Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Manager for the Championship rebuild - who do you want?

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

I wouldn't rely on our current coaching staff for anything, the players have looked well off the mark and undercooked for the start of the last two seasons!

Without the right coaching staff all those state of the art training facilities are absolutely pointless. The whole thing needs a refresh starting with Stowell and Sadler who looked like Dumb and Dumber on the touchline. For a goalkeeping coach he didn't improve Schmeichel's command of the penalty area (unless standing motionless on the goal line at corners was the instruction). Neither did £12m Ward look as if he had a clue at times. So what did he do? Time to be ruthless, nobody should feel comfortable in their jobs anymore. They are all very sackable!

As for some of the players, I can't even go there, some of them still anger me greatly, at least lazy boy chubby chops Tielemans has definitely gone which is a huge relief, good riddance! Captain my arse!

The facilities are for training hard and preparation, not mincing about on a golf course or a leisure time experience. Discipline and professionalism has gone.

Remember how most opposition players got stuck into vigorous pre-match warm up drills whilst our lot have a gentle game of 'keepy uppy', or how a smiley Porky Toure would have a game of 'who can kick and land the ball nearest to the touchline'. Absolutely no urgency, focus or preparation. Pathetic. 

Against Liverpool, all their subs warming up at halftime whereas only Kristiansen shows any endeavour for us. At least he always looks keen, focussed and ready for a fight, different mentality. Liverpool players come out for the second half engaging in short drills to get the heart pumping, ours shamble out chatting and smiling to each other as if they've just had tea and biscuits. Which side was fighting relegation? If you can't be professional and disciplined in the small things, then don't be surprised when you come up short on the bigger one's. 

“Mike Stowell sacked for not making Kasper grow three inches”

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Exactly! 

We need a manager who comes in and isn’t afraid to tell the little man child some home truths. Slaps his kiss ass servant about and rips up absolutely everything that is here to rebuild. 

There is absolutely nothing at this club. Nothing. From owner, down to execs. Down to coaches. Down to players. That we should be scared of losing. The more that leave, the better off we will be in the long term. 

Only one man for the job:ph34r:

When are we starting, I'm just in the mood! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

🤣 I take your point but, although not as good a goalkeeper overall the midget Pool had more aggression and command at corners. Having said that I'm not knocking Caspar at all, he was a great servant to us and outstanding goalkeeper. I just don't see where Stowell influenced anything anywhere. 

• Like 1

At least Parker has got two clubs promoted from the Championship to the Premier League. He never managed to keep either of them there though. 

Gerrard I'm just not sure about - gut says no way but he's been cutting his teeth and did well with rangers.

Gerrard is undeniably one of the greatest ever English footballers , the difference there with non playing Rodgers is total.  These truly great players though rarely make reliable managers. Smith was never a great player but is extremely experienced and this sort often make the most successful managers. Pearson and ONeil and Bloomfield and Gilles were similar. I think that is the sort we should be looking at. Puel seemed to fit that pattern perfectly but his pretty hopeless public image was his undoing , personality is important. I like Smith , he comes over pretty well.

17 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

A few people have mentioned and used to criticise the club, that we want to be a mini Man City, we have no strategy, not thinking outside the of the box and our interest in  Maresca is picking names out of a hat. 

I am no fan of Rudkin, however what I will say is if we actually appoint Maresca it will prove 100% we do actually have a plan/strategy and actually if that strategy is built on emulating how Man City play then in fairness its a great team to emulate. What was clear with the appointment of Puel and Rodgers that we had progressed to a more possession based style, in the first 10 months of Rodgers reign arguably we were one of the most progressive and entertaining teams to watch and we were challenging top 4, we were where we wanted to be, however a couple of sobering defeats at Christmas at the hands of City and Liverpool knocked the belief and from that point on Rodgers became a lot more conservative in his approach and from that point we continued to play possession based football but without the high press, intensity to our game. As such we started to move away from emulating City. 

If we want to go back to that possession based game but with a focus on pressing high and playing with intensity then looking at Maresca who is an integral part of that at Man City makes absolute sense, in the same way McKenna also makes sense as he plays a very similar style at Ipswich. 

if we appoint either off these 2 then it will be a real positive as it shows we are recruiting managers who fit how we want to progress as a club and our ethos, yes it went wrong under Rodgers but that was because we moved away from what was bringing success and replaced it with a more conservative, defensive possession based style, that didn’t get the best out of our squad. The board at that stage needed to act and remove Rodgers or look to reinstate the high intensity style. 

McKenna or Maresca coming in and working at Seagrave implementing that kind of football could have us dominating the championship and setting us up to establish ourselves back in the premier league. 

