jobs for the boys or people too cosy and not incentivised enough imo.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

Captain fat arse?

I agree with all of that though. We’ve been coasting and going through the motions for too long. I suspect it starts at the Top (literally). Unfortunately since Vichai died we’ve lost that cut throat ruthless edge. We used to hear about Vichai and the  culture and example he set, so we know it starts at the top. We clearly need a complete overhaul in many departments. Even the doctor that comes onto the pitch is Rodgers old chum from Liverpool - it’s jobs for the boys or people too cosy and not incentivised enough imo.

Here Here! 

3 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love your posts but this is soooo wrong. The new manager has absolutely no say in 'who he wants' .... this is a fire sale. Everybody out until 100m+ has been banked. Then maybe the new guy (or girl) has a minor say

The brief is (should be) simple; here's a sqaud of players. The coaching staff have conditioned them. Now go manage and get us up 

Agree with you, but anyone who wonders why Potter turned it down needs to read your post. 

54 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wouldn't rely on our current coaching staff for anything, the players have looked well off the mark and undercooked for the start of the last two seasons!

Without the right coaching staff all those state of the art training facilities are absolutely pointless. The whole thing needs a refresh starting with Stowell and Sadler who looked like Dumb and Dumber on the touchline. For a goalkeeping coach he didn't improve Schmeichel's command of the penalty area (unless standing motionless on the goal line at corners was the instruction). Neither did £12m Ward look as if he had a clue at times. So what did he do? Time to be ruthless, nobody should feel comfortable in their jobs anymore. They are all very sackable!

As for some of the players, I can't even go there, some of them still anger me greatly, at least lazy boy chubby chops Tielemans has definitely gone which is a huge relief, good riddance! Captain my arse!

The facilities are for training hard and preparation, not mincing about on a golf course or a leisure time experience. Discipline and professionalism has gone.

Remember how most opposition players got stuck into vigorous pre-match warm up drills whilst our lot have a gentle game of 'keepy uppy', or how a smiley Porky Toure would have a game of 'who can kick and land the ball nearest to the touchline'. Absolutely no urgency, focus or preparation. Pathetic. 

Against Liverpool, all their subs warming up at halftime whereas only Kristiansen shows any endeavour for us. At least he always looks keen, focussed and ready for a fight, different mentality. Liverpool players come out for the second half engaging in short drills to get the heart pumping, ours shamble out chatting and smiling to each other as if they've just had tea and biscuits. Which side was fighting relegation? If you can't be professional and disciplined in the small things, then don't be surprised when you come up short on the bigger one's. 

Exactly! 

We need a manager who comes in and isn’t afraid to tell the little man child some home truths. Slaps his kiss ass servant about and rips up absolutely everything that is here to rebuild. 

There is absolutely nothing at this club. Nothing. From owner, down to execs. Down to coaches. Down to players. That we should be scared of losing. The more that leave, the better off we will be in the long term. 

Only one man for the job:ph34r:

• Thanks 1