“I am no fan of Rudkin, however what I will say is if we actually appoint Maresca it will prove 100% we do actually have a plan/strategy and actually if that strategy is built on emulating how Man City play then in fairness its a great team to emulate”

You’ve got to be kidding right? You seriously think going for Man City’s first team coach now we’re in the championship in a vain attempt to emulate Burnley constitutes a plan? Why? Because he sits next to Pep on a match day - so hiring him now means we’re

going to play like they do?

This guy has no experience of management other than a rotten 14 game stint at Parma. There is no evidence he can build a squad. We don’t know how well he can implement his tactics and ideas because he’s never done it. Emulating how City play takes a lot more than nabbing one of their coaching team.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Got to be waiting for enzo. Surely we have interviewed everyone we are going to by now. Waiting to interview enzo and then will make a decision after that 

It’s the only thing that makes any sense…then again, this is LCFC

• Haha 1

Guest Mee-9
1 hour ago, Babylon said:

Too right he should be sacked for that, as there’s plenty of Leicester women who could easily achieve that for Kasper. :ph34r:

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love your posts but this is soooo wrong. The new manager has absolutely no say in 'who he wants' .... this is a fire sale. Everybody out until 100m+ has been banked. Then maybe the new guy (or girl) has a minor say

The brief is (should be) simple; here's a sqaud of players. The coaching staff have conditioned them. Now go manage and get us up 

If you're going to do it that way, you might as well bring in the new manager after you've signed the players, and get a manager that will suit the style of the players you've brought in. What normally happens is a manager will be in place, have his style of footballing philosophy, then a recruitment team will bring players in to suit that style. Generally there will be a list of players for different positions, which will be shown to the manager, and it will be talked through, as a collective, and agreed on which player to push for.  Admittedly, that doesn't seem to have been the case in January, when Rodgers seemingly had no say at all.  Most likely because of the utter pigs ear he and his mate Congerton had made of it previously. 

• Like 1

🤣 I take your point but, although not as good a goalkeeper overall the midget Pool had more aggression and command at corners. Having said that I'm not knocking Caspar at all, he was a great servant to us and outstanding goalkeeper. I just don't see where Stowell influenced anything anywhere. 

So your saying Kasper didn't improve at all in his time at City from when he arrive from Leeds?

3 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

So your saying Kasper didn't improve at all in his time at City from when he arrive from Leeds?

He definitely did! Never really addressed his coming off of his line issue which was strange but no doubt we saw a remarkable improvement in Kasper during his time here. Massive part of the league win and his performance in the FA cup final was extraordinary 

We don’t, because we have nothing to do with it. We don’t see training, we’re unliking to notice incremental improvements in positioning etc. 

It’s been going on since the bloke has been here, the second things go wrong… “sack Mike Stowell”, it’s ridiculous. 

People were noticeably quiet about his involvement when we were winning numerous leagues and cups… sort of makes me think it’s reactionary nonsense. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

I love your posts but this is soooo wrong. The new manager has absolutely no say in 'who he wants' .... this is a fire sale. Everybody out until 100m+ has been banked. Then maybe the new guy (or girl) has a minor say

The brief is (should be) simple; here's a sqaud of players. The coaching staff have conditioned them. Now go manage and get us up 

This 100% NOT how it will work. The club needs a manager with a strong personality to shake things up and impose his vision on things. Of course whoever it is will have a major say on transfers because he’ll want players suited to his preferred system. We’re not employing a coach - we’re looking for a manager to reset everything. I doubt the club will sign any players until the new man is in situ because he will ultimately have the final say on transfers.

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

He definitely did! Never really addressed his coming off of his line issue which was strange but no doubt we saw a remarkable improvement in Kasper during his time here. Massive part of the league win and his performance in the FA cup final was extraordinary 

Which is why I don't get people going at Stowell all the time.

Kapser went from a Championship keeper to one the best in the PL under his coaching.

Kasper speak a lot on a number of podcast why his doesn't come for corner etc.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

This 100% NOT how it will work. The club needs a manager with a strong personality to shake things up and impose his vision on things. Of course whoever it is will have a major say on transfers because he’ll want players suited to his preferred system. We’re not employing a coach - we’re looking for a manager to reset everything. I doubt the club will sign any players until the new man is in situ because he will ultimately have the final say on transfers.

There wont be time for any of that. What you are saying there takes half a year to get in motion, if not longer. There has to be a short term aim to bounce back to the PL in one go. To do that, recruitment have to be doing there jobs now ready to strike a range of candidates asap. The club have to appoint the manager they feel who can get us promoted in the first attempt, and if this is a manager we sack once in the PL so be it. No Mercy, no long term projects that muddy short term goals. Get back to the PL and build again once in there